Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 11:17 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Seriously, a retard like that shouldn't have been allowed near a gun.
Who gets to decide that and how?

She should certainly be prosecuted, but we dont do pre-crime here in america.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:28 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
So the mother knows here daughter is visiting. She presumably knew that she was still out when she went to bed. And yet she assumes that the noise she hears is an intruder. Seriously, a retard like that shouldn't have been allowed near a gun.
Agree with you a 100%. Her first thought should have been this is my daughter who is visiting who is coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Who gets to decide that and how?

She should certainly be prosecuted, but we dont do pre-crime here in america.
She won't be prosecuted. First off her husband is a cop and she is a 911 dispatcher, second it happened in FLoriduh, the land of "it's just a tragic accident".

Just one example(there are many) a couple in the Tampa area left a loaded gun in the glove compartment of their car and their 2 year old son alone in the car, the 2 year old got the gun and shot and killed himself.

No charges, there are dozens of these stories.

No accountability in FL, than add in they work in law enforcement.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:46 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,321 times
Crazy country. Glad I don't live there.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNhomesteading View Post
I live in a very rural area. I have no children and no one should be entering my home. I keep my shotgun loaded with double ought. If my dog goes off, I'm ready.

and IF some poor woman was take into the woods and raped and just happens to get away and finds your place for safety you will just shoot her --- great job

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I live alone and all my family has keys... but as I had teens who sneaked out the windows - I know to ASK who is there?? and by the way, all my kids know I pack so- mine be smart enough not be to sneaking in with out letting me know-- I always ask-- when you coming- home I don't want to shoot you--
Where was the hubby? how this gal not know parents are LEOS guns is normal in that house.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:27 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Get over it........it is called knowing what you are walking into. Why was a 27 yr old arriving at midnight and the parents didn't know? My kids hung out late and they were taught how to arrive, so I knew it was them and not an intruder......this is called both of us being aware and survival!

Also, little something about a pacemaker and not a gun shot.

I don't know if you have kids who have arrived late.......from my experience I knew it was my kids entering, they were taught to do certain things. Like loud cars and trucks pulling in the yard was always a dead give away at 2:00 in the morning.
Seriously??? How did you teach your kids to come in when it's late, to yell "WE'RE HOME!!!!!"? Please. Parents know that their kids can show up at any time. It's basically a part of being a parent. My brother lives in the same town as my parents, I live 20 minutes away. Both my brother & I show up at my parents house all the time. Being parents, they know this is a common occurrence of children. Not once have they ever felt the need to start shooting. How absolutely absurd & ridiculous.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:41 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Seriously??? How did you teach your kids to come in when it's late, to yell "WE'RE HOME!!!!!"? Please. Parents know that their kids can show up at any time. It's basically a part of being a parent. My brother lives in the same town as my parents, I live 20 minutes away. Both my brother & I show up at my parents house all the time. Being parents, they know this is a common occurrence of children. Not once have they ever felt the need to start shooting. How absolutely absurd & ridiculous.

Have to agree, this was a 27 year old adult woman who was visiting her parents over the holidays. Probably went out for the evening to see old friends as this is where she grew up. She went out so she would be returning.

Your first thought should be "oh this is Linda coming home"(if her returning wakes you), than you call out to be sure if you're nervous.

But I don't think the norm is to wake the whole household up with "I'M BACK" at 1am, when everyone is in bed to avoid getting shot. In most households that would anger those who are sleeping.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:59 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Have to agree- I've never heard of a family who teaches their kids to make certain sounds when they enter the home at night.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:05 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Man, we sure do love shooting and killing in this country.

"Bang bang! Shoot em up! Yeehaw! Pew Pew! Kill em all and let God sort em out, family or not!"

Old 01-03-2016, 02:38 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1
I'd rather be hacked to death than shoot my own kid.
I wonder if this made her finally GET RID OF THIER STUPID GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

I think I know the answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.