Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:31 AM

497 posts, read 430,246 times

Advertisements

While it is clearly not 99%, this is what makes the west so special - you as a member of the public have access to millions and millions of acres of public land to hike, hunt, fish, camp etc etc. It is one of America's greatest treasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The fed controls what 99% of land in the west? 'Public'? Not really.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,425,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
While it is clearly not 99%, this is what makes the west so special - you as a member of the public have access to millions and millions of acres of public land to hike, hunt, fish, camp etc etc. It is one of America's greatest treasures.
It is a treasure that people cannot own land in a massive swath of the country subjecting individuals to the rule of the federal government? Nobody is visiting 99.9% of that land. It also just so happens the federal government is wildly unpopular in those regions. I wonder why?

Do you have to deal with the fed in your day to day life? Would you enjoy it?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:34 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,686,252 times
For what's worth, some folks may want to read the Justice Department's report of the trail in which these gentlemen were sentenced.

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice

Old 01-03-2016, 11:37 AM

13,471 posts, read 7,460,471 times
This rancher who keeps causing trouble has no rights to the land he never owned the land he leased the land never paid for the leases. If he wanted private land his grandfather should have purchased the land when he had a chance. Who supports this guy he is nothing more then a trouble maker.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
This rancher who keeps causing trouble has no rights he never owned the land he leased the land never paid for the leases. If he wanted private land his grandfather should have purchased the land when he had a chance. Who supports this guy he is nothing more then a trouble maker.
Purchased the land from the federal government? The federal government that controls massive swaths of the west and will never give up that land?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:40 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,438,737 times
Gather up all the Native tribes that are still around and give them their land back.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
For what's worth, some folks may want to read the Justice Department's report of the trail in which these gentlemen were sentenced.

Eastern Oregon Ranchers Convicted of Arson Resentenced to Five Years in Prison | USAO-OR | Department of Justice
There certainly seems to be something there on number 1, number 2 is a joke. 5 years is a joke in the context of some of the insane/nonexistent punishments for violent crimes.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Gather up all the Native tribes that are still around and give them their land back.
Can we start with your property?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:41 AM

497 posts, read 430,246 times
What on earth are you talking about? I own land in the West. I, like millions and millions of Americans, spend a huge amount of my free time exploring and enjoying our public lands. I regularly have great interactions with BLM, FS and NPS rangers and employees - I talk to them on a monthly basis for advice on conditions, where to go and what to see. As they say 'Your not from around here' are you?

The federal government is not popular among Militia's anywhere, be it the Michigan Militia or the Bundy crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
It is a treasure that people cannot own land in a massive swath of the country subjecting individuals to the rule of the federal government? Nobody is visiting 99.9% of that land. It also just so happens the federal government is wildly unpopular in those regions. I wonder why?

Do you have to deal with the fed in your day to day life? Would you enjoy it?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
What on earth are you talking about? I own land in the West. I, like millions and millions of Americans, spend a huge amount of my free time exploring and enjoying our public lands. I regularly have great interactions with BLM, FS and NPS rangers and employees - I talk to them on a monthly basis for advice on conditions, where to go and what to see. As they say 'Your not from around here' are you?

The federal government is not popular among Militia's anywhere, be it the Michigan Militia or the Bundy crowd.
You cannot raise any reasonable number of cattle without using BLM land due to the major % of land they own.

The west is controlled by militias? That must be why the fed is so popular in the west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies