Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times

Advertisements

I think many Liberals believe that Muslims who immigrate to a free country will see their error and become a liberty loving agnostic. Some also think every bad thing in the world is due to oppression by White people, so Muslims are right to want to kill Westerners. Part of it is that many Muslims in America historically have been very moderate. Many we get left the Middle East because they don't like the extremist version of Islam.

In terms of R vs D I'm not a fan of how either handles the problems with Islamic terror. D's want to pretend like there is no more problem with terrorism in Islam than Christianity, which isn't based in reality. But I'm not a fan of people like Trump who paint all Muslims as extremist. There is a lot of diversity within Islam and not all of them stone women for getting raped. I think his rhetoric plays into the hands of Al Qaeda and ISIS by thinning out the middle.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
The Democratic Party can be pretty anti-Muslim at times.
Not what Muslims think.......The imam’s words poured out in slow, deliberate English, his message as clear as the crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling of the green-domed mosque.
Vote, he told the congregation populated mostly by Iraqi Muslims. It is their “moral duty” to be heard in Michigan’s presidential primary Tuesday, said the cleric during last Friday’s afternoon prayer service.

He did not specify for whom — other than “not a Republican,” least of all, Donald Trump!
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...fyO/story.html

What are they worried about, are many here illegally as Trump has suggested?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think many Liberals believe that Muslims who immigrate to a free country will see their error and become a liberty loving agnostic. Some also think every bad thing in the world is due to oppression by White people, so Muslims are right to want to kill Westerners. Part of it is that many Muslims in America historically have been very moderate. Many we get left the Middle East because they don't like the extremist version of Islam.

In terms of R vs D I'm not a fan of how either handles the problems with Islamic terror. D's want to pretend like there is no more problem with terrorism in Islam than Christianity, which isn't based in reality. But I'm not a fan of people like Trump who paint all Muslims as extremist. There is a lot of diversity within Islam and not all of them stone women for getting raped. I think his rhetoric plays into the hands of Al Qaeda and ISIS by thinning out the middle.
One problem I have, is that many cultures are able to form their own cities, within our country.......this should never have happened. I live near a town 20 yrs ago it was clean, safe and very American, now the town look like little Mexico, even the billboards are no longer written in English. The once horse & rodeo community is no longer being called a safe place for citizens born and raised their.

Why are these people able to come to America and build little cities that eventually move out the decent American family?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemagne View Post
I brought this up in another thread.

I am neither minority religious or communist, but I support secularism and prefer an ideology that leans towards athiesm. My view is what liberalism is usually about - the type that bans creationism and removes school prayers.
That isn't what "Liberalism" is about. You can't have a valid discussion unless you start with a valid position and we do not have that here.

Your belief system falls in line somewhere with a system that rejects everything outside of your beliefs.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:18 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is a perfect example of the cognitive dissonance which seems to be so commonly suffered among liberals.

The first thing I would point out to you is that neither you nor I have ever met a "belief", but only people with beliefs. Beliefs are not some autonomous entity, but a thought held in the mind of the believer. Suffice it to say that a belief is nothing more than the same thought you keep thinking, over and over again.

There are two basic types of beliefs ...one type is based on one's own thoughts formed from experience, evidence, and personal observations, (this is rare, in today's world) while the other type are based on the thoughts of others the believer blindly accepts, without evaluating such things as personal experience, evidence or observations. This is the dangerous type which is solely based on "group think".

Religion is a good example of "group think", though education, as it is has evolved today is also another good one. Our education system, for example, no longer teaches kids how to think, but only what to think,.
This is very good! congratulations.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:19 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
You can be liberal and anti Islam but you cant be liberal and anti Muslim. Likewise a true liberal is not against Christians
Can't be any more succinct than that!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:25 AM

9,294 posts, read 14,911,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Perhaps you need to examine what the origins of the Liberal Party is and it's intended purpose in the modern day world. It has nothing to do with being progressive. The liberal party's main purpose is to destruct the nuclear family unit and traditional mores of society to usher in the new world order. Total absolute control is the goal. Christianity is the biggest barrier to their objective because it's values and ethics (based primarily on procreation, morals, and love of God) is firmly entrenched in almost every sector of society and socio-economic group worldwide. In addition to being the most powerful and wealthiest, it still remains the largest religion on Earth. This is very well understood by the liberal genus. So the goal is to take it down by whatever means necessary. Including the tolerance, acceptance, and societal introduction of a religion that is the complete antithesis to their own values.
A conspiracy theorist.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
You can be liberal and anti Islam but you cant be liberal and anti Muslim. Likewise a trur liberal is not agsinst Christians

Opposing a belief is not the same as opposing a person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Can't be any more succinct than that!
Idiotically succinct, absolutely.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:34 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemagne View Post
I brought this up in another thread.

I am neither minority religious or communist, but I support secularism and prefer an ideology that leans towards athiesm. My view is what liberalism is usually about - the type that bans creationism and removes school prayers.

So why is the liberal establishment being so supportive of muslims? The religion is worse than the religion liberals usually hate (Christianity) and is pretty much against all liberal values.

I can't imagine what these people would be like in Muslim countries. Would they back the conservative party?

I want a party that does no more than just tolerate Muslims. I wouldn't mind a party that was anti-muslim either, since the religion is so toxic.

It is the hard Left that demands support for Islam. Unfortunately nearly all of the Left is now hard Left.

The demand for support is made in the name of Multiculturalism... at any cost. You must not only tolerate Islam.... YOU MUST CELEBRATE IT. And if you don't then you must suffer from some kind of 'phobia'... a mental disorder.

That's how tolerant the Left is.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
That is a gross misrepresentation of Trump, based on the liberal media propaganda.

The fact is, we see a world-wide social catastrophe occurring and particularly in Europe, where local communities are being dessimated by Muslim invaders, raping and groping local girls who are now not safe in their own communities.

This rather naive idea that you can and should ignore what the Islamic leaders openly say, choosing instead to pick and choose more moderate comments from the apologists is the liberal media message. Trump's position is far more rational ... 1) we cannot accurately distinguish an extremist from a moderate, and therefore, we should not allow tens of thousands of potential extremists entry into our country, if even only a fraction are extremists. Look at the damage 8 caused in Paris. Yet, based on what is happening to the European communities that we can see, we can assume that more than a fraction entering those countries are pure, psychopathic criminals who are wrecking havoc, unless there is such a thing as moderate rapists

2) we have no obligation to allow anyone to come here in the first place, though we DO HAVE AN OBLIGATION to ourselves not to repeat the mistakes we see in Europe.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 03-08-2016 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies