Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 05:39 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times

Advertisements

Threat to DT's second term likely will come from within the GOP itself.

As noted previously the basics are going pretty well for USA at the moment; it is only the constant distractions caused and or around DT that keep dragging GOP off message. As such the solution to that problem is simple, eliminate focus point.

Sizable number of core GOP never liked DT and their opinions of the man haven't changed. He has proven useful in some areas, but his messy personal business dealings and constant uncontrolled diarrhea of the mouth are bringing the party down. DT's (well let's call it what it is) white supremacist message is dangerous in a time when changing demographics of this country mean GOP must find ways of appealing to various minorities if they wish to remain in power.

Upcoming election cycle will be very different and difficult for DT. He will no longer be able to position himself as a political naïf and outsider, but will have to run on his record. If enough GOP believe they can do same or better with someone else at the head of party, 2020 republican race is going to make the Night of Long Knives look like a bit of a scuffle in parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 07:46 PM

528 posts, read 227,610 times
It way higher than just 46 percent in Gallup.

At least over 50

Old 05-09-2019, 07:48 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
It way higher than just 46 percent in Gallup.

At least over 50
link?

Old 05-09-2019, 07:56 PM

528 posts, read 227,610 times
The polls are wrong

Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We have to stop comparing the 'same time period'

Obama took over during a recession -- We were just coming out of the recession.

Trump took over during a steady, growing, positive economy.

It's like compairng apples and onions -- not even apples and oranges -- it isn't even in the same family.
Bingo. Not only that, the fact that Trump has a measly 46% approval rating when we has the best economy since the 1960s (I believe) actually makes him look bad, not good. That means despite that fact that America is at nearly full employment and we're making great money overall, he still has a higher disapproval rating than approval rating. His approval rating should be much higher.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:01 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Wow, I'm surprised. May Fox News viewers aren't as naive as I thought.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...19485877129216

Old 05-18-2019, 06:09 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Fox News does not poll only its viewers any more than CNN does. If they did, the results would be quite different. Fox News polls are considered good quality with a slight right bias by entities like 538.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:32 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Republicans are embracing his taxes and threats of war
Um, when your approval is 33% that's republicans.

When it goes up to 46%, you are telling us that it's because of "more republicans"? lol

This is problematic for 2020, which is still a long way off, that he's got moderates on-board because of his results despite being a general d-bag.

The dems need to get their sh*t together. The house's first big passage is expanding protected class definition to gays\LGBT which won't get past the Senate.

I actually fully support that. However, it shows how stupid the Dems have gotten when their big legislation is aimed at...people that already overwhelmingly vote democrat.

"It's the economy stupid".

Every time I turn around with the D's anymore it's Race, Race, Sexual Orientation, Gender, Race, Gender and the kicker....white people and men are bad.

They need to get back to core issues more, jobs, taxes, healthcare etc. and please please please stop with the attacks on white\men. They're one of the largest voting demographics among moderates.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:36 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

They're not. They just put up with Trumps personality and other flaws because frankly he has delivered on a lot of core stuff and the economy is good. "It's the economy stupid" rings from the halls of history.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:44 AM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, when your approval is 33% that's republicans.

When it goes up to 46%, you are telling us that it's because of "more republicans"? lol

This is problematic for 2020, which is still a long way off, that he's got moderates on-board because of his results despite being a general d-bag.

The dems need to get their sh*t together. The house's first big passage is expanding protected class definition to gays\LGBT which won't get past the Senate.

I actually fully support that. However, it shows how stupid the Dems have gotten when their big legislation is aimed at...people that already overwhelmingly vote democrat.

"It's the economy stupid".

Every time I turn around with the D's anymore it's Race, Race, Sexual Orientation, Gender, Race, Gender and the kicker....white people and men are bad.

They need to get back to core issues more, jobs, taxes, healthcare etc. and please please please stop with the attacks on white\men. They're one of the largest voting demographics among moderates.
Actually their first big passage was the aptly titled HR.1, a measure to reform corrupt political practices in the US and get influence money out of it or at least out in the open. Like the bill mandating equitable treatment for gay persons, it died on McConnell's desk. Republicans are quite content with PAC money and discrimination against gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies