Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:06 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I'm arguing that North Dakota wasn't even an option to begin with for refugees to come here in the first place. North Dakota was never considered for the most recent wave of refugees per the federal government and Lutheran Social Services who runs the refugee program here. So claiming that the state was trying to get refugees is false and claiming that citizens protesting or states refusing new refugees is completely irrelevant. It was never an option here to begin with.
I didn't say most recent wave. It's been happening quietly over the past 35 years, with a plan for more. That is the point of this entire thread. This is their plan, the political climate and the recent attacks in Paris have changed things some for the time being, but if we get another politician in there, esp one who hasn't spoken against this, I believe it will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 03:27 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I didn't say most recent wave. It's been happening quietly over the past 35 years, with a plan for more. That is the point of this entire thread. This is their plan, the political climate and the recent attacks in Paris have changed things some for the time being, but if we get another politician in there, esp one who hasn't spoken against this, I believe it will continue.
I tend to agree. With the seer number of these "refugees" and Europe accepting so may, regardless of all the problems, the US is being heavily pressured to stay bringing in large numbers, because the world feels we owe them something. The US has done this to themselves because of the billions of dollars we spend on forien aid, and the whole "melting pot" stigma. It has the world thinking we have gobs of room, and resources to afford on such things. In addition to the fact they seem to think our entire population is going to welcome a flood of ME "refugees" with open arms.

As if we ALL think lime bleeding heart, leftist, appeasers, who are concerned about how the world views us, and are willing to compromise our entire culture and life style just to look like the "good guys". Or that the American citizenry feels some kind of guilt over what our government has done to bugger things up, and that the whole "refugee business is all our doing. Its messed up, that it takes things getting to the point it is, before the majority actually speaks up, and makes DC think twice, before just opening the floodgates. Doing so will cause huge issues, making Europe look small, in comparison.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:29 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
There's only one place that helps refugees in North Dakota, that is Lutheran Social Services and they've already clearly stated that the federal government has not contacted them to help resettle any current Syrian refugees. They've released this statement multiple times over the last several months. This piece reads more like fear mongering based on rumors.

Not yet.

Watch the money on these groups that reap it in in such cases, it's big.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 01-31-2016 at 03:38 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 03:34 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
I am not sure how a state or city can stop anybody from moving in. People may not even find out. They are probably legal residence by now and have money from somewhere (may be the Feds themselves). They'll just go online, find an apt., pay and move in. How does a protest stop this?

Old 01-31-2016, 03:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Our POS Dear Leader should put them up at his place.

Obamas may be buying 'Magnum, P.I.' home in Hawaii - POLITICO

Then maybe he can let his daughters chat up a few of the single male peaceful Moslems.

In the spirit of giving and all that.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:56 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Governors and states representatives may be against the influx of refugees, but the Federal government has more authority regarding the resettlement of Syrian immigrants.
Isn't this the problem we are facing in every area of life in America today (not just the refugee issue). The Federal government seems to imagine the rest of us are theirs to do with as they wish. -- and they have the laws and executive orders to prove it!

The 'Elections' thread was the right place for this thread in the first place. That's the whole issue of the overwhelming Trump support. Americans are sick and tired of the 'political elite' class mentality.

Unfortunately, the short memories and desire for 'expensive freebies' of far too many voters, seems to be a greater force then their anger over the corruption and incompetence in Washington.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:02 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Our POS Dear Leader should put them up at his place.

Obamas may be buying 'Magnum, P.I.' home in Hawaii - POLITICO

Then maybe he can let his daughters chat up a few of the single male peaceful Moslems.
Would love to see the Obama girls in a full Saudi style Burka

Old 01-31-2016, 04:12 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Well, it seems to me that out west, undesireables might want to go elsewhere. There are a lot of open mine shafts in the desert and one needs to tread carefully least they fall into one.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:19 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Send all the Jihadists to liberal-only areas.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:42 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Send all the Jihadists to liberal-only areas.
That would seem like a fair compromise. They already are rushing into Liberal Germany and we see whats happening there. Good job Germany, the Liberals in the US are right behind you. They seem to switch back and forth between saying that you deserve the ugliness that you are getting, and what a great Liberal country you are. Silly Liberals think they can have it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies