Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 05:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I cannot imagine the ego it takes for someone to run for POTUS with minor children.
I cannot imagine putting my family through the ordeal.

The right and left media have trashed kids all along. The treatment of Amy Carter was shameful.

Cruz is an idiot for using his lovely children to create a picture of a family man.

Back when, Rand Paul's son was arrested for being an obnoxious drunken fool on an airplane. Rand did not blame anyone for his son's behavior. He asked for privacy and got it.
Rand is an independent.. that is why..

Hello.. Cruz is a family man...so is Obama and has two lovely girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
I'm always told how much money Palin has made over the last 8 years. I think she can afford to get help for her son.
You really think dollars can fix PTSD.. you have no idea....

Old 01-20-2016, 05:35 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Ever hear of the cons voting down attempts to help these vets? No? I didn't think so.
1. Veterans Affairs Funding Bill (2015)
2. Women Veterans and Families Health Services Act (2014)3. Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act (2014)
4. Veterans Jobs Corps Act (2012)
5. Homeless Women Veterans and Homeless Veterans With Children Act (2010)

Are each of those funding bills, stand alone bills, or are they part of spending bills where dems amended and tacked on non-veteran related funding to get funding "under the radar" and if the bills failed, blame the GOP for "voting against veterans"?

You do know how the game is played, right?

Old 01-20-2016, 05:36 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The left probably put in a trillion dollars to help the muslims .. they are famous for attaching something to a bill so it won't pass.. We know the left and their tricks..
Oh - and here I thought you were giving this thread some thought.

I'll dumb it down for you even more next time.

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
The tolerant left.. what a joke.. I don't care about politics when it comes to our servicemen.. you hate everyone who is a republican.. Obama has you trained well.
I wonder if it is only Palin's son who is suffering from PTSD?

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
This woman has no shame whatsoever. Blaming her son's violence on Obama simply takes the cake. Was Bristol's violent brawl with the neighbors also Obama's fault? What other high-profile politician has a family with such violent anti-societal tendencies? And then to blame the actions of her family on everyone and everything except the the family members is absurd.

She certainly is not doing her son any favors by excusing his behavior and blaming it on the president. It will probably embarrass him and make him angrier. Men who hit women usually have a problem with women, as well as anger. With a mother like his--easy to believe.

Trump might win more votes in Iowa, but this association with Sarah "the eternal victim" Palin is a very very bad gamble--she's extremely unpopular with the majority of the country, and moderate republicans hate her and still have nightmares about her. Stating on national tv that he is going to give her an admin appointment is plain stupid. Establishment GOP must be horrified to have her back in their orbit. It also shows bad and short-sighted judgment. Ok for Iowa--then what?

Reminiscent of when he bought the Taj without thinking it through, resulting in multiple bankruptcies. Palin is his next bankruptcy.

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
A rumor by the left and to them a rumor is gospel truth.
Media hearsay:

He was an oxy addict.

He was a drunk.

He never held a job.

Some of it is National Enquirer stuff which is an equal opportunity basher.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:37 PM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
What happened to the Party of Personal Responsibility?

Old 01-20-2016, 05:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Are each of those funding bills, stand alone bills, or are they part of spending bills where dems amended and tacked on non-veteran related funding to get funding "under the radar" and if the bills failed, blame the GOP for "voting against veterans"?
Don't let me get in the way of your speculating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You do know how the game is played, right?
I'm posting in P&OC.

So... yeah.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There have been veterans returning from wars under every president, if she felt her son wasn't getting respect now she hasn't been paying attention to the president, charities and various government officials. Her statements cheapen a serious issue, PTSD by making it political. If she thinks her son is being treated poorly now she should be glad this isn't the Vietnam era.

I know it's an election but these stupid statements are so divisive and counter productive, every day it's like can you top this.
We have a president that is coddling the muslims... go fight a war in the middle east, then see when the president wants to bring in man from the hotbed of terrorism.. one sick world this is..the enemy isn't even defined by Obama.. like fighting for nothing.. to fight the war against terrorism over there,, getting maimed , killed , and then make it so they have 150 billion dollars to train more terrorists from a country that wants to destroy us.. better think deeper without listening to Obama and his smooth talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies