Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 08:33 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I don’t imagine that many regular readers of this site would be shocked to hear someone complaining about the Democratic Party in Maryland. I could put dozens of issues on the wall and toss a dart at them to find something to criticize. But when the carping is coming from the Washington Post editorial board you really have to sit up and take notice. They’re focusing on the question of gerrymandering congressional district lines this week and it’s the Democrats, not Governor Larry Hogan and the Republicans, who are under the microscope.
Link: Democrats are the major roadblock to congressional redistricting reform in Maryland « Hot Air

Completely unsurprising. If you lived in Maryland, you would know that our elected Democrats are a special kind of corrupt and a special kind of stupid. We've had gems like Elijah Cummings, Barbara Mikulski, Ben Cardin, and Martin O'Malley inflicted on us over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 10:19 AM

123 posts, read 144,426 times
I am a democrat who doesn't share your love for kicking puppies and only occasionally makes kids cry, but I fully agree with you on this issue. Congressional districts in Maryland are obviously, obscenely chosen to favor democrats. It is a cop out to say that we cannot change them because Virginia or North Carolina do the same thing in favor of republicans.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:55 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
I'm not a fan of Gerrymandering no matter what side does it, and saying well the other side does it as well is a cop out. With that being said it is interesting to note that there are basically two states that have a Congressional Democratic Gerrymander, and almost a dozen that have a GOP Congressional Gerrymander

Old 03-29-2016, 11:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
I believe it, but the GOP wouldn't be all that competitive in Maryland anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies