Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 09:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
How do you address this problem, keep giving more tax cuts to the rich and cross your fingers?
I would end all welfare for non-Minnesotans, for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 07:29 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Repubs are scared to death that the Dems will run a good centrist candidate.
Of course there is also the possibility that the Dems will find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by nominating a radical lefty like Elizabeth Warren.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 AM

I think the identity politics angle turns more moderates off than the liberals know.

If you look at the candidates on the left (clown car indeed), the majority of the country (65%, roughly, Caucasian) I think are more turned off by this inorganic sort of in-your-face effort to push diversity.

I think the democrats are sorely mistaken. We made our mistake with Obama...fool me once...

I think a lot of the white female are sort of turned off by the likes of Harris and "Native American" Warren being sort of shoved down their throats. Klobuchar is a nutbag, that is now out in the open so she is out. Gillibrand is batty.

I really do think Trump is going to win re-election for a number of different reasons.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:17 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I think the identity politics angle turns more moderates off than the liberals know.

If you look at the candidates on the left (clown car indeed), the majority of the country (65%, roughly, Caucasian) I think are more turned off by this inorganic sort of in-your-face effort to push diversity.

I think the democrats are sorely mistaken. We made our mistake with Obama...fool me once...

I think a lot of the white female are sort of turned off by the likes of Harris and "Native American" Warren being sort of shoved down their throats. Klobuchar is a nutbag, that is now out in the open so she is out. Gillibrand is batty.

I really do think Trump is going to win re-election for a number of different reasons.
Amy Klobuchar is a middle of the road, sensible candidate, not into the left wing stuff of the other candidates. If you had bothered to watch her town hall, you would know that.

Trump is a scumbag.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Amy Klobuchar is a middle of the road, sensible candidate, not into the left wing stuff of the other candidates. If you had bothered to watch her town hall, you would know that.

Trump is a scumbag.
This is my impression of her too. I think she would make a formidable candidate and the one most feared by Trump and his minions. Which is why the Trumpies are already trying to smear her as some kind of extreme leftwinger. But it won't work except for the Trumpie cretins who wouldn't vote for her anyway.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Trump is a scumbag.
She's completely unhinged (nuts). And elitist to her core

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...r-lead-vpx.cnn

Old 02-23-2019, 10:23 AM

Show me when/where Trump treated people beneath so disgusting:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...r-lead-vpx.cnn

She is one sock person, if you ask me.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:24 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:

Trump is a scumbag.
She's just an good actor. She's actually crazy as hell. She won't be able to hide it forever.
Evidently her staff is going to reveal the true Amy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-salad/583486/

Old 02-23-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
She's just an good actor. She's actually crazy as hell. She won't be able to hide it forever.
Evidently her staff is going to reveal the true Amy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-salad/583486/
Anyone who treats those beneath them as nasty as she does is quite a horrible person. She is a fraud.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Anyone who treats those beneath them as nasty as she does is quite a horrible person. She is a fraud.
Like the way Trump fires people by Twitter? Supposedly Rex Tillerson was sitting on the commode when he got the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies