Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Trump traveling carnival continues who will he pick up next, Glenn Beck, Alex Jones. I think this endorsement is more about winning Iowa than anything else, the question is what will he owe Palin, a cabinet post. Maybe the VA, Dept of Education, ATF?
Beck thinks Palin Trumpf is a sideshow. He's a Cruz backer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 08:15 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
It's funny how Trump is so critical of "losers", even stooping to such depraved depths that he would call John McCain a loser for having been captured in Vietnam, but now he's gladly accepting the endorsement of a loser and half-term quitter.
That bears repeating. If Palin is so concerned about how veterans are regarded and treated by presidents once they return get home, why on earth is she endorsing someone who calls POW's "losers"?

Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
That bears repeating. If Palin is so concerned about how veterans are regarded and treated by presidents once they return get home, why on earth is she endorsing someone who calls POW's "losers"?
Great question. It makes no sense, does it, especially given the fact that she wouldn't have any of the opportunities and wealth she enjoys today if not for McCain.

I would add another question for those defending her regarding her blaming Obama for her son's actions: If she knew track was suffering from PTSD why did she leave him home with no one to monitor his access to booze and guns? This isn't the first time he's been violent.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
McCain has very diplomatically refrained from criticizing the Half-Term Quitter up until now. I'd love to see him break that silence now that she has endorsed a draft dodger who called him a loser for being a POW.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:37 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have not fought in a just war in over 70 years and have been in continuous wars for the last 30 years. The human cost long after the war is never a consideration, we are far to willing to send troops into battle without thinking of the results.
And the attack on 9/11 should have been swept under the rug with no action at all. We are sitting ducks with that thinking.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
And the attack on 9/11 should have been swept under the rug with no action at all. We are sitting ducks with that thinking.
What did Iraq have to do with 9/11?

Old 01-21-2016, 08:41 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They don't get respect so that is why he had to beat his girlfriend? I am a VN combat vet.. I got no respect, NONE, when I got back. I got nothing but contempt and ridicule. People looked at us like they look at Muslims today expecting us to lose it and start killing them. The president when I got out was a crook and and a conniving scumbag who resigned to save his butt from a jail cell. And still I did not beat my girlfriend or my wife or my kids. I went to college, got a job, paid my taxes, and raised good kids.

This guy is a wife-beating dirt bag and his mother was a lousy one by any standard. She raised a daughter who is out getting pregnant repeatedly while preaching abstinence and a POS son who beats up women while she makes excuses for both of their sorry tails.
I don't believe at all the president is at fault here but PTSD after combat is real. Some people like you either don't feel it or are able to battle it successfully. Others are not. That doesn't excuse his behavior. His behavior may or may not have nothing to do with PTSD.

Sarah Palin would probably blame President Obama for all bad things.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:41 AM

I have to say, the liberal media has created hatred for the Palin family and it shows here on this forum. Such deep hatred for a family you don't even know.

At least when I post it is about Obama's policies that are destroying our freedoms, our safety and our economy.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What did Iraq have to do with 9/11?
Ask Bill Clinton and the democrats.. on their watch they said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Talk about what really happened .. the democrats all voted to go in ... then of course back pedaled because they are such manipulating liars.. Bush was not in this alone.

If Saddam had used weapons of mass destruction on NYC and Bush didn't go in , he would have been chastised as well. So keep the big D on your head and just don't dare to look at the truth. You can't own what the democrats did also.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:46 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Remember when conservatives claimed that they were all about accepting personal responsibility for your personal behavior?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Yeah, I never believed them either.

Do you blame the mentally ill when they do something wrong? PTSD is a mental illness. You cannot blame people who are sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies