Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 07:37 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times

Advertisements

Gaza: Palestinian spiritual leader gives TV tips on 'how best to beat your wife'

so peaceful

"Gaza's most eminent spiritual guide has given an extraordinary interview on a TV show produced by the Palestinian Authority (PA), in which he explains that wife-beating can help bring couples together, so long as the wife "is not made ugly or her bones broken" as a result of the beating. Hassan Al-Laham, who is the Mufti of Gaza, made the comments in an interview broadcast on PA TV, which is broadcast across the Arab world."

it's good to know they must stop short of making her ugly. Gotta love those morals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 07:43 AM

16,918 posts, read 10,665,915 times
"Hitting is a kind reminder of love and friendship." What a great religion the progressives want to bring to America.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:44 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,572,789 times
lets hear again how compatible this ideology/practice is with western culture.

I'm sure the usual apologists will bring up domestic violence stats in the US. as if it were somehow in the same universe of an equal comparison.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:45 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,086,442 times
Leftists will be along shortly to let us know it's okay, because of something some Christian or Jew did.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:48 AM

2,683 posts, read 2,196,569 times
I have yet to hear a Muslim woman give an interview in which she says she is ok with being beaten because its officially approved.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,997,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I have yet to hear a Muslim woman give an interview in which she says she is ok with being beaten because its officially approved.
Would she survive if she said anything? Do women have the right to be interviewed and to say anything other than showing this to be a religion of LOVE......and still be able to live among the culture?

Old 02-19-2016, 11:41 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,779,318 times
It says in the Quran "not to beat your wife with anything more than a blade of grass" hm bamboo is classified as a grass and can grow 3 feet a day and reach a height of 80 feet!!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 09:01 AM

2,683 posts, read 2,196,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would she survive if she said anything? Do women have the right to be interviewed and to say anything other than showing this to be a religion of LOVE......and still be able to live among the culture?

I seem to recall only one instance in which a Muslim/Middle Eastern woman wrote a book defending her faith (the title of the book or name of author escapes me). She talked about how she felt "safer" under the rules of her faith. Reminded of an interview I once heard with an American woman that had been physically abused by a violent husband -- she had chosen a man she knew to have violent tendencies because she believed he would protect her from other violent men. It completely escaped her that she had put herself in the lion's den.

Generally, it seems that in conservative Middle Eastern countries, womens' opinions aren't given intellectual respect, period. The religious rules affecting their gender take precedence over any personal abilities or accomplishments. I also recall reading about a Middle Eastern woman physician who couldn't leave the house without being accompanied by a male relative. I have to say tho, given what has been coming out in the media about behavior of men in conservative Middle Eastern countries (and now in Europe), I now understand why being accompanied in public is necessary.

Its sad when a society marginalizes half of its population. And that is about the most generous way to describe it -- abuse and oppression are probably more accurate descriptions of what happens to women in these societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies