Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 11:23 PM

169 posts, read 111,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Any woman that mentions "patriarchy" is also a feminist. Feminists typically like to make up things and fudge history to justify their war on men and their (the woman's) current societal privilege.

Women wanted the right to vote yet they didn't want to go off to war. Women actually shame men for not wanting to go to war. White feather campaign ring a bell?

The White Feather Campaign: A Struggle with Masculinity During World War I - Student Pulse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And you're able to see this because you're above-average, right? Thanks for enlightening us.

What I don't understand is why the Op would prefer a woman who doesn't value herself and her job skills enough to want to be paid fairly for her work, and who would be ok with workplace harrasment. If such a woman even exists. Some guys seem to gravitate towards women with low self-esteem.

Feminism or not many people are realizing main stream media can not be trusted. That is why main stream media is dying and alternative news is growing.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Are you a happy person? Hating half the population probably doesn't allow for a lot of feelings of contentment.
Anti feminists hates women? Since when?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
No. I'd want a woman that supports equal rights for both genders instead of just female ones. An egalitarian.
Bingo. that's why feminism isn't need we already have egalitarism.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:42 PM

Feminism is about equality but they sure want to silence men in university. A men's rights group was denied at a Canadian univerisity to talk about men's issues. The men's right's group also has some women in the group so what is all the fuss?

University Won't Recognize Men's Issues Group after Feminists Say it Makes Women Feel Unsafe | MRCTV

Men’s issues group taking Ryerson University’s student union to court over club status | National Post

Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
Feminism is about equality but they sure want to silence men in university. A men's rights group was denied at a Canadian univerisity to talk about men's issues. The men's right's group also has some women in the group so what is all the fuss?

University Won't Recognize Men's Issues Group after Feminists Say it Makes Women Feel Unsafe | MRCTV

Men’s issues group taking Ryerson University’s student union to court over club status | National Post
I feel unsafe can't be countered. May as well deal the death blow and call all the men in that group pedophiles, call it a day.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:51 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I feel unsafe can't be countered. May as well deal the death blow and call all the men in that group pedophiles, call it a day.

I don't know these guys or this group personally but I have seen too many "mens rights" clubs which are practically women hater groups with serious violence speech. Those type of groups of course should not be tolerated. Maybe they have some data of them threating women etc.? Maybe only school knows what happened.

But if it is a group which would focus on real issues as custody shares etc. type of things, of course it should exist if there is proven unfair custody shares and other discrimination against men. Other chance would be "equal genders" - groups where both, men and women would work for equality.

The fact is that women needed and still need feminism to get things into same level with men. It should not mean women would be "upper" level towards men, but just appreciated on the same level. There is still much to fight and do.

The fact is that men had no this need in history and most of those groups are not focusing on real issues but only hating women and wondering how to push women back under their shoe.

I support equal rights, it indeed means that both are equal.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:56 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,870 times
I agree. If groups are a front for something else, then yes.

My criticism was that as soon as one says "I feel unsafe", the merits of those issues can no longer be evaluated. Now the men themselves are being evaluated.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I don't know these guys or this group personally but I have seen too many "mens rights" clubs which are practically women hater groups with serious violence speech. Those type of groups of course should not be tolerated. Maybe they have some data of them threating women etc.? Maybe only school knows what happened.

But if it is a group which would focus on real issues as custody shares etc. type of things, of course it should exist if there is proven unfair custody shares and other discrimination against men. Other chance would be "equal genders" - groups where both, men and women would work for equality.

The fact is that women needed and still need feminism to get things into same level with men. It should not mean women would be "upper" level towards men, but just appreciated on the same level. There is still much to fight and do.

The fact is that men had no this need in history and most of those groups are not focusing on real issues but only hating women and wondering how to push women back under their shoe.

I support equal rights, it indeed means that both are equal.
that's real funny because Avoiceformen who had a men's rights conference got death threatens to the double tree hotel that they had to cancel to the event there. They moved to another location. A feminist tried to get it but was denied because she didn't want to pay to get in. About half the attendees was women.

There are men's issues. Suicide is one example.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/wp-conte...r-REDACTED.pdf

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/11/mens...essing_confab/

Peronally I don't like MRA, MGTOW, PUA, and feminism.

Last edited by BigBadmike; 05-10-2016 at 04:47 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 05:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
Feminism or not many people are realizing main stream media can not be trusted. That is why main stream media is dying and alternative news is growing.
"Alternative" as in "any random link that supports my prejudice"?

Geez, Mike, did you even sleep? Your posts make me sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies