Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 10:47 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times

Advertisements

Even Obama said, "British people have spoken, we respect their decision."

If majority of the people choose Clinton in Nov. I am sure OP would attack anybody who claim "many Americans didn't really know what they were voting for."

Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Just another version of the left's I'm smarter than you meme. How much more smug can the elites get?

The following is too funny.

Quote:
All it took to bring the idea of a Brexit to the mainstream was a wealthy, colorful, New York–born, media-savvy, purposefully outrageous, peculiarly coifed, self-aggrandizing, selectively conservative, populist politician named Boris Johnson.
As Rhett might have said in modern English...Get stuffed. Full quote follows.
Quote:
The first lesson Brexit has for anti-Trump America is that there's a potential majority out there that is angry, scared, and more than willing to jump into the abyss. Sober analysts and economists warned Britons repeatedly that pulling out of the EU would be an economic and security debacle. "They heard the warnings, listened to experts of every kind tell them that Brexit meant disaster, watched the prime minister as he urged them not to take a terrible risk," says Matthew d'Ancona at The Guardian. "And their answer was: Get stuffed."
Why Brexit should scare anti-Trump Americans

Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Talking of spelling, perhaps you need to learn to put "their right to leave" rather than "there"
Okay girl.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:52 AM

572 posts, read 280,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Even Obama said, "British people have spoken, we respect their decision."

If majority of the people choose Clinton in Nov. I am sure OP would attack anybody who claim "many Americans didn't really know what they were voting for."
They know exactly what they're voting for.
They're voting for Not-Trump.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STWR View Post
They know exactly what they're voting for.
They're voting for Not-Trump.
You missed the point. the point is respect what people are voting for. Don't be a sour loser. If people vote for Clinton, so be it, if people vote for trump, so be it. If Brits voted exiting EU, respect that. Don't insult people's intelligence, problem solved.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:56 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Yet the areas most affected by immigration voted Remain

Were the immigrants allowed to vote?

Old 06-24-2016, 10:59 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is a good window into what happens when ignorant people get caught up in a popular wave with little understanding of the long term ramifications. It's a wake up call to the U.S. currently in the grip of Trumpmania.
Well, without attaching your Google search results, what are the ramifications?

Old 06-24-2016, 11:00 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm continually astonished at the smugness of liberals, content in their knowledge they're smarter than anyone else. Do they really think the British didn't know what was going on?
Yes. We really think the British didn't totally understand the ramifications of Brexit. Just the same as the Trump Suckers don't understand the ramifications of building a 1738 mile wall between Mexico and America, our third largest trading partner. Just as Trump suckers don't understand the ramifications of banning all Muslims from the US and profiling and monitoring those already here. Just as the Trump Suckers don't understand the ramifications of restricting free trade with China and the rest of the developing world. Just the same as the Trump suckers don't understand that they are being conned by an expert con man who has nothing to sell except his persona. That bottle of colored water has nothing in it but colored water. There is no elixir.

Yes we really, really think that.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:00 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
It'd be funny if Parliament looked at the financial impact of Brexit and just went--"Oh my, no thank you, I think we'll stay." The results of the referendum itself aren't actually legally binding.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Although leaders of the campaign to exit Europe are crowing over their victory, it seems many Britons may not even know what they had actually voted for. At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches across the United Kingdom for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.

"Even though I voted to leave, this morning I woke up and I just - the reality did actually hit me," one woman told the news channel ITV News. "If I'd had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay."

British Googling 'What is the EU?' hours after voting to leave it - Winston-Salem Journal: Nation / World

I expect we'll hear a lot of this kind of regret going forward.
That's like the people who voted for Obama...there is no way back and regret is one thing but undoing it is not an option so I don't care if they knew or not and it actually makes them even more stupid!

If you watch Waters World you see a lot of stupid people who vote or agree with people while not having a clue.

It is actually funny to watch how stupid they are but very sad that these stupid people get to to vote for important things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies