Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Companies have to interview every American candidate before hiring H1B Visa worker for position?
Yes 25 60.98%
No 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,758,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is why companies are not lining up to hire today's Snowflakes.

The Snowflakes are in favor of "increase the costs for companies" and "more government control of the corporate sector". Why would they want to hire somebody who is against their company?

Add to that - they just don't have enough "safe spaces" for the delicate Snowflakes.
U.S. Immigration policy is not "the corporate sector."

The fact that some of y'all can't tell the difference is exactly the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No
All these things are intended to ensure that we're not just bringing over the poorest, most desperate workers from the third-world. In a system like this we may actually attract the truly high-skilled candidates in places like Eastern Europe/Russia, Sweden, Germany, UK, Australia, Canada, NZ, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc., not just Indians who work for cheap.
In 1999, I watched my 10th grade Indian cousin do organic chemistry homework that most U.S. college graduates couldn't wrap their heads around...and that was normal coursework.

How many Americans speak more than one language and have the guts to try to navigate new cultures and systems for work? Naw, we just whine about how people who are better than us and are willing to work harder than us take our jobs.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:38 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
U.S. Immigration policy is not "the corporate sector."

The fact that some of y'all can't tell the difference is exactly the problem.
Are you purposely misunderstanding what he's saying or are you just too dense to get it? I don't know which 1 I'd rather admit to if I were you.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Are you purposely misunderstanding what he's saying or are you just too dense to get it? I don't know which 1 I'd rather admit to if I were you.
This is a discussion about not-finding qualified Americans, and resorting to foreign workers, who are available through work visas. That person said :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Snowflakes are in favor of "increase the costs for companies" and "more government control of the corporate sector".
Which means that Kibby thinks restricting work visas qualifies as "Government control of the corporate sector."

When, in fact, work visas are not the corporate sector, they have always been part of the government. The corporate sector does not and should not ever control immigration into the united states.

Last edited by le roi; 02-24-2016 at 05:39 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
In 1999, I watched my 10th grade Indian cousin do organic chemistry homework that most U.S. college graduates couldn't wrap their heads around...and that was normal coursework.
I've watched my American-born brother perform brain surgery, vertebrae fusions, etc., that most Indian college graduates cannot comprehend -- and that was normal coursework for neurosurgery.

I guess my anecdote means that Americans are all smarter than Indians. Right? I mean that seems to be what you were trying to say with your anecdote -- that Indians are smarter than Americans. Which, let's be real -- is THE singular cliche about Indians -- that they think they're smarter than everyone else.

If Indians were so smart, they'd be doing the work in India. And if they were so hard-working they'd have devised some method of treating their own feces, short of dumping it untreated into the ganges river along with their dead bodies. And they wouldn't all be so desperate to move to the United States in order to escape the society they've created.

Quote:
How many Americans speak more than one language and have the guts to try to navigate new cultures and systems for work? Naw, we just whine about how people who are better than us and are willing to work harder than us take our jobs.

Indians are not "taking american jobs" because they work harder. They take american jobs because they are willing to work more cheaply.

And they work more cheaply, because the visas that bring them over here are designed to ensure that they cannot negotiate higher wages.

Last edited by le roi; 02-24-2016 at 05:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies