Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 03:48 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

These groups greatly expanded from 42 in 2008 to almost 300 today, black president, fear of losing guns, Tea Party and we have the perfect breeding ground.

"The armed takeover of a federal government building in Oregon comes amid a renewed expansion of the far-right, antigovernment militia movement in the wake of the 2014 standoff between federal agents and heavily armed antigovernment activists in the Nevada desert.

In its annual count of militias, released today, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) identified 276 militia groups – up from 202 in 2014, a 37 percent increase."

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2016/...hird-last-year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 03:53 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
I've seen the Confederate flag in New England way more than I ever did living in the South for a little while. It's been adopted here as an anti Gov't symbol.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 12 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Man, what a mess. Obama has just got to go.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
There's a list????

Old 01-10-2016, 03:58 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Who decides, and what is an anti-government militia group?

I don't think the groups are anti-government, they oppose violations of the constitution. Doesn't every American oppose the government violating the constitution?

BTW, If the source is the Southern Poverty Law Center, they are not exactly unbiased, they take a pretty strong anti-gun stance.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:08 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These groups greatly expanded from 42 in 2008 to almost 300 today, black president, fear of losing guns, Tea Party and we have the perfect breeding ground.

"The armed takeover of a federal government building in Oregon comes amid a renewed expansion of the far-right, antigovernment militia movement in the wake of the 2014 standoff between federal agents and heavily armed antigovernment activists in the Nevada desert.

In its annual count of militias, released today, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) identified 276 militia groups – up from 202 in 2014, a 37 percent increase."

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2016/...hird-last-year
SPLC feels the same way about Luke Rudkowsky and We Are Change:

WeAreChange founder Luke Rudkowski makes SPLC's Patriot most wanted list! | We Are Change
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...riots?page=0,2

This is what Harpers Magazine has to say about SPLC:

_"The Southern Poverty Business Model"_
http://harpers.org/blog/2007/11/the-...usiness-model/

_"Morris Dees: A Life Fighting Poverty"_
"I’ve written in the past on various occasions about Morris Dees, head of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), the bogus “civil rights organization” whose chief (and wildly successful) mission has been to separate wealthy liberals from their money. Last time I checked, the SPLC had more than $150 million in its treasury, more than the GNP of some of the world’s smaller countries, yet it did very little work to advance civil rights or fight poverty."
http://harpers.org/blog/2010/04/morr...hting-poverty/

Last edited by mm4; 01-10-2016 at 04:25 PM..

Old 01-10-2016, 04:14 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Man, what a mess. Obama has just got to go.
I agree.

Hope and Change!

How'd that work out? Worst president ever!

Old 01-10-2016, 04:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
The same thing happened when Clinton was president and pushing gun control and having the FBI killing women and children. You see how that worked out for him, he lost Democrats the House and Senate for years and was impeached. Obama being black has nothing to do with it, no matter how many times rabid foaming at the mouth liberals repeat it. Obama being a big government liberal has everything to do with it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...president-too/

New militia groups were in decline in the last couple years of the Clinton administration, but the biggest year for militia groups since 1996 was actually long before Obama, in 1996 -- right in the middle of Clinton's presidency. Back then there were 370 such groups.

Go ahead and continue to play the race card and ignore the facts, it's all you have left.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:07 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
I'm a conservative and even I'll admit there are groups out there who don't like Obama because of the color of his skin. I think we should all be smart enough to admit that.

As far as not liking America, I think it would be fairly safe to say that most of us here do like, or love, America. Many of us just don't like our elected officials and are frustrated that we keep getting the same clowns in office. My opinion on that is that "my guy" is okay, the rest are idiots. It's about the only way to explain how some people keep getting elected even though most people can't stand them. Look at those like Pelosi and Boehner.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:34 PM

991 posts, read 629,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'm a conservative and even I'll admit there are groups out there who don't like Obama because of the color of his skin. I think we should all be smart enough to admit that.
So?
It works both ways!

I can't seem to recall the race card being used as an excuse (for Everything) when the 'pale faces' ran the white house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies