Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:08 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times

Advertisements

What if they can't tell what gender the person is? Is it politically correct or politically incorrect to ask the person, "Are you a He, She, or Neither"? In my experience, sometimes that assessment of gender isn't at all obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
This is why I prefer staring intently at my phone. I'm polite and considerate to everyone I meet, but not verbal at all. Avoid making eye contact with any of the top 5 on the perpetually aggrieved totem pole and you might make it out alive. Don't talk to strangers....ever.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
These morons in NYC can't keep the subways safe but damn, they'll make sure trannies don't have their feelings hurt.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
soon their will be a mass exodus of people leaving new York..

Old 02-04-2016, 10:26 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Don't they have more urgent problems to solve, like excessive rents and the resulting gentrification...

Old 02-04-2016, 10:34 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is where the Democrat left's political correctness agenda exits the realm of the absurd and enters the realm of the impossible. Surely this will escalate to the Supreme Court court quickly and hopefully they will straighten this out. What is at stake is the ability of the Democrats to eventually impose their Orwellian speech and behavior codes on every member of our society.

And while I say Orwellian, I am not sure that even gets us all the way to this, because as far as I can recall, there was nothing quite as far-fetched as this latest development of the PC movement in "1984".

Of course this is just New York City and right now the issues are limited to gender identification issues. But of course if they can prescribe speech codes around this, they can do it around pretty much everything, which we all know they will if allowed to do so. This is what will be at stake when the Supreme Court hears this, which I hope will be soon.

I would suggest that George Orwell would be proud, but I honestly do not believe that he would be. Instead, I think he would be shocked, frightened and dismayed, as he envisioned how this would unfold into every nook and cranny of our society, if allowed to proceed unchecked. The Democrats are trying to take us to a horribly oppressive place with all this stuff, and we are entering the stage where it is not hypothetical anymore.

Surely this is going to be stopped. It is, isn't it? Truly surreal.
"This is where the Democrat left's political correctness agenda exits the realm of the absurd and enters the realm of the impossible"

Haven't many of us been saying for years, "Give them an inch and they will take a mile"?

Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Am I awake yet? Or is this a really lucid nightmare?

Old 02-04-2016, 12:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
This is a result of the government who pushes revolution on the people. The direct result is a division of the people and the inevitable revolt by those opposed. It is a complete failure to recognize or interpret the Constitution and defend it required by the oath of office. Government should not be in the business of creating revolution to bring about change or incite violence in a peaceful population. This kind of top down revolution has an agenda to be destructive to civilization and promote unrest. Government should respond to a revolution not create it.

A bottom up revolution where a large segment of society decides that a change is necessary, to the benefit of the population, and the nation, is one that the government should respond to. The civil rights movement was such a movement where those at the bottom had reached a limit of what they could accept, demanded change, and the government had to act.

Of course no one is going to take to the streets with pitch forks on this issue but keep bring and pushing nonsense on the people and you will get to that point. There is a limit. History of civil unrest has many examples of ignorance among those who rule unwisely.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
soon their will be a mass exodus of people leaving new York..
Nope. There are plenty of friggin ******* idiots that love this kind of crap.

"de Blasio"

Old 02-04-2016, 12:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
These morons in NYC can't keep the subways safe but damn, they'll make sure trannies don't have their feelings hurt.

at least one can pee in the streets!! gota love new York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies