Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

Wonder if he offered advice during the campaign

He didn't mention Clinton's scandals being part of why she lost either . Those played a very big role too .

Biden: Here's why Clinton lost - CNN Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:24 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Finally, someone who is telling the truth. Dems forgot the working class.

"We've got women, we've got minorities, we've got young people, we don't need you."

Old 04-01-2017, 10:25 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Wonder if he offered advice during the campaign

He didn't mention Clinton's scandals being part of why she lost either . Those played a very big role too .

Biden: Here's why Clinton lost - CNN Video
What scandals? The fake scandals raised by Trump and his Russian trolls?

Old 04-01-2017, 10:28 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,868,484 times
In her speeches I think she vaguely tried to relate to the middle classes (talking about her father's work, etc)... but it definitely wasn't her focus.

While I absolutely think it is important not to ignore minorities and younger voters, she definitely wasn't inclusive enough of the middle aged, middle and working classes.

It will be interesting to see if Biden runs in 2020... his age will likely be the biggest factor as to whether he does or not though.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Silly one! Her own damn emails revealed her intentions. Plus, you don't tell people you are putting them out of work and walk away thinking, yeah, I got their vote!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:57 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post

It will be interesting to see if Biden runs in 2020... his age will likely be the biggest factor as to whether he does or not though.
If Trump is still around and running in 2020, then Biden's age would be less of an issue because the choice would be old versus old. Well, that would be for the general election anyway. Still have to get past the primaries.

Biden is very fit. I assume he works out because it sure looks like it if you ever see photos of him when he's not wearing a jacket.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:59 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
In her speeches I think she vaguely tried to relate to the middle classes (talking about her father's work, etc)... but it definitely wasn't her focus.

While I absolutely think it is important not to ignore minorities and younger voters, she definitely wasn't inclusive enough of the middle aged, middle and working classes.

She didn't have a clue. Biden (& Hil's husband) have their negatives....but they are pros and they always "got it".

Most of the people in my peer group make between 80-140K per year. Most have kids in college or have kids who will be going to college. 30-40% of us either don't work for a company that provides health insurance or we're self employed....either way we have to provide our own.

100% of us saw our premiums double, the coverage (& service) get worse & the deductible jumped up (to unacceptable levels). My family's premium went from $800 per month to over $1500 per month. (the first two years of OCare)

We went from an almost upper middle class family to a lower middle class family with the stroke of a pen. (& we knew damn well that we were paying for the healthcare of others). Those that work for a company that furnished healthcare didn't see this (or didn't see as much of an impact). Then we find out our kids don't qualify for college grants (that others got) because our "Income is too high".

The anger felt toward Obama & the Democrats from most everyone I knew was absolute. The silliness expressed by many (transgendered bathrooms and possible p*ssy grabbing 20 years ago) p*ssed us off even more (towards the whiners, the democratic candidates and the Media) when contrasting these silly news items with my health insurance bill of 18K per year (which was more than my P&I mortgage payments). Hilary and Dems were absolutely clueless.

If Pee Wee Herman or Felix the Cat had told me that they was going to (try) to kill Obamacare & provide a middle class tax cut, I would have voted for either one of them over Hil or Barak.

....& they blame it on the Russians.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Benghazi. She lied to Americans and in the Congressional hearings about running guns which got 4 Americans killed. The dirty bigot tried to blame it on crazy Muslims reacting to a video.
She should be in jail.

It wasn't trolls that got Americans killed. It was her trying to influence leadership in a foreign country. Gee where has that ever gone bad before?

Wake up!

Old 04-01-2017, 11:36 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
Benghazi was so exaggerated.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:39 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
The fact that you think they were fake and dismiss them is part of why Clinton lost and why the dems will continue to be second place at a national level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies