Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times

Advertisements

Ok, I think this is gone too far. This guy hid down the street from the NATO headquarters for 4 months. They were sheltered, fed, clothed, and found resources to make their suitcases bombs, then killed more. The fantasy that the "community" will turn in the jihadist hasn't obviously worked. How long can we afford to hang on to this fantasy? Molenbeek is truly a no go zone in Belgium. You can't have a country where entire neighborhoods are essentially autonomous regions. Time to go door to door, take names and find out who lives in every apartment and generally find out "what the hell is going on". It's time to take down Molenbeek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Brussels security forces are not equipped to handle a Isis threat . They have six police districts . Some speak different languages . Then they have a bunch of unemployed , in-assimilated Muslims that have no purpose . A lot of the scum are criminals. They have to adapt to the changing face of terror and catch up. Most of all . They need to stop the retarded Muslim immigration policies they have . That will ultimately destroy them .

Old 03-23-2016, 08:48 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Default Screw Islam, time to kick ass

The leaders of the Belgium government need to call in NATO troops to eradicate the invading Islamic psychopaths.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:59 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Ok, I think this is gone too far. This guy hid down the street from the NATO headquarters for 4 months. They were sheltered, fed, clothed, and found resources to make their suitcases bombs, then killed more. The fantasy that the "community" will turn in the jihadist hasn't obviously worked. How long can we afford to hang on to this fantasy? Molenbeek is truly a no go zone in Belgium. You can't have a country where entire neighborhoods are essentially autonomous regions. Time to go door to door, take names and find out who lives in every apartment and generally find out "what the hell is going on". It's time to take down Molenbeek.
Yep, I am all for human rights but not at the expense of national security. You can't continue to tolerate such acceptance of terrorists and open contempt for the local authorities. Do you think for even one minute that China or Singapore would allow such a neighborhood to begin much less exist for years (20+ I hear).

Start with random knock and enter searches, keep this up for months. Then make a plan to evict everyone in the whole neighborhood. Send them all to four or five geographically separate areas. Get the kids and moms out first. Then raze that whole area or redevelop it.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Excuse me, but are any of you from Belgium? SMH

Why are you talking about what it's "time to down" some area in someone else's country?

Old 03-23-2016, 09:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Excuse me, but are any of you from Belgium? SMH
I guarantee you that Belgians are saying exactly the same thing behind close doors. They just don't have a voice. NOBODY tolerates a city within a city that has become a cesspool of terrorism. Start with vacant units. Find out who owns them or rents them. The apt. these two brothers wee living in was rented for them by somebody else. One knock on the door would have outed them.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I guarantee you that Belgians are saying exactly the same thing behind close doors. They just don't have a voice. NOBODY tolerates a city within a city that has become a cesspool of terrorism. Start with vacant units. Find out who owns them or rents them. The apt. these two brothers wee living in was rented for them by somebody else. One knock on the door would have outed them.
Yeah, I'm sure the Belgians did say all of those things behind closed doors. But no one followed through. That's too bad.

But that's in Belgium, therefore not in my purview. They'll figure out what they need to do. They'd know better than you or me. It's their country.

The only thing I'd ever give Belgians advice on is how to make a better waffle. And I wouldn't actually do that either.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:12 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Heck we allow basically the same things to happen in every city in America. Gangs and criminals run entire neighborhoods, with the residents doing everything they can to protect the very animals preying on them. The differences between rioters and arsonists burning a neighborhood and a suicide bomber are matters of degree, that's all. Fortunately, most of our violence stays within those neighborhoods, but not all. As we've seen many times this year, it's spreading and affecting generally law abiding areas and people as well.

Old 03-23-2016, 10:24 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Brussels security forces are not equipped to handle a Isis threat . They have six police districts . Some speak different languages . Then they have a bunch of unemployed , in-assimilated Muslims that have no purpose . A lot of the scum are criminals. They have to adapt to the changing face of terror and catch up. Most of all . They need to stop the retarded Muslim immigration policies they have . That will ultimately destroy them .
I heard on NPR that Brussels does not have the security apparatus because they don't have the resources for that. Isn't this the Capital of freaking Europe? I would think it would be the safest area in the entire EU.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I heard on NPR that Brussels does not have the security apparatus because they don't have the resources for that. Isn't this the Capital of freaking Europe? I would think it would be the safest area in the entire EU.
No, it's not the capitol of Europe though it is a very important city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies