Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 07:48 AM

2,964 posts, read 5,010,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Not bring in the terrorists into the USA to set us up for numerous future attacks.

Most all liberals that talk on here continuously justify rape and murder done by the adherents of the Superstition...if you don't, and I haven't seen where you've done so, then you are definitely a minority liberal and should lose your liberal license.
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but don't conservatives also subscribe to the fact that this is a country founded on a competing superstition? Christian Nation no? No liberal justifies rape and murder. That's just a reactionary talking point. These are countered by equally ridiculous talking points from the other side. It's time we all put on our "big boy pants" and grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 AM

30,120 posts, read 18,727,646 times
Quote:
\\Burkina Faso attack: Dozens dead in hotel siege - CNN.com

Just another attack by Muslims...roll the tape on excuses Liberals and how we aren't to judge all by the actions of the millions attacking society...blah blah blah.
Liberals and Muslims are allies in thier war against Christianity and western culture. Liberals will always find a way to rationalize and ignore acts of murder, rape, and terrorism committed by thier friends.

Totalitarians of any stripe are comfortable bed fellows and can conveniently ignore horrible acts as simply a means to achieve thier totalitarian state.

Like Islam, liberalism is a force of evil and subjugation in the world.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:10 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,523,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are kidding yourself if you believe the bold, the San Bernardino killing was all over the place.

And the reason those others you spoke of arent talked about is because they happened half way around the world.
I was referring to social media. It was the first sentence of my post, for Pete's sake. I was pointing out the social experiment that is FB, and how oddly selective our outrage is over these events. You then argue against this phenomenon by pointing out how we don't react when things happen 'half way around the world'. That's not true at all, and I pointed that out.

Americans showed far far more compassion on social media for the Paris attacks than they did the one that occurred in our own backyard, in San Bernardino. The Paris attacks had Americans using French avatars, sharing survivor stories, offering pledges of support and hosting benefit concerts. When the SB attack occurred, social media went no habla. People didn't express a need to unify and be supportive at all. There seems to be so much self-loathing among some Americans that they can't even show compassion when we're attacked on our own soil.

That s my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals and Muslims are allies in thier war against Christianity and western culture. Liberals will always find a way to rationalize and ignore acts of murder, rape, and terrorism committed by thier friends.

Totalitarians of any stripe are comfortable bed fellows and can conveniently ignore horrible acts as simply a means to achieve thier totalitarian state.

Like Islam, liberalism is a force of evil and subjugation in the world.
I think ultra conservative Christians would be much better partners in that enterprise. Intolerance, intractable superstitious beliefs, a history of glossing over atrocity in the name of faith...

Old 01-17-2016, 08:42 AM

30,561 posts, read 19,302,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying here, but don't conservatives also subscribe to the fact that this is a country founded on a competing superstition? Christian Nation no? No liberal justifies rape and murder. That's just a reactionary talking point. These are countered by equally ridiculous talking points from the other side. It's time we all put on our "big boy pants" and grow up.
All liberals that post here continuously justify rape and murder if done by Muslims....if rape or murder done by Christians, then you would be right, they would scream and rant about it continuously.

If Christians were attacking, raping and killing Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Gays, women, other Christians on a daily basis and if Christians book advocated doing so, then you would have a point...but they're not and you don't.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:43 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
\\Burkina Faso attack: Dozens dead in hotel siege - CNN.com

Just another attack by Muslims...roll the tape on excuses Liberals and how we aren't to judge all by the actions of the millions attacking society...blah blah blah.
Our government murders thousands of innocent people in the Middle East so we have absolutely no justification to call out, as well as falsely label Muslims, until we clean our own house first.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
All liberals that post here continuously justify rape and murder if done by Muslims....if rape or murder done by Christians, then you would be right, they would scream and rant about it continuously.

If Christians were attacking, raping and killing Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Gays, women, other Christians on a daily basis and if Christians book advocated doing so, then you would have a point...but they're not and you don't.
I think that's a voice in your head. Show me your proof. Saying that refugees deserve a chance is not justifying rape and murder, except maybe in the consciousness you inhabit. I for one would condemn rape and murder regardless of religion,race, or nationality.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:50 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
This is an outright lie. There are plenty of things to call Liberals on but this is not one of them. All? NO. Do some? again NO. One out of millions? There might be one. ONE!

Quote:
First off our Christian presidents have murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people in the Middle East. Our current murderer in chief, who is a Christian in spite of what republicans as well as democrats think, has murdered thousands of innocents while trying to hunt down "terrorists". At best, 1 out of every 10 killed is the actual target. At BEST. Your post is garbage.
I'm defending Liberals ...ugh

Old 01-17-2016, 08:58 AM

29,619 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
It was all over the place because at the time of the shooting the news media believed the shooters were white men. The news got real cautious when they found out the names of the shooters were Muslim names.
I dont remember anyone speculating them to be white, or the media coverage letting up once we found out they werent white, which was within the day it happened.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:06 AM

29,619 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I was referring to social media. It was the first sentence of my post, for Pete's sake. I was pointing out the social experiment that is FB, and how oddly selective our outrage is over these events. You then argue against this phenomenon by pointing out how we don't react when things happen 'half way around the world'. That's not true at all, and I pointed that out.

What is the bold there for, My comment was in line with your post. Do you care about a car crash in Jakarta or the one down the street, how about a 5.0 Earthquake in China vs one 10 miles down the road. Outrage is relevant to distance.

The closer the event, the more you care, that is why Social media cares about American events and not some bombing attempt half way across the planet

Quote:
Americans showed far far more compassion on social media for the Paris attacks than they did the one that occurred in our own backyard, in San Bernardino. The Paris attacks had Americans using French avatars, sharing survivor stories, offering pledges of support and hosting benefit concerts. When the SB attack occurred, social media went no habla. People didn't express a need to unify and be supportive at all. There seems to be so much self-loathing among some Americans that they can't even show compassion when we're attacked on our own soil.

That s my opinion and I'm sticking to it

That is a false equivalency

Paris attack; 130 people dead, 368 injured. 3 separate locations with in the capital of a major ally including an attack at a concert and SPorts venue.

San Bernardino attack: 14 dead , 24 injured,

Why are you trying to claim these are equal in weight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies