Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:08 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman
Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney years ago.
Yup after he totally ruined it..... He didnt wanna have to deal with the mess he created..... HE KNOWS HE SCREWED UP,doesnt wanna admit it though..

I WILL NOT EVER WATCH WHAT HE TURNED IT INTO. A PIECE OF UNPURE UTTER DOG TRASH!!

Hehe he is LUCKY I have no way of communicating with him! (I would tell him what I think)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:50 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Looking at it, it should be fine. Is there a concern?
It may artisticate nature.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:54 PM

17,585 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thanks for giving us the real story, katzpaw. It sounds like a museum I will visit when it's finished.
Much better news. Something MrsM and I would drive 5 hours to visit

Hooray for George Lucas

Old 12-29-2015, 02:59 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Cool, sounds like an interesting Museum, I'd visit.

But, does this mean George has given up on his hopes of building (a movie studio) some Section 8 housing for all his neighbors in Marin County?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It will be shot up by the gangs in no time.
Obviously you have never been to Chicago.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:14 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Obviously you have never been to Chicago.

Exactly. There's a reason for all that corruption and why the violence is AMAZINGLY kept away from the "right" areas (Museums, University of Chicago, etc.)

Old 12-29-2015, 03:22 PM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Now that Lucas has made a few million dollars on another remake of the same old [MOD CUT] , let's go along with 9 1/2 fingers Emanual to lease the lakefront property to him for $1 for his namesake building. It's the least we IL. taxpayers can do for this multi-millionare. It would be a shame to break the tradition of giving away the people's land to the politician's friends. May the Force shove it down the taxpayers throats again !.
I'm not sure why you say "another remake" since each entry in the Star Wars film franchise has been original content. I would call The Force Awakens a soft reboot perhaps, but still with plenty of fresh and original content. We'll see which direction JJ Abrams leads the series with the next film in 2017.

But the fact that you associate Lucas with the latest film is kind of insulting to the team of talented film makers who created it. Something happened to Lucas after he made the original film in 1977. I think the money affected him and he became a total hack! The prequel trilogy, which he directed, was absolutely rubbish and full of schlock. Him selling the series to Disney is probably the greatest thing that could ever happen for Star Wars fans.

Now he has more time to work on his "personal" film projects that he has always been talking about, like Red Tails and Howard the Duck.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:26 PM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yup after he totally ruined it..... He didnt wanna have to deal with the mess he created..... HE KNOWS HE SCREWED UP,doesnt wanna admit it though..

I WILL NOT EVER WATCH WHAT HE TURNED IT INTO. A PIECE OF UNPURE UTTER DOG TRASH!!

Hehe he is LUCKY I have no way of communicating with him! (I would tell him what I think)
Like his edits of the special edition trilogy releases. Did you hear about the latest one? They digitally edited Harrison Ford so he now raises his hands and yells "Hans up don't shoot!" right before Greedo shoots with his blaster. George felt that this allows Han to shoot back in self defense. The man needs to be stopped and not allowed within 200 feet of a movie studio by a court order.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:33 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
The Bay Area is a more logical choice for a movie arts/animation museum but then who would have thought of a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in that music mecca of Cleveland?

Old 12-29-2015, 04:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Exactly. There's a reason for all that corruption and why the violence is AMAZINGLY kept away from the "right" areas (Museums, University of Chicago, etc.)
I lived in Chicago for 46 years, and worked downtown for about 10 of them. I frequented museums and theaters and clubs and restaurants and sporting events in different neighborhoods all over the city. I never once was shot at, never was a victim of a violent crime, and none of my family or friends were, either. Not once. And despite what you may hear to the contrary, that is the experience of the vast majority of Chicagoans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies