Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:27 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
burdell;People can and do sue car manufacturers for many things that have nothing to do with manufacturing defects, lawyers go where the $$$ is, exactly what is happening here.
Sounds like the perfect system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 01:27 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
these parents lost their children, they can do what ever they want. when your kindergartener goes off to school one morning and is brutally gunned down and killed then you can judge if you think it's "wrong" or not.
I am not heartless and I feel for these people. But this makes no sense and if it proceeds it sets a dangerous precedent.

It makes about as much as much sense as suing the car mfg. he drove to get him to the school.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:29 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would say it's rather lightly regulated wouldn't you?
No, I wouldn't.

You don't have a shred of experience trying to buy a firearm or using one. yet you spew all sorts of opinions and present them as facts. Not very enlightened.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
If you watch the video, you learn that the parents are suing because the AR-15 is too effective at it's designated function: Killing people. Best solution: Post guards at the school and give them the AR-15's. If the AR-15 is such a great gun (and yes it's an excellent firearm actually), then having that on your side should be a pretty good deterrent to any would-be shooter.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Every American feels terrible for the Sandy Hook victims and their families. That's not the issue. The parents aren't suing Remington because Remington failed to express sufficient compassion. They're suing Remington because they want to hold Remington responsible for the massacre.

If some kid steals my car and runs over a 4 year old kid, I'd feel terrible about the tragedy. But the whole game changes if the parents want to sue or prosecute me for their child's death. I still feel terrible that the kid died, but I'm not about to pay a pile of money or go to jail for it.

Dollars to donuts those parents can find a lawyer who will file suit against the car manufacturer as well as you, deserved or not.

When Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks his response was "That's where the $$$ is", that same logic is often the cause of where law suits are directed.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:31 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You seriously believe such a cold-hearted scenario for people who lost their children is such a gruesome and senseless way? What has happened to compassion in people who support the NRA at all costs? You don't have to agree with their decision and right to sue but at the least you could do is have a heart enough to recognize the pain that is driving them to do it.

So because someone sees the money grab for what it is this makes them a "supporter of the NRA at all costs"? LOL.

REGARDLESS of the pain and anguish this family is suffering, the LAWYERS should know better, because it is an absurd and asinine place to lay blame, but obviously those lawyers are shameless money grabbers and attention seekers (like THAT is a revelation to anyone).

Old 02-22-2016, 01:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
So because someone sees the money grab for what it is this makes them a "supporter of the NRA at all costs"? LOL.

REGARDLESS of the pain and anguish this family is suffering, the LAWYERS should know better, because it is an absurd and asinine place to lay blame, but obviously those lawyers are shameless money grabbers and attention seekers (like THAT is a revelation to anyone).

THAT is the whole crux of the matter.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Sandy Hook parents suing Remington

Damn ridiculous! I hope they have to waste a lot of time and money and get nothing in return. This country is getting crazier by the day.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:39 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
I guess this opens the door to suing Islam for terrorism then.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:40 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Hopefully they will have to pay court costs. More than likely they are being funded by some anti-gun group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies