Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
ISIS would have existed regardless.
Not in Iraq they wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,280,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
ISIS would have existed regardless. Gotta love how you give zero blame to Obama who tried to write them off as thug group just to save face on his failure against terrorism. Eight years in, and you guys still don't think Obama should take responsibility. Always Bush's fault.
I doubt Saddam Hussein would have let ISIS grow to the extent it has and set up bases throughout the country. But even if they had grown, I'd rather have him and other Middle Eastern countries fighting with ISIS than putting US troops there to do it.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:54 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You just haven't been paying attention. He decided not to comment on politics after he left office. I have seen many reports about things like his painting, and his work with veteran's groups. He is an avid biker.
He's also done a lot of work with hospitals in Africa.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:03 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Me neither. It's been 7 years since this man left the highest office in the land, and he has made hardly any public appearances. In fact, you can count on one hand how many times he has been seen, and heard, in public.

I find this strange because he was practically worshipped by Republicans for 8 years, his deep Christian faith, his hawkish military adventurism in Iraq, and his defense of traditional marriage had the entire conservative base in the U.S. practically swoon on his every spoken word.

Now all you hear is the sound of crickets. Why is he not out firing up the base on behalf of his brother's flagging aspirations for President? Very, very strange that a man who once had rock star status with the conservative base is now completely forgotten.

Why is this?
Who cares?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Who cares?
I would think a fanboy like yourself would be wondering the same thing, guess not.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:53 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I doubt Saddam Hussein would have let ISIS grow to the extent it has and set up bases throughout the country. But even if they had grown, I'd rather have him and other Middle Eastern countries fighting with ISIS than putting US troops there to do it.
I've heard it said, if we weren't there, they'd be here. Don't know if that is true, but it's a thought ...

As the events of 9/11 unfolded on the screen of the t.v. set in our conference room at work a coworker next to me said, 'some one is trying to pi$$ us off'.

idk, if they weren't trying to, looks like they did a pretty good job of it none-the-less; for sure they got our attention. If I had been President, I would have wanted some one's head on a stick. Shoot, I'm not President and I wanted someone's head on a stick. However, I knew then, war, the people would be upset. No war, the people would say the President is a coward.

3000 people died whose only crime was going to work that day. I got angry and I am still angry. The shock and horror of it all, I've yet to get over it; don't suspect I ever will.

With that said, our ROE holds back progress in this situation and if we weren't there, could be they'd be back so as to poke the sleeping bear and engage the U.S. in what seems to be an endless confrontation. (an over 3000 year dispute over governmental ideas)

Saddam Hussein said in a last interview (read the script) with the FBI, that he never did have WMD, he only said he did, so as he didn't appear weak. That kind (show) of weakness is detrimental in keeping one's country safe from being taken over. So he lied ...

There is no wrong way. There is no right way. There is but, a way. It needs to be found, less we wind up, not looking for George W. Bush in public sightings, but look at a strange flag on the lawn of the White House.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
He has recently shown up to help his baby brother Jebby. From what I understand, he's tied for last place in SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies