Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 01:37 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a longtime.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/people-b...160055293.html

Well... on the one hand BLM/Black Panthers are controversial. I have my own opinions but I would never go as far as to say anyone and everyone who supports BLM/Black Panthers is calling for attacks on the police. I thought that comment by Giuliani was ridiculous and hypocritical since in the same breath he advocated for supporting the police effectively blindly and trusting them to "work on it" when things go wrong. Please. I'm white privilege walking and even I don't buy that. BLM/Black Panthers among other things were exercising a very fundamental right to petition that far outweighs the interest of supporting the police to act with impunity. I have problems with some of the methods, particularly with the Black Panthers. Some of what they did was downright heinous. They did also exercise that right to petition, however, which IS the civil rights movement. I think that's much more what Beyonce was alluding to than let's go kill us some pigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 04:06 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Red Lobster biscuits are probably laced with meth to make them ridiculously addictive. The best biscuits of any chain restaurant. Good stuff!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
In this analysis of the video, the author explains how the concept of rewarding the male for his prowess is a form of resistance to the accepted standard that women are rewarded for their sexuality. Your initial reaction is, it sounds disgusting for a woman to say this about her man, the next step should be to acknowledge that it is also disgusting for a man to say the the same thing about a woman and instead of shrugging it off as "that's the way it is" move on to realizing that change is needed and starting to work towards that change.
I don't agree with men who think this either. I really don't get the whole attitude that men have always treated women this way so lets turn the tables. The only way to make a change is to change the attitude within ones self......seems Beyoncé has gotten more angry as she has gotten richer. I never saw this from women like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Cher or Patti LaBelle......make music, not political statements at a family event. After all, when Cher came out in fishnet stockings, it had nothing to do with hating on men!

From your explanation in the link, seems to tell us she may have been speaking to the men playing football.......now I really don't get why this would help the cause of BLM.....

Old 02-19-2016, 04:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Have you ever seen me post anything good about the nation of islam ?
I thought her message was about bringing awareness to "poor people?"

Old 02-19-2016, 06:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Chick Fil a donated to multiple hate groups, some of which work to push legislation to make homosexuality illegal, and some of those groups have donated to international hate groups that outright try to kill gay people.

What a crock of baloney which, even if it had happened, wasn't even the reason for the boycott. Let's rehash it: the CEO (like Barilla's) was snookered by a mean-spirited "reporter," who then cried anti-gay and got the bandwagon puppets to boycott.

Good try, though.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I wonder how many women eating at Red Lobster with their man can say; "When he f*ck me good I take his a**to Red Lobster, cause I slay"

Do women who listen to her music like for men to think this of them I am old school, this sounds rather disgusting.......and very diva!

Beyoncé is trash with money.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:54 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,788,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I don't agree with men who think this either. I really don't get the whole attitude that men have always treated women this way so lets turn the tables. The only way to make a change is to change the attitude within ones self......seems Beyoncé has gotten more angry as she has gotten richer. I never saw this from women like Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Cher or Patti LaBelle......make music, not political statements at a family event. After all, when Cher came out in fishnet stockings, it had nothing to do with hating on men!

From your explanation in the link, seems to tell us she may have been speaking to the men playing football.......now I really don't get why this would help the cause of BLM.....
The problem that Beyonce exposes with the Red Lobster is that it "shocking" when a woman appears to be proud to reward good sex. It's the awareness that is the thing to focus on, it's not about turning the tables as much as it is about realizing that our casual acceptance of when men say the same thing is the problem. It starts the dialogue and that is where the change starts, notice how in this exchange we have already reached a common ground and both agree that there is an attitude that needs to be changed. Contrast that with someone just attacking your acceptance of a belief, we are put on the defensive and a less likely to want to question your own views.

I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that Beyonce has gotten angry or that she hates men. What most people have failed to understand about this video and song is that it address several issues and there are even some critiques of black culture but it has all gotten lost due to what amounts to about 15 seconds of the video. I have read several critiques of the history and meaning behind the images in the video and I have to say that I was quite impressed about what it is presenting. Regardless of how you feel about this issue Beyonce pretty much addressed the controversy at the end of the song when she says

Quote:
You know you that *itch when you cause all this conversation
Always stay gracious, best revenge is your paper

Old 02-19-2016, 07:58 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Chick Fil a donated to multiple hate groups, some of which work to push legislation to make homosexuality illegal, and some of those groups have donated to international hate groups that outright try to kill gay people.
stop smoking what you're smoking, they have the right to donate to who they want to donate to and no one would care if you boycotted them

Old 02-19-2016, 08:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a longtime.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/people-b...160055293.html
Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott Beyonce?

[]

Old 02-19-2016, 08:03 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I wish we had a good Red Lobster in our town. The only one here is in the Ghetto part and the whole place sucks. I have eaten at some great RL, but this ain't one of them.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies