Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 06:17 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,220,175 times

Advertisements

i share much of my views with certain liberal positions, but i'm posting this as an independent.

many moderate liberals are sick of their regressive far-left figures, including those who have gone insane on political correctness, who use social justice inappropriately, who want open borders without thinking about its economic and labor implications. alright, i've heard about these over and over again from my moderal liberal friends and those on this forum.

so why don't you speak up? why don't you confront your own crazies and reclaim your platform? you weaklings run to conservatives and ***** about how you are non-existent in the conservative view. how about making yourself visible, heard, you know, like ordinary citizens of a democracy.

look. conservatives who are tired of mainstream republicans are supporting trump. they are loud, clear, and not ashamed. look how far trump has made, and how little hope sanders has. the fact is that many of you moderate liberals aren't' happy about establishment democrats at all. and i hear ya, and you tell me privately.

but when it's your turn to speak, when you have a chance, you choose to remain silent. it's as if you are ashamed to be a moderate liberal. when a regressive far-left says "this is racism," you meekly nod. when they say "terrorists are made by western colonialism," you apologize. i've seen this many times. you sing to the choir, trim your differences, and harbor your bitterness. you then lash it out to conservatives: how dare you conservatives ignore us cowards who never spoke up!

you know, in the end, i don't look at what you think. i look at how, and today more like IF, you stand up and speak up. Speaking your mind and speaking up is one of the basic rights and obligations of a citizen in a democracy. I disagree with Trump supporters, but at least, I see them confidently articulating their views, some of which even reasonate with Sanders' crowd. Their content comes second; at least, guys, they exercise their rights...

When are you cowards going to stand up and speak up? Are you ashamed of yourself? Are you indifferent to our democracy that is built on deliberation? I mean, I share some of your views, but I surely don't respect a population that has a ****-old mentality. If this is how you are, no wonder you fail, no wonder you allow crony capitalist democrats run the show.

Trump supporters are pissed off by their establishment and that party is in trouble. But such a change is not necessarilly a bad thing, as people do get fed up. You moderate liberals a p***ies. It's like the Democrats encouraged you kids to play it up, and now kids "time is up, support Hilary."

Last edited by Costaexpress; 03-23-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 06:21 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,525,157 times
you already attempted this in the other thread I started. glad you tried again.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:26 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,220,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
you already attempted this in the other thread I started. glad you tried again.
does this mean you agree with my observations? perhaps you can articulate why you think this phenomenon exists.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
does this mean you agree with my observations? perhaps you can articulate why you think this phenomenon exists.
There is no "phenomenon". You react to what the media YOU choose to watch shows you. You have created some bizarre "cuckold" narrative that just sounds juvenile and ridiculous. There are plenty of reasonable people who may "lean" one way or the other politically but think for themselves on issues on an individual basis. We don't scream and yell (like Trump and the SJW's), so we often aren't headlined on Fox News. If you think we would be "tougher" if us reasonable people started yelling and beating up people, thats fine. It doesn't mean you're right. Broaden your horizons and you'll find plenty of public voices of reason. Why don't you watch the Rubin video I posted, or some Sam Harris videos...lots of smart people out there that have intelligent opinions. We don't need to "STAND UP" and look like morons like the far right and left wingers have. Like Rubin said, the true moderate progressives were fighting the scared "ban metal music" right wing moms in the 90s, now they are battling their "own" on the far left and those on the far right, and maybe soon we will only be battling the far right again. Gee, its tough to be reasonable.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
The moderates have always had the lowest voice. Moderation is a sign of weakness to those of the polar oppositions. If moderates say anything each side calls them a ******* or an RWNJ. I've been called both in the same thread for the same post.

You can't reason with these people. They only care about THEIR facts, real or fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
There are plenty of reasonable people who may "lean" one way or the other politically but think for themselves on issues on an individual basis. We don't scream and yell (like Trump and the SJW's), so we often aren't headlined on Fox News. If you think we would be "tougher" if us reasonable people started yelling and beating up people
...we'd no longer be reasonable people, and just like them.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The moderates have always had the lowest voice. Moderation is a sign of weakness to those of the polar oppositions. If moderates say anything each side calls them a ******* or an RWNJ. I've been called both in the same thread for the same post.

You can't reason with these people. They only care about THEIR facts, real or fantasy.
Exactly...I have been called a right winger for not bowing to the political correctness of hush hushing radical islam, and I have been called a "*******" for many other things....unreasonable people just can't recognize reason sometimes... because we aren't yelling like little children (aka..."STANDING UP"). Give humanity a few hundred more years to evolve, and maybe things will change

Old 03-23-2016, 06:49 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
look. conservatives who are tired of mainstream republicans are supporting trump. they are loud, clear, and not ashamed. look how far trump has made, and how little hope sanders has. the fact is that many of you moderate liberals aren't' happy about establishment democrats at all. and i hear ya, and you tell me privately.

Trump supporters are pissed off by their establishment and that party is in trouble. But such a change is not necessarilly a bad thing, as people do get fed up. You moderate liberals a p***ies. It's like the Democrats encouraged you kids to play it up, and now kids "time is up, support Hilary."
Interesting take... I like it... and I'm not totally trusting Trump... but people speaking up is a good thing.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:53 PM

17,813 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Probably the moderate liberals aren't worried about it because they don't perceive their presidential candidates are extremists.

I don't really get why one the one hand your are lauding those who are advocating increased right wing extremism on the conservative side and demanding the liberals do the exact opposite.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Probably the moderate liberals aren't worried about it because they don't perceive their presidential candidates are extremists.

I don't really get why one the one hand your are lauding those who are advocating increased right wing extremism on the conservative side and demanding the liberals do the exact opposite.
Yea...his/her whole premise doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:24 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Many, too many liberals are self involved and too weak to say, "Wait a minute, that is not right." Conservatives too, until apparently recently. Let's say the original tea partiers got the ball rolling on the conservative side. It has been steadily gaining steam since 2010. Until what we now see with the Trump candidacy, in which the conservative electorate is saying to the Republican establishment, f you.

Maybe when the liberal voters finally wake up to the fact they too are being short changed, then they will too be fed up. But, first they have spit out the pablum of identity politics.

The Democrat establishment come from the same school of shills as the Republican establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies