Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 01:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Millions are coming in without one.
How many million Brits are working here without one?

Lets make an effort to stay on topic, shall we?

Quote:
A little paperwork
More than a little.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:09 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Have you ever asked an irrelevant question?

Have you been to every place where you have formed something of an opinion?
No, but I don't post ignorant bigoted 'opinions' such as Maybe, just maybe people of Britain don't want their country to look like Pakistan and liked their country the way it was before the EU?

I mean, WTF does the EU have do with Pakistan?

How will Brexit and the EU have any effect on people coming to the UK from Pakistan?

Old 06-24-2016, 01:09 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This is indeed a shocking bit of reality for the lefties who think the entire world must agree with them or else the voters can't realize how they are voting, are misinformed are are just stupid.
Maybe, just maybe people of Britain don't want their country to look like Pakistan and liked their country the way it was before the EU?
You do realize that Pakistanis immigrate to the UK as part of the Commonwealth and not through EU borders? Brexit would just cut back on the immigration of Poles and Romanians and Spanish and other European groups.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
"Mexico is the undisputed number one destination for American retirees"

Best Places to Retire Abroad, Mexico - AARP The Magazine

Yes, and yet they still say Canada because they don't know even that much.

Mexico is a great place for people with money. It always has been. Disparities of income and class society are great for a certain class of people. Being a plantation owner was paradise in the South. Problem is not so much for slaves or the underclass.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:10 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This is indeed a shocking bit of reality for the lefties who think the entire world must agree with them or else the voters can't realize how they are voting, are misinformed are are just stupid.
Maybe, just maybe people of Britain don't want their country to look like Pakistan and liked their country the way it was before the EU?
I don't think it's about countries becoming more diverse, it's about having control over which people are allowed to immigrate. A nation has a fundamental right to only let in people who will be positive assets. The EU has undermined the UK's ability to do that. There is nothing racist about not wanting unvetted hordes of people coming in and causing problems. The Gulf States won't take any refugees and they are the same religion and ethnic group.

I think the American media, run by people who start screaming "racist!" the moment they leave their safe room, is downplaying the role of UK tax payers not wanting to subsidize the leech countries in the EU. There will be some cost added by leaving a trade union but more tax revenue will stay home.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:14 PM

138 posts, read 112,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I linked an AARP article that clearly states that Mexico is the #1 destination for retirees. AARP is the official publication of 55 million seniors. I've responded to every post you directed at me directly without deflecting and on the issues. I find your particular attitude and personal attacks reprehensible and the root of the problems we face in America today. This should be loud and clear to you. I can't be any more direct.
Now either debate the issue or back off with your personal attacks on me. This is a debate forum, not an attack forum like stormfront. You don't like my opinions, that too bad, deal with it.

you call me personally a disingenuous idiot. One more personal attack on me and you're out of here.
I actually gave you numbers! Dense dense dense...

Let's say of the 350,000 worldwide expats receiving SS, 100,000 of them are living in Mexico (apparently domestic retirees don't count hahahahaha). That's only 0.25% of all retirees! Completely and utterly insignificant.

I again ask you directly: why have the vast vast majority of rich Limousine Liberals not said they will move to Mexico if Trump wins, whereas they will move to Canada? In fact I haven't even seen one rich actor, singer, politician, artist, etc. say they'd move to Mexico...

Quote:
you call me personally a disingenuous idiot. One more personal attack on me and you're out of here.
Awww, your feelings get hurt? I guess it's okay to call people bigots like you have all throughout this thread. Typical liberal hypocrite.

1,587 posts, read 1,015,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
You do realize that Pakistanis immigrate to the UK as part of the Commonwealth and not through EU borders? Brexit would just cut back on the immigration of Poles and Romanians and Spanish and other European groups.
Not all Pakistanis immigrate that way. Brexit will put a stop to all unchecked immigration.

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Seems many U.S. citizens didn't know what they were voting for...........

Now might this have happened at some point in the future if the following didn't happen? Sure, it's possible but it would have been at some point in the future.

We played a big role in setting a bunch of this off. There were many reasons for this and I'm not blaming it all on one thing but one big complaint was the influx of Syrian refugee's and those who wanted a say who gets in and who doesn't, especially with the terrorist attacks.

This didn't happen anywhere to the extent is does today before we started bombing and destroying other countries. If we had stayed out of Syria nowhere near as many are forced to flee. Many complaining about the exit refused to speak up when the one who promised to not start new wars, started new wars.

Many who are complaining need to look no further than their mirror.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:16 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Germany, USA and Canada ALL say they want special trade deals with post-Brexit Britain

US and Canada lead promises to maintain trade relations with Britain outside the EU | City & Business | Finance | Daily Express
And? Of course they've going to maintain trade relations and negotiate new trade deals with the UK outside the EU. The real question is, if those deals will be better than the current deals they have as a part of the EU and what will it mean for sectors like finance and real estate that have been large parts of the British economy under EU membership. The EU is unlikely to grant the UK the same level of access to the single EU market if they break away, there's going to be changes when things are renegotiated--there's no a la carte membership. In the end Britain could be fine, but in the short term there could be a very rough period as things adjust.

The actual logistics of breaking away from the EU though is going to take time as it is even after Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty is triggered.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:16 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
No, but I don't post ignorant bigoted 'opinions' such as Maybe, just maybe people of Britain don't want their country to look like Pakistan and liked their country the way it was before the EU?

I mean, WTF does the EU have do with Pakistan?

How will Brexit and the EU have any effect on people coming to the UK from Pakistan?

What's entirely ignorant about that statement? Pakistan might be a poor choice of words, but they will not need to accept the flow of immigrants in the EU originating in Afghanistan and Syria. "Maybe" is also sarcastic remark. You are grandstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies