Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 06:00 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

There are around 1000 Muslims on the NYC PD, many of them war veterans yet people continue to spout this irrational paranoia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 06:09 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Let's not be disingenuous. this same thing happened with the Japanese -now you cant stay out of their restaurants- What i said about all those famous people- there might be new famous new talents in the new refugees-- you don't know that there aren't any - the refugees of Cuba were running for office! Many refugees have become excellent Americans- JUST so happens this era --they are the Muslims= when you old be the Martians?

Old 03-25-2016, 06:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are around 1000 Muslims on the NYC PD, many of them war veterans yet people continue to spout this irrational paranoia.
WOW, there are 1000 Muslim refugees on the NYC PD??!!! Who knew?

Old 03-25-2016, 06:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Book drive?

Quote:
Fertility rates in Muslim-majority countries are closely related to women’s education levels. In the eight Muslim-majority countries where girls generally
receive the fewest years of schooling, the average fertility rate (5.0 children per woman) is more than double the average rate (2.3 children per woman)
in the nine Muslim-majority countries where girls generally receive the most years of schooling.
The Future of the Global Muslim Population

Tacticaily-speaking, I've never understood "All are bad" as rules of engagement.

The numbers aren't good.

Quote:
The world’s Muslim population is expected to increase by about 35% in the next 20 years, rising from 1.6 billion in 2010 to 2.2 billion by 2030,
according to new population projections by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:58 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
People that assume you're a bigot if you say anything critical about Muslims and turn a blind eye to the numerous large-scale attacks perpetrated by extremists who claim the faith.
This is your definition of a muslim apologist. I don't follow you here. If someone calls you a bigot then maybe you are a bigot. Have you thought about that? IDK, so I am not calling you anything but to associate a person calling another person out for their bigotry as an apologist for the target of said bigotry is nonsense. If you are 65+ in age or know anything about the history of the US, you may or know those that called people "n*gger lovers" when they told you that blacks should have equal rights, yes? I think this is pretty similar to what you are doing. I don't care what you did or didn't do but I do think you need to make sure you understand what you are talking about before you expose yourself to those that may be a little more knowledgeable than yourself.

Quote:
Right wing talking point? I'm neither a Leftie nor Rightie. But when you have nothing valid to say, diss Righties. Lol. I know flaming Lefties that would be "right wing" by your logic, if you're gonna base sentiments about a religious group on their political leanings.
Hmm, I said as far as I can tell. I did not make a declarative statement on the subject.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:18 PM

37,205 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Are any of you willing to house a refugee family if they're allowed entry to the US?
Already working on it. Why do you ask?

Old 03-25-2016, 08:02 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Are any of you willing to house a refugee family if they're allowed entry to the US?
Do they have to be able to walk out? What happens if they disappear? I need answers before I can honestly answer your question?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:43 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
WOW, there are 1000 Muslim refugees on the NYC PD??!!! Who knew?
No not refugees but some may have been, anyway they turned out all right, so why are we worried about refugees who are primarily women and children coming to the US.

By the way those are the Muslim policemen that will be patroling Muslim neighborhoods under the Ted Cruz plan.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:00 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Already do.

Both of our rental properties have families that were refugees.

Last edited by plannine; 03-26-2016 at 08:11 AM..

Old 03-26-2016, 09:55 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Why do I need to go to Yemen or Saudi Arabia. I can just go down the street or across town and hang with some of our dearest friends. We have an estimated 200,000 Muslims living in my city, I see no need to go anywhere.

If you will recall, four American Catholic nuns were abducted, raped, executed and thrown in an unmarked grave in El Salvador in the 1980s presumably by Catholic members of a National Guard death squad. So, what conclusion are we to draw from that? That Catholicism is a dirty violent religion, or that the four nuns like their Indian co-religionist were caught in the middle of an internecine power struggle between waring factions?

Yeah that's too logical!
1980's? If you go back far enough you can find past conflict between who ever you like. This thread was about dealing with a threat that exists right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies