Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 04:45 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You boys? It's your president that says that exact thing....it's the gun show loop hole, and straw purchases, that's how criminals get guns...

You cannot fix stupid....
Maybe we can't fix stupid, but can we at least try to be less stupid and not mix up who is saying what about who? I don't remember Obama explaining anything about what criminals can buy and quickly put together in their basement. And then to suggest Obama "says that exact thing..."

Not only are you right we cannot fix stupid, but I think you are also showing us why...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 04:50 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I probably should know better than to honor that little tid bit as somehow worth considering with all the rest, but just to be fair...

John Lott just came out with this book that includes this quotes from who knows how long back during Obama's college days, and because he published that book, we should all consider that "gospel?" Even more objectively, from a known gun-advocate and columnist for Fox News?

Just ask'n...
So, we should consider what romney did 30+ years ago (from his presidential run) as the gospel and he has not changed, not a single bit, he is still he same person from 30+ years....

Yet, when obama is quoted, you provide this little tid bit tat is was years ago....?

Not sure what the difference is, maybe you can inform us from a leftist view point, that it's o.k. for a leftist to denounce something that happened some time in college, but yet a rightie does something 30+ years ago, and that means he is still the same person, people don't change that's him, he hates dogs...period end of story....

Go ahead....this should be interesting....

Fox news existed back then?

Just ask'n.....

Old 01-14-2016, 04:54 PM

Default Oh wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/42602270-post238.html

Still waiting. And yeah, that basically is what you said. You think that people should jump through whatever hoops, pay whatever money, and only own what the government said is "appropriate", yet your feelings on these types of restrictions and regulations are SOLELY for firearms.
Oh! Now I see what you are waiting on! So sorry, but I don't usually attempt replies to comments that involved. Can you boil down your question for me, maybe just a little, because I don't have the time to sort through all that, let alone all the rest, certainly not today anyway...

PS: Yet another version of what I am saying. Love these, again, "so in essence what you are saying..."

"In other words, what you are saying..."

"What you REALLY mean is..."

Why can't people just stick to the honest straight-forward black-in-white plainly easy to find and read -- in my own words? Quote verbatim, please don't paraphrase. You need not continue to misrepresent my words or opinions! No one who agrees with you and those tactics gives a rats arse about the truth of these matters anyway!

Also, to be civil, I don't write what I REALLY think about the inability to be fair along these lines, quote what is ACTUALLY posted -- not your interpretation -- because I try to refrain from using those kinds of fricken four letter words...

Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Maybe we can't fix stupid, but can we at least try to be less stupid and not mix up who is saying what about who?
Who is mixing up what?

Quote:
I don't remember Obama explaining anything about what criminals can buy and quickly put together in their basement. And then to suggest Obama "says that exact thing..."
I only read the first piece of your post, hence, the reason I only quoted the what I quoted....

So, obama has never talked about hte gun show loop hole...really?

Quote:
Not only are you right we cannot fix stupid, but I think you are also showing us why...
Just showing what you and your ilk perceive as common sense....

And, your right, we cannot fix stupid.....

Old 01-14-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Oh! Now I see what you are waiting on! So sorry, but I don't usually attempt replies to comments that involved. Can you boil down your question for me, maybe just a little, because I don't have the time to sort through all that, let alone all the rest, certainly not today anyway....
Did you post the post below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe
You boys seem to know a lot more about what criminals do and proud of it! Not sure any of us, regardless our enthusiasm about guns, isn't aware of what y'all keep educating us about, how criminals don't much like abiding by the law. Are you saying they aren't like the rest of us law-abiding folks? I knew I would learn something today!

Aside from all that so very much over my head, big old "elephants in the room" that we liberals "would not talk about," I'd just offer up that I'm no criminal mind, but I have considered about every statistic and argument there is on this subject, and I have to admit I am left leaving a good deal of the judgement to law-enforcement agencies, experts in this field and those a lot more heavily vested in one side or the other than I am.

I have not been a victim of violent crime, nor most of my friends or family, and I am also not one who has that much interest in guns for sport or otherwise. Mostly, I am just interested in the debate from a public policy standpoint, because politics interests me.

I've said more than a few times that I don't see any satisfactory solution to the gun violence problem, no easy answers, no lack of trade-offs involved, no real hope this problem will go away in our lifetime, especially here in America, but that is true with a lot of our problems. I'm not so resigned or inclined to think we shouldn't keep promoting what helps here and there, or be so quick to assume that nothing works just because a criminal can get around the system.

There is always that number of people somewhere between good and bad citizen that is maybe the best we can do to tilt the scales to whatever extent toward less violence. Maybe that's the best we can shoot for (pun intended), just like the politicians go after the independents rather than those who's minds are made up regardless what case is made either way.

For some that might seem like more "harassment of law abiding citizens," but I don't see it that way. Seems to me its more about a whole lot of noise and heartburn coming from a group of old white guys who love their guns (or so the demographic of NRA members seems to suggest).

Lo siento, much like I feel for people who still wish they could smoke in restaurants and on airplanes. I was one of them too, before the damn law makers started infringing on my freedom, mostly the liberals for starters, thinking they always know what's best for everybody...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em...
Talk about a f'n hypocrite.....

Old 01-14-2016, 05:01 PM

Default Wrong again...

Quote:
So, we should consider what romney did 30+ years ago (from his presidential run) as the gospel and he has not changed, not a single bit, he is still he same person from 30+ years....

Yet, when obama is quoted, you provide this little tid bit tat is was years ago....?

Not sure what the difference is, maybe you can inform us from a leftist view point, that it's o.k. for a leftist to denounce something that happened some time in college, but yet a rightie does something 30+ years ago, and that means he is still the same person, people don't change that's him, he hates dogs...period end of story....

Go ahead....this should be interesting....

Fox news existed back then?

Just ask'n.....
These, again, are not my words or what I was trying to point out. First, why should we believe this quote is truth? Is it because this guy included it in his book? Also, I agree it is admirable to stay true to your convictions over time, but also to change as appropriate. I don't know what Obama said to this guy back who knows how long ago, but I know I have said some things in college I don't still believe. Obama has also made it very clear he respects the 2nd Amendment, so why choose to believe some guy who wants to sell a book instead, especially a publicly known pro-gun contributor for Fox news?

Not sure about your question, Fox news back then, but no..., this guy makes wants to make his money from selling his book and writing for Fox news today. If that's all you want to take into account, I've got some other good books and quotes for your to read. Some swamp land you might be interested in as well...

Just let me know...

Old 01-14-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Did you post the post below?

Talk about a f'n hypocrite.....
I'm not the one going on, and on, and on about answering a question. How about a little mercy, cut the crapola, and simply state the question? Possible?

You want an honest answer, or do you just like repeating yourself and going around in circles adnauseum?

Not that your rolling eyes and all aren't cute or anything, but I'm more interested in what this now infamous question might be that you want so badly answered. If you can't spit it out plain and simple like, you'll need to wait until I can get back to you on that longer deal of yours that I thank you for reposting.

PS: Not that I have a problem with length, when worth reading quite the contrary, but when time doesn't so easily allow, I admit I tend to focus on the short comments that also catch my attention. My apologies for missing more than a few along the way...

Good night.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
These, again, are not my words or what I was trying to point out.

I don't care if they are your words....they are leftist words....and you ore on the left..

Quote:
First, why should we believe this quote is truth? Is it because this guy included it in his book? Also, I agree it is admirable to stay true to your convictions over time, but also to change as appropriate. I don't know what Obama said to this guy back who knows how long ago, but I know I have said some things in college I don't still believe. Obama has also made it very clear he respects the 2nd Amendment, so why choose to believe some guy who wants to sell a book instead, especially a publicly known pro-gun contributor for Fox news?
Why did everyone on he left believe that romney did not change? Because it happened 30+ years ago?

I mean, even you said that you changed, but is that because you have a "D" by your name, but because romney has a "R" that means he is the same person he was 30+ years ago?

Quote:
Not sure about your question, Fox news back then, but no..., this guy makes wants to make his money from selling his book and writing for Fox news today. If that's all you want to take into account, I've got some other good books and quotes for your to read. Some swamp land you might be interested in as well...
Why would a person lie about an interview that happened prior to being part of fox news?

Let's see the quotes, then let me decide....but it appers your swamp land is just as fake as you..

Quote:
Just let me know...
I've been trying, you just fail to move from any stand point you have.....even with facts....

Old 01-14-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not the one going on, and on, and on about answering a question. How about a little mercy, cut the crapola, and simply state the question? Possible?
I have, you refuse to answer.

Quote:
You want an honest answer, or do you just like repeating yourself and going around in circles adnauseum?
I have asked the question(s), because your inability to understand what a "?" means is not my problem.

Quote:
Not that your rolling eyes and all aren't cute or anything, but I'm more interested in what this now infamous question might be that you want so badly answered. If you can't spit it out plain and simple like, you'll need to wait until I can get back to you on that longer deal of yours that I thank you for reposting.
You infamous rambling has made you lost, you cannot even keep up, but why am I not surprised?

Quote:
PS: Not that I have a problem with length, when worth reading quite the contrary, but when time doesn't so easily allow, I admit I tend to focus on the short comments that also catch my attention. My apologies for missing more than a few along the way...
Yea, you missed....and then blame others...how leftist...great job...

Quote:
Good night.
Thank god!

Or does that offend you also?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:56 AM

Default Trying?

Quote:
I've been trying, you just fail to move from any stand point you have.....even with facts....
Trying? If this is trying, please stop, because all I see is a complete inability to consider what I am ACTUALLY writing, misrepresenting just about every comment I make, all to force your version of my position over anything close to what it actually is.

How was that? Rather than respect my words exactly, I am a liberal, so I am supposed to debate you on all you consider the thinking and voice of liberals rather than my position? If you simply took my words verbatim, and/or considered my position as more representative of most liberals I know over your interpretations across the board, you just might learn something, and this whole exchange wouldn't be so stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies