Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
From my observations, there is a growing class of young men who are completely lost in modern America. So many are unemployable, unmotivated, single (and wish they had a girlfriend), etcetera. Women, on the other hand, seem to be doing well.

What will be the result of this? Are we going to have to build more prisons and find reasons to lock away the growing underclass of men?
Today, in the US alone, tens upon tens of millions of men are paying child support to women. Why? Because women don't want men. Instead, women want the government to forcefully transfer men's wealth to woman through all forms of gimmies for women. Alimony and child support are two fundamental ways but far from being the primary ways. Women are the apex predators and parasites of the West.

When an unmarried woman has a child, she automatically qualifies for free college tuition to any college in the world. Why do you think so many woman have children out of wedlock and why so many more women are in college than men? You qualify for free college tuition under many circumstances just for not being male + being a minority. Since males pay the majority of taxes, guess who's footing the bill?

My hand, imagination and a bit of lubricant are far more powerful than any woman's sexual hold over me. Women are without merit in terms of sex. They're without merit in terms of value.

Untold billions are transferred from men to woman every single year, either through their taxes, child support and/or alimony.

Males pay the vast majority of taxes yet qualify for the fewest benefits derived from those taxes. Untold hundreds of thousands of men's lives are destroyed by the government & women every single year through marriage and divorce alone.

The MGTOW mindset is a blessing to all men. MGTOW seek to free men from the horrific brainwashing of white knightism and gynocentrism. Women with power will always seek to destroy men and lock them under gynocentric power. White knights will always kiss the ass of gynocentrists.

If the collective world's mouth were on fire, I wouldn't **** in it to put it out. Men are the slaves of the West. Sex and relationships with women are detrimental to men's happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 09:05 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Women are expected to compete, at least initially. When's the last time you saw a young woman finish college and immediately become a stay at home wife or parent? I wouldn't blink if my daughter married a well educated, hard working guy who then became a stay at home parent. I would not be pleased if she chose a guy who never held a job and lived in his mom's basement. The first guy could jump back into the job market if needed. The second not so much.

How about dropped out of college to become a SAHM? I have one of those living in my house right now. (and I'm not happy about it. I expected my girls to get an education regardless of what they chose to do after they had kids.)

You're correct that I don't see college grads immediately becoming SAHM's but I see plenty of women who never went to college or who quit do so. Those who finish probably want to use the degree they worked so hard for. I also see a considerable number of educated women opting out of the work force after they have kids.

You hit the nail on the head. Guys who never held jobs who SAH would be looked down upon while women who do this are not. A guy who left a career to SAH is viewed differently than a guy who never had a career who SAH. The latter is seen as a leach. A guy who cannot/does not compete isn't likely to land a woman who is capable of and willing to support him anyway. Successful women usually opt to marry successful men so do women who want to SAH. I'd hazard a guess that pickings are slim for guys who cannot/don't want to compete.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The above changes were long past due, and terrific.

I have to agree. Success should be won not just handed to you because of your gender regardless of what gender you are. It's hard to take when you're not as successful as you'd like to be but there comes a point where you just have to accept that you didn't make the cut. Take me. I survived 6 rounds of lay offs but was cut in the 7th. 7th or 1st it made no difference. My career was over. Some days that's a hard pill to swallow because of the work I put in to get my degrees but it is what it is and there's nothing to do but accept it. I'm too old to go back to school and being over 50 I have more of a chance of being abducted by aliens than landing an engineering job again. I guess I'm stuck in teaching. At least I have a job. The pay sucks but it's better than nothing.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Whoever repped me with LOL What a load of crap. thanks for the rep.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
From my observations, there is a growing class of young men who are completely lost in modern America. So many are unemployable, unmotivated, single (and wish they had a girlfriend), etcetera. Women, on the other hand, seem to be doing well.

What will be the result of this? Are we going to have to build more prisons and find reasons to lock away the growing underclass of men?
Women, through their women first mentality, and thanks to the idiocy of the ignorant white knights that support them, will cause a global breakdown of human civilization.

If women weren't such self-absorbed, narcissistic, anti-male sexist parasites, it wouldn't have had to end this way.

And there you have it. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by FoolMe1ce; 01-23-2016 at 09:49 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 09:57 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm too old to go back to school and being over 50 I have more of a chance of being abducted by aliens than landing an engineering job again. .
Why? My cousin got hired as an engineer at 56. 3 others in the family obtained new professional jobs after age 50.

With unemployment down, employers cannot afford to quickly eliminate those with relevant skills.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Why? My cousin got hired as an engineer at 56. 3 others in the family obtained new professional jobs after age 50.

With unemployment down, employers cannot afford to quickly eliminate those with relevant skills.

I spent 7 years looking for an engineering job. Perhaps it's geographic but you're not getting hired here if you're over 50 unless you have some special skill that is in high demand. I was downsized out of engineering in 2007. I gave up looking in 2014. I know my age is an issue as companies here want young new grads when they're willing to train and I suspect having been downsized out is also an issue. I think we're viewed as another company's trash. That's not true for most of us. Had the economy not tanked I'd still be working for the company I was with as would hundreds of other engineers.

Unemployment is only down because of retirees and people who have given up looking. The market still sucks if you're trying to find work. Even new grads in engineering are having trouble finding work. 4 out of 5 engineering positions here that are posted (companies who like young new grads don't post they just go to college recruiting) are for systems engineers. I'm a chemical engineer. I rarely see postings for chemical engineers and when I do they want a PhD. I only have a masters.

Can I ask where your cousin was hired at 56 and what skills he had to get the job? How long had he been out of engineering when he found it? I'm dealing with a triple whammy. My age, having been thrown out by one company and having been out of the game for too long. I'm not sure which of the three are worse but I'll believe that there is an engineering shortage when people like me can find jobs.

At 57, going back to school isn't worth it. I'd never recoup what I'd pay in tuition before I retire. I'm already on the losing end of a masters in engineering and a masters in teaching. Neither degree paid for itself. I needed about 5 more years in engineering for the investment to pay off. Teaching never will but at least I have a job. It could be much worse. I know one engineer who is several years younger than me who has only managed to work 18 months in the last 9 years since being downsized out. The other engineers I know who were downsized out have gone on to do other things. Two went into teaching as did I, one teaches flying, one opened his own motorcycle dealership and one gets called back to do her old job as a temp about 4 times a year for 10 times the pay so she's not looking for anything. We all laugh at that one. It would have been cheaper to keep her but she's not complaining. She's making bank and has lots of time off to enjoy it.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 01-23-2016 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I spent 7 years looking for an engineering job. Perhaps it's geographic but you're not getting hired here if you're over 50 unless you have some special skill that is in high demand. I was downsized out of engineering in 2007. I gave up looking in 2014. I know my age is an issue as companies here want young new grads when they're willing to train and I suspect having been downsized out is also an issue. I think we're viewed as another company's trash. That's not true for most of us. Had the economy not tanked I'd still be working for the company I was with as would hundreds of other engineers.

Unemployment is only down because of retirees and people who have given up looking. The market still sucks if you're trying to find work. Even new grads in engineering are having trouble finding work. 4 out of 5 engineering positions here that are posted (companies who like young new grads don't post they just go to college recruiting) are for systems engineers. I'm a chemical engineer. I rarely see postings for chemical engineers and when I do they want a PhD. I only have a masters.

Can I ask where your cousin was hired at 56 and what skills he had to get the job?

Fairfield County, Ct and he was functionally a design engineer. He had a Bachelor's degree from a decent college, and, of course, decades of experience. It took him 9 months after a layoff to get hired again.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Fairfield County, Ct and he was functionally a design engineer. He had a Bachelor's degree from a decent college, and, of course, decades of experience. It took him 9 months after a layoff to get hired again.

I'd consider him lucky. I know engineers with more to offer who never did get back into engineering after being downsized out. There wasn't a design engineering job to be had here for years after the downsizings (I was a test engineer and there were even less test engineering jobs since manufacturing had moved over seas) It's only been in the last couple of years that they started hiring new grads again. I don't know a single engineer who was downsized out prior to 2008 who found work in engineering. I only know what happened to 7 of us including myself. I did have one job offer a few months after I was downsized out but it was at less than half my old salary (they offered me $36k. I had been making $100k once my bonus was factored in) and would have required me to move to Tennessee. At the time I thought that was a bad offer. Had I known it would be my only offer I might have taken it and worked my way up in a new company. I went into teaching instead which has turned out to be following one bad decision (the decision not to take that job in Tennessee) with another as teacher wages and benefits are under attack so I'll never make a livable wage as a teacher but it's better than the alternative. I'd love to get back into engineering but I don't see that happening. With only 10 years go to until retirement I can't see going back to school to start something new.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 01-23-2016 at 10:38 PM..

Old 01-23-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'd consider him lucky. I know engineers with more to offer who never did get back into engineering after being downsized out. There wasn't a design engineering job to be had here for years after the downsizings. It's only been in the last couple of years that they started hiring new grads again.

Where are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies