Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:08 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,728,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you trying to tell me that none are born here ? That they are all "imported" ?
What I am saying is that Most Asians in America today are first and second generation Asian's who came here originally as students and or technical work visas. Many had kids who are now American but they are still strongly influenced by their parents and Asian culture. There are some who came as refugees, however.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:10 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,444,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What I am saying is that Most Asians in America today are first and second generation Asian's who came here originally as students and or technical work visas. Many had kids who are now American but they are still strongly influenced by their parents and Asian culture. There are some who came as refugees, however.

Like I said, Kung Fu and Orange Chicken.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:13 AM

872 posts, read 829,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Asians don't exist to black people. Only whites, only the evilest of evil white devils are what matter. Black people like old Kung Fu movies and Orange chicken, that's about the extent of their intellectual curiosity towards to Asian race.

The Asians own too many markets in Black areas and aside from the occasional YouTube rant by some black lady, they get along ok (minus the Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry like Koreans busting caps in everyone's ass during the Rodney King riots).
This is the sad truth. And most black people see all White People as Evil.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
This is the sad truth. And most black people see all White People as Evil.
I would like to know how either of you geniuses know what most black people think? I would be incredulous if you sought to tell me what MOST of your own race thinks....because there is no way that you KNOW. Therefore, think how incredulous I am when one claims to know how MOST of another race thinks?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I would like to know how either of you geniuses know what most black people think? I would be incredulous if you sought to tell me what MOST of your own race thinks....because there is no way that you KNOW. Therefore, think how incredulous I am when one claims to know how MOST of another race thinks?
It is what is 'portrayed'.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:31 AM

39,315 posts, read 27,699,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Asians don't exist to black people. Only whites, only the evilest of evil white devils are what matter. Black people like old Kung Fu movies and Orange chicken, that's about the extent of their intellectual curiosity towards to Asian race.

The Asians own too many markets in Black areas and aside from the occasional YouTube rant by some black lady, they get along ok (minus the Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry like Koreans busting caps in everyone's ass during the Rodney King riots).
nah. I don't know many black people really hate anybody. Nor do I know any evil whites.

In my world, everybody gets along pretty well. This being said, Each of us almost certainly carries around some level of inherent racial bias. We may not admit it, even to ourselves, but it’s still there.

I think those who always concentrate on "race" will pretty much hate everybody, those who are more laid back will take personal responsibilities of their actions, and they bounce back from failure rather quickly.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
It is what is 'portrayed'.
Portrayed by whom?

Old 12-28-2015, 08:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,696,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
we've all heard this absurd slogan created out of thin air by left wing extremists. no one call truly tell me what privileges I have, they just refer to it as white privilege. since there are no examples that can be cited, it got me thinking that it's merely an excuse for people of color. thoughts.
The sad truth is that in certain circumstances there is are assumptions and concerns made about people, and depending on circumstances of where these assumptions are made, they may be more often negative for you if you are black, than if you were white. The even sadder truth is that, statistically speaking, these assumptions may not even be all that illegitimate.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 AM

I think what needs to be understood is the unspoken premise of "white superiority". White people are not arguing that the white refs did not cheat for whites and make rules that favored the white team until half way through the 4th quarter. What they are arguing is that the cheating and unfairness does not explain the score. What explains the score, in their conjecture, is white superiority. They feel they would have won regardless.....because they feel they are superior. To them......the referring and rules that favored whites are just an EXCUSE for having lost the game, as the real reason for the loss, in their minds, is inferiority to them.

Keep in mind that white supremacy is NOT synonymous with HATE. Parents feel superior to their youth.....but that does not mean that they hate their young children (which is why kids must do what they say....as they know best).

Old 12-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Portrayed by whom?
It comes from people like you.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies