Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:36 AM

1,676 posts, read 947,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Kurdistan is a different topic, but that too I believe they are entitled to their own country that reflects the land they live on. I fully support the creation of Kurdistan and would rather see the US help a country like that than Israel.

By that idea, then I guess Christians are Middle Eastern people too. I personally think the Jews should have been given a chunk of Germany rather than a slice of land in a completely different region. It was the Germans that lost the war, not the Middle East. Well it appears the Jews have done a poor job making good neighbors with their fellow Middle Easterners, which makes me feel like they have gotten tired of Europe bossing around the region and telling them what the must and must not accept.

Well this liberal is tired of having to be the guard dog for Israel, if they belong there so much, then they should take care of themselves. And if you think they don't rely on the US for help, then I guess we no longer need to funnel money into their country.....maybe we should give them a $121 billion dollar bill for all the money we have given them to date....
U.S. foreign aid to Israel: 2014 congressional report - Journalist's Resource Journalist's Resource

It is hard for you to say Israel doesn't need the help of the US when they are literally funding their military with US tax dollars.
US aid to Israel accounts for .5% of their GDP--hardly a big figure.

Jews are not just a religious group, but an ethnic one. Unlike Islam and Christianity, they don't proselytize, which means that there are very few converts, and thus, very few people who aren't Jewish by blood.

I'm glad we agree there should be a Kurdistan, but why are they more deserving of help than Israel? Furthermore, why is Israel to blame for "being bad neighbors", when they accepted the 1948 partition and their neighbors said no and tried to destroy the Jewish people? And why should Jews be in part of Germany instead of our own homeland? Germany is not our land, and Israel's creation was already approved before the Holocaust. So while that did factor in, it wasn't the sole reason for Israel's re-establishment. Fact is, you're anti-Semitic. Might as well just admit it, because your words and actions here prove it anyways.

And it doesn't really matter what you think should have happened with part of Germany--it's not 1945 anymore. I'll play by your logic, since you made the 1913 argument. Israel is here to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 12:39 AM

552 posts, read 314,656 times
Quote:
Yes, I think we all figured that out when I stated television didn't exist in 1913. Any other "smart" posts you would like to add before I add you to my ignore list?
The TV networks started as radio broadcasters. I guess that you didn't know that radio was around in 1913. How do you think the Titanic called for help a year before?

Old 01-05-2016, 01:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
US aid to Israel accounts for .5% of their GDP--hardly a big figure.

Jews are not just a religious group, but an ethnic one. Unlike Islam and Christianity, they don't proselytize, which means that there are very few converts, and thus, very few people who aren't Jewish by blood.

I'm glad we agree there should be a Kurdistan, but why are they more deserving of help than Israel? Furthermore, why is Israel to blame for "being bad neighbors", when they accepted the 1948 partition and their neighbors said no and tried to destroy the Jewish people? And why should Jews be in part of Germany instead of our own homeland? Germany is not our land, and Israel's creation was already approved before the Holocaust. So while that did factor in, it wasn't the sole reason for Israel's re-establishment. Fact is, you're anti-Semitic. Might as well just admit it, because your words and actions here prove it anyways.

And it doesn't really matter what you think should have happened with part of Germany--it's not 1945 anymore. I'll play by your logic, since you made the 1913 argument. Israel is here to stay.
Oh, I didn't say we should give them a part of Germany now, so no, you aren't using my logic....if the money the US provides isn't much for them, then maybe we should stop funneling money into their economy to fund their military.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
The TV networks started as radio broadcasters. I guess that you didn't know that radio was around in 1913. How do you think the Titanic called for help a year before?
I didn't say anything about radio...but thanks for trying to play a weird off topic game....have fun on my ignore list.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:12 AM

Many in Israel have already said they no longer need the aid, and that it makes Israel beholden to whatever the White House says regarding Iran and the Palestinians.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:15 AM

552 posts, read 314,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Many in Israel have already said they no longer need the aid, and that it makes Israel beholden to whatever the White House says regarding Iran and the Palestinians.
Anyone in the White House is beholden to the Israeli lobby.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:31 AM

Except for Obama, who is beholden to the Muslim Brotherhood

Old 01-05-2016, 02:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Well the Palestinians or Arabs living on that land now. It doesn't matter who was there first, Indians were here first in the US, does it mean we should give them their land back because they were here first?
American Indians LOST. If we're gonna go there; had the Europeans done things "Indian way" there might be NO Indians left in 2016.

Palestinians: the Muslims also LOST during WW 2; many of at least their leaders backed up Hitler, we all know what happened to Hitler's friends after that war. It is what it is.was

Old 01-05-2016, 06:08 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Quote:
No, with that said, I don't really care one way or another because what happens in Israel has no effect on my life, but in the world of the internet I do believe the Palestinians or Arabs have been getting the short end of the stick with Israel trying to hold onto all of the cards.

Israel as a country existing or not isn't a concern of mine, but of course that would never happen because Israel will always have it's American guard dogs to protect it, though it is those guard dogs that have prevented Israel from starting a full on war in the Middle East.
So you are one of those "I don't care" people, who don't care so much that they feel thee need to go on threads and put time into arguing about something that they "don't care" about.

I don't have a problem with people who truly don't care about things that have "no effect on their lives". Sure, they may be a little shallow, and not part of the solution, but at least they are not part of the problem. They don't care about Tibet, the Kurds, the Armenians, or the Palestinians. They just ignore the conversations involving these subjects. But the selective "I don't care" people, they seem to not care about any of the other conflicts in the world EXCEPT for Israel. Then they have a lot to say about a subject that they "don't care" about.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:01 AM

862 posts, read 520,544 times
Quote:
Maybe so, but none of the multiple offers were what the Palestinians or Arabs wanted because it didn't meet what they were asking for.
And what we are telling you, and what is known, and what you refuse to believe is that what they are asking for is no Israel what so ever.

You don't get everything you ask for in negotiations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies