Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:02 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The DC snipers were pre 9-11. The stats come from the FBI. There is nothing strategic at all. It's a simple list of all terrorist incidents on US soil. The facts don't support your bias.
The D.C. Snipers were active in October 2002. And there have been a lot more incidents than what was listed, i.e., cherry-picking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 04:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
The DC snipers were pre 9-11. The stats come from the FBI. There is nothing strategic at all. It's a simple list of all terrorist incidents on US soil. The facts don't support your bias.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The D.C. Snipers were active in October 2002. And there have been a lot more incidents than what was listed, i.e., cherry-picking.
Word WAS 1 of those DC snipers was "Muslim".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad

Old 03-26-2016, 04:49 PM

410 posts, read 398,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Good information.

Still, I wonder why the practitioners of Islam are not more vocal in condemning violence against innocents and declaring IS the real infidels ?
Why the Gulf States, Egypt, and Turkey sit by while their neighboring countries tear themselves apart and small numbers of their citizens go to fight in jihadist brigades killing, beheading, engaging in sex trafficking, etc ?
Why young, sometimes educated men, leave their orderly homes and go wage Jihad ?
What is the fascination with such a brutal, repressive group ?

Doesn't a Sunni standing by while a brutal repressive sect wage a terror campaign constitute tacit support? I think this is how many in the "West" view the issue.
I have often argued (and am yet to be refuted) that ISIS is truly Islamic.

According to the quran, which is the immutable word of god, Mohammed was the perfect muslim.
Now if you read quran/hadith, you will find that Mohammed raped, slaved and conquered.
ISIS is simply emulating the life of mohammed.
Therefore, no believing muslim can challenge the theological basis of ISIS.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:03 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
What incidents did the FBI omit that you think should be added?

Old 03-26-2016, 05:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
And it includes people doing minor property damage. It's like including ***** slapping with murder.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
What incidents did the FBI omit that you think should be added?
Nice try. An organization cherry picked FBI data to make a point. Here is one source that lists other incidents.

Right Wing Extremism vs. Islamic Extremism in the United States: A Look at the Numbers | Andrew Holt, Ph.D.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word WAS 1 of those DC snipers was "Muslim".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Allen_Muhammad
He was Nation of Islam, but after 9/11 changed his name to Muhammad and he and a teenager killed ten people. He told authorities he wanted to set up a terrorist training camp in Canada. If WestCobb's link can attribute attacks on "right-wing" ideology because of a statement made, then Muhammad definitely qualifies, and his body count added to the other Islamic extremist attacks in that link puts it at 55 to 48, Muslim vs. "Right-Wing". But why does the link leave out 9/11? Because if we are talking about Islamic terrorism in the United States, it seems deceptive to leave out the largest terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That probably depends on the "Arab": the Christian kind as a group are kinda the same as the rest of us; Muslim Arabs have a worse rep, even IN the Middle East.
Muslim Arabs have a worse rep in THIS country? Where? I've never seen or heard that.

The Christian kinds are "kinda the same as the rest of us?"

Who is "the rest of us?" I'm not sure that you and i are even alike or share the same values at all based on stuff you've posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have already stated the US, unlike Europe, has had no problem with Arab immigration. Like my mutual fund provider always reminds me "past performance is no guarantee of future results" particularly when you shortcut the process. My wife is an immigrant, from a nation where there is Muslim unrest, the Philippines, I am aware of the paperwork and time delays immigrants go through to insure they are assets to our country. This process sometimes takes years. I seriously doubt if the refugees go through the full process and given the turmoil in that area I think we should just say no to the refugees. Germany will take them.
Nah...i'm in total disagreement with you on this. I see no reason to single out Arabs. There simply is no good reason for the prejudicial scrutiny.

People aren't mutual funds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Jews were slaughtered by Nazis. Christians put an end to that. Along with 20 million or so atheists.
Ummmm....no. The Nazis were ALL raised as Christians, and weren't required to denounce their religion just to join the Nazi Party. Christians put an end to the war, hence an end to the Holocaust. There was no intentional effort by Christians to end the Holocaust itself even when they knew it was going on. Let's not revise history.

Just deal with the truth...it's ok.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ummmm....no. The Nazis were ALL raised as Christians, and weren't required to denounce their religion just to join the Nazi Party. Christians put an end to the war, hence an end to the Holocaust. There was no intentional effort by Christians to end the Holocaust itself even when they knew it was going on. Let's not revise history.

Just deal with the truth...it's ok.
So every person is acting on their faith just because they were taken to church as kids? Sure, that means we have tons of Christian murderers, rapists, and thieves because they were baptized at some point in their lives? In reality, what happens is many of them "find" religion in prison after the fact. I am sure many of them mean it too. But whatever they did before was not because they were Christians at some point in their lives, it was in spite of it.

And if there is a hell, surely Nazis are burning in it.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
So every person is acting on their faith just because they were taken to church as kids? Sure, that means we have tons of Christian murderers, rapists, and thieves because they were baptized at some point in their lives? In reality, what happens is many of them "find" religion in prison after the fact. I am sure many of them mean it too. But whatever they did before was not because they were Christians at some point in their lives, it was in spite of it.

And if there is a hell, surely Nazis are burning in it.
The Nazis didn't quit going to church after their childhoods were over. They remained lifelong Christians. Again, becoming a Nazi didn't require and abdication of one's Christian faith. Whether ones wants to admit it or not, the Holocaust was dreamed up by Christians. So to credit Christians for ending it is extremely illogical.

When we had slavery in this country, Christians were the main (and pretty much the only) participants. They taught slaves Christianity (a different perverted form of it to brainwash the slaves) and used Christianity as a justification that they could actually find support for in the Bible. What was that "in spite" of?

So you're free to invoke the No True Scotsman fallacy, but Christians have behaved just as badly if not worse than any other religious group in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies