Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 05:48 PM

548 posts, read 473,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Friend or no, we have our differences, no doubt, and also no doubt this "knowledge" is somewhat select, as it appears we have already come to a stall with just question #1.

Two very different takes on Shamir as early Zionist leader, okay. We'll leave that be regardless he was also later PM of Israel despite that history, fine.

However, I can just as strongly assure you that you have demonstrated no such qualification to comment with intelligence or knowledge. Just more childish casting of stones that hardly deserve notice other than as you continue to insist with no decipherable intent other than to pester. Lots of people post in these threads with nothing more to contribute than that. Go ahead if that's your thing, or...

Why don't you try something new as well? Why don't you go ahead and answer this question for example?

1) What did Zionist leaders first do in order to establish support for the creation of Israel?
I told you already I wasn't going to get into a discourse with such an obvious anti Jewish and hateful outlook.

I'm just here to enjoy your ridiculous comments.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:05 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
A Chinese person with the same or better intellectual skills than me, who speaks Chinese fluently and lived in China many years - will know much better than me and you about China. I think it's obvious.
Again I disagree, entirely.

You need to seriously reconsider all involved/required to better understand what makes for objective critical thinking, reason and logic that leads to sound conclusions and decision making.

Consider this..., most civilians born and raised in countries like China, the Middle East, even in America have no real understanding of politics. Do you wish to deny this obvious fact as well?

As Trump continues to win the "hearts and minds" of Americans..., you want to deny this fact?

Think about it...

Old 03-16-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
I told you already I wasn't going to get into a discourse with such an obvious anti Jewish and hateful outlook.

I'm just here to enjoy your ridiculous comments.
Enjoy yourself as you will, fully, but need you comment your silly comments in the meantime? There are some adults trying to exchange opinion here...

Old 03-16-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Theodore Herzel (the founder of the Zionist movement) met with the turkish sultan and with the German king. The sultan allowed Jews to come to Eretz Israel.
Haim Veizman (a very important leader) got the famous Balfur declaration from the British foreign minister, to establish a Jewish homeland in Eretz Israel.
Ben Gurion worked with Roosevelt, Truman and Stalin to get their support. He was able to convince Stalin and to get the famous Gromiko speech in the UN at 1947, and their support for the division of "Palestine" at 11/29/1947.
Those are the most important.
Yes, thank you. Progress, but dinner time here...

I look forward to picking up on this tomorrow. Thanks again.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Quote:
Again I disagree, entirely.

You need to seriously reconsider all involved/required to better understand what makes for objective critical thinking, reason and logic that leads to sound conclusions and decision making.

Consider this..., most civilians born and raised in countries like China, the Middle East, even in America have no real understanding of politics. Do you wish to deny this obvious fact as well?

As Trump continues to win the "hearts and minds" of Americans..., you want to deny this fact?

Think about it...
I think you missed that part: "With the same or better intellectual skills than me".

Old 03-16-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Enjoy yourself as you will, fully, but need you comment your silly comments in the meantime? There are some adults trying to exchange opinion here...
If that's what you think this forum is about you haven't explored it much.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I think you missed that part: "With the same or better intellectual skills than me".
Well I would say education and subject area of study would also be important. An electrical engineer would most likely be much less useful than a history/poli sci professor.

However your point is still 100% correct. Especially when it comes to current events someone that lives in a country, speaks the language and interacts with the population will have a much better grasp on the political climate and cultural issues of that country than a random hobbyist in a completely different country that can't even speak the language much less been to the place. To think otherwise is completely asinine.

Old 03-17-2016, 07:39 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
I ask you, is your statement here opinion or fact?

And more with regard to your M.O., do you not see how you dodge and weave from one point to another without any reflection whatsoever?

First you complained about expressing my opinion when I have no connection to the region as far as you are concerned.

I address that ridiculous notion only to have you ignore my answer and instead move on to the equally ridiculous claim that AIPAC is no different than any other lobby.

To you and all the rest who seem to have this very interesting perspective (supposedly free of bias), is there any sense of purpose or progress when it comes to this effort of exchanging these opinions?

I am at a loss to justify my time or effort.

I might as well be trying to change the spots on a dog...
If AIPAC is oh so powerful, then why has U.S policy been negative towards Israel?

Anyway, Israel will not cede to the 1967 borders.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
If AIPAC is oh so powerful, then why has U.S policy been negative towards Israel?

Anyway, Israel will not cede to the 1967 borders.
After we expect the Palestinians to ignore the connection between Shamir the leader of Lehi and Shamir the PM of Israel, perhaps we are also asked to believe that "U.S. policy has been negative towards Israel?"

"The main expression of Congressional support for Israel has been foreign aid. Since 1985, it has provided nearly $3 billion in grants annually to Israel, with Israel being the largest annual recipient of American aid from 1976 to 2004 and the largest cumulative recipient of aid ($121 billion, not inflation-adjusted) since World War II. Seventy-four percent of these funds must be spent purchasing US goods and services. More recently, in fiscal year 2014, the US provided $3.9 billion in foreign military aid to Israel. Israel also benefits from about $8 billion of loan guarantees.

Congress has monitored the aid issue closely along with other issues in bilateral relations, and its concerns have affected Administrations' policies. Almost all US aid to Israel is now in the form of military assistance, while in the past it also received significant economic assistance. Strong congressional support for Israel has resulted in Israel receiving benefits not available to other countries.

In addition to financial and military aid, the United States also provides political support to Israel, having used its United Nations Security Council veto power 42 times with respect to resolutions relating to Israel, out of a total 83 times in which its veto has ever been used. Between 1991 and 2011, 15 vetos were used to protect Israel out of 24 in total.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...ates_relations

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, and the truth."

Old 03-17-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
If we can agree that critical thinking skills are most important, and if we all understand that critical thinking is the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment, then a very important factor toward drawing correct conclusion is objectivity. If you do have above average intellectual skills, then you know how objectivity can be undermined by someone personally influenced and/or affected by local up bringing, heritage, religion, language and culture.

Yes, of course someone immersed in a culture will know more about the ways of that culture than someone foreign to that culture, but whether that person has critical thinking skills and/or what that person knows of history or politics beyond what their culture has exposed to them determines the ability to be objective.

In fact, the closer the ties to ones culture and heritage, it can be argued the less likely objective thinking is possible (and why I feel strongly the Israelis and Palestinians need outside influence to further peace negotiations between them).

I am surprised I need explain this as well, but no doubt even two very knowledgeable well-educated people from the same country can strongly disagree about even the most fundamental basics. This is why there are Jews who are not pro-Zionist, and why we have Americans who are strongly pro-Trump or strongly anti-Trump.

Regardless whether they have the "same or better intellectual skills" than you or me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies