Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 01:19 PM

34,014 posts, read 17,045,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
you realize that Trump won College Educated Whites? You also realize that pretty much everyone making under 20K a year voted Democrat like they always do? The only people who benefit from Democrat Politcies are people on Government Assistance. Not working Tax Payers
Point is 21st century Dems look down on working class whites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 01:25 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
She didn't have a clue. Biden (& Hil's husband) have their negatives....but they are pros and they always "got it".

Most of the people in my peer group make between 80-140K per year. Most have kids in college or have kids who will be going to college. 30-40% of us either don't work for a company that provides health insurance or we're self employed....either way we have to provide our own.

100% of us saw our premiums double, the coverage (& service) get worse & the deductible jumped up (to unacceptable levels). My family's premium went from $800 per month to over $1500 per month. (the first two years of OCare)

We went from an almost upper middle class family to a lower middle class family with the stroke of a pen. (& we knew damn well that we were paying for the healthcare of others). Those that work for a company that furnished healthcare didn't see this (or didn't see as much of an impact). Then we find out our kids don't qualify for college grants (that others got) because our "Income is too high".

The anger felt toward Obama & the Democrats from most everyone I knew was absolute. The silliness expressed by many (transgendered bathrooms and possible p*ssy grabbing 20 years ago) p*ssed us off even more (towards the whiners, the democratic candidates and the Media) when contrasting these silly news items with my health insurance bill of 18K per year (which was more than my P&I mortgage payments). Hilary and Dems were absolutely clueless.

If Pee Wee Herman or Felix the Cat had told me that they was going to (try) to kill Obamacare & provide a middle class tax cut, I would have voted for either one of them over Hil or Barak.

....& they blame it on the Russians.
What you fail to acknowledge is how fortunate you were that your family had healthcare and how tenuous that coverage actually was. If your wife or one of your children happened to have one unusual test result, their health insurance coverage would be gone, or they might be offered a plan that covers almost nothing at a premium that makes the highest O'care plan look like a damn bargain. I'm also self employed and that was my experience under the old system. My Physician even wrote a letter stating that I was in perfect health and there was no concern for my future but the insurance companies gave me the middle finger and refused to cover me, EVER! God forbid if I, or one of my family had actually be ill, I'd have lost everything and so would your family!

Old 04-01-2017, 04:41 PM

194 posts, read 281,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Point is 21st century Dems look down on working class whites

That is true. I think that Democrats are hostile to White People in general.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:45 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Hillary missed the working class and emphasized fringe groups too much. Too much emphasis on things that most Americans aren't that concerned about like transgenders and Muslim immigrants at the expense of the working class.
I agree and I am a leftie.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:49 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,748,520 times
Hillary will have another chance in 2020. But I really think Trump will be in for all 8 years.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:52 PM

30,351 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Biden is correct.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:55 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsgjdennis View Post
LOL! If you don't think CNN is Fake News you have a very misinformed view of the world.

No Biden would not have won! The Democrats have a serious structural problem caused by their reliance on Identiy Politcs. It's been getting worse every year since 2008. The fact is that White People don't vote Democrat anymroe. At least the ones who have any respect for themselves don't
I don't think CNN is as fake as The National Enquirer or other worthless garbage.

CNN leans left, Fox leans right. Everybody knows it. But that's not what the post was about.

You are wrong saying that white people don't vote Democratic anymore. Of course we do.

We are not 100% united though because a lot of us think the Dems concentrate on silly things like transgenders and probably what you call "identity politics." We vote Democratic because we believe in protecting the environment, having affordable health care for all, Planned Parenthood and, in general, more compassion for our fellow Americans. We're all in this together, we're Americans. One reason Trump won was on illegals. Many Dems don't want those law breakers here.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Finally, someone who is telling the truth. Dems forgot the working class.

"We've got women, we've got minorities, we've got young people, we don't need you."
I think what you are saying is that it's better to campaign and lie about how good you are going to be for the working class, reject Wall St., denounce bankers, etc., and then tell unpleasant truths to voters.

Example: Trump told coal miners that he was going to bring their high-paying jobs back, even though automation and fracking assure that those jobs aren't coming back in any meaningful way.

Clinton told them that those jobs were lost and she'll institute retraining for other industries.

The voters chose the candidate that falsely told them what they wanted to her.

Now, that #45 won, he's loading up passing Wall St. backed initiatives; taking away programs that the working class like and lowering taxes on billionaires.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
The Dems have no one. Their party has no vision, no platform that they run on. Their entire campaigns are based on the fake debunked war on women and the fake debunked wage gap, illegal immigrants, and playing the race card.

The Dems run on the most pathetic forms of fuel possible.

It's is in complete meltdown mode and falling apart. Sanders and Biden will both be on life support in a year and they have no one up and coming that can replace them and they are 2 of the only good Democrats. Megamillionaire Pelosi and Schumer are bigger corporate shills than any Republican. THey are Hillary-lite.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:04 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Biden is one of a very few Democrats who don't scare me .... precisely because he's a pragmatist who usually understands what the Real Economy can (and can't) support.

But he's still (ugh!) a Democrat; a person who believes that the answer to most of our problems is more legislation, more bureaucracy, higher taxes and greater interference with the natural workings of an open economy. And he will still try to build a bridge to that completely clueless and unmotivated (and un-redeemable) collection of societal debris whom the radicals who hijacked the Democratic Party forty years ago invariably place at the center of their coalition.

He gets my vote, but only if the alternative is Rick Santorum or some similar peddler of unworkable dogma.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-01-2017 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies