Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 12:21 PM

17,615 posts, read 13,410,543 times

Advertisements

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own.

Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 12:29 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,309,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Guess they weren't good men...

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/12-...litia-meeting/

Old 02-23-2016, 12:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,594,176 times
Quote:

Seriously, when the liberal don't give a crap about the constitution, would you think they would care about your quote from some gun nut?

Old 02-23-2016, 12:34 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
The fundamental problem with controlling firearms by law is the good men will obey and the bad men will not. I consider myself a moderately good man but I will never give up my guns because I may require them to defend myself, my family and other good people from the bad men.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The fundamental problem with controlling firearms by law is the good men will obey and the bad men will not. I consider myself a moderately good man but I will never give up my guns because I may require them to defend myself, my family and other good people from the bad men.
Paraphrasing Pulp Fiction?

Old 02-23-2016, 01:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,957,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Paraphrasing Pulp Fiction?
How popular do you think this movie would have been without the extreme violence and drugs? I don't think this movie speaks in any way about guns or gun rights God, but more about self-absorbed and Hollywood's unstable view of what guns are for.

Strange how Hollywood and those who like gun violence movies are the first to move in with something about God and guns.......really don't understand the mindset.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How popular do you think this movie would have been without the extreme violence and drugs? I don't think this movie speaks in any way about guns or gun rights God, but more about self-absorbed and Hollywood's unstable view of what guns are for.

Strange how Hollywood and those who like gun violence movies are the first to move in with something about God and guns.......really don't understand the mindset.
Know the context of the point, but hey, for effort.

If you analyzed the content beyond your glamorizing the violence you would get to this point;

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
I been saying that ... for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded ... to say to ... before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some ... this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 Millimeter here? He's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness.
Or it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that.
But that ... ain't the truth. The truth is…you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:41 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,285 times
Quote:
Something for you Anti-Gun people to think about
They haven't ever done any thinking before, I doubt quoting Cooper will make them start.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:54 PM

1,553 posts, read 927,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post

Murica...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies