Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:04 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Absurd nonsense. You definitely watch to much of nonserious news. Such areas doesn't exist in Europe.
Not who you were talking to, but 60 Minutes Australia was reporting on refugees in Sweden in a Muslim area when they were attacked not once, but twice for being outsiders.

They reported that Ambulances need police protection to enter the Muslim zones. I saw another news report says that the even the Fire Department needs police protection or "youth" (in these Muslim areas) will throw rocks at them.

'60 Minutes' Australia crew attacked by masked men while reporting on refugee crisis - Washington Times

54% of European Muslims say that the West is trying to destroy Islam.

Europe’s Muslims hate the West – POLITICO

It seems that there is a severe problem with assimilation in Europe and the media compounds the problem by more often than not point blank lying about the reality of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 11:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How can you rationale this statement about vigilante groups when at least 36 of you EVERY SINGLE DAY are being killed off without even causing a ripple of concern?

Guns Kill An Average Of 36 People Every Day, And The Nation Doesn't Even Blink

I don't get the thought process that would ignore far more you dying yearly every single year killed by each other but get your panties all in a twist over a few deaths by muslims, even when those deaths are by American converts to the religion.

What is the genetic disconnect that occurs to totally ignore hundreds of thousands of your fellow citizens having died needlessly but go bat-chit over incidents of insignificance by comparison?
To share some of the sentiment and/or make the same point but with a different example, I no sooner read your comment (and replied) that I read this article:

Turkey has been rocked by four suicide bombings already this year, the most recent last month in Istanbul. Two of those have been blamed on Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), while Kurdish fighters have claimed responsibility for the other two.

The US embassy emailed what it called an "emergency message" to Americans, warning of "credible threats" to tourist areas in Istanbul and the resort city of Antalya. Israel announced "immediate risks".

Tens of thousands of Israelis visit nearby Turkey each year despite strained diplomatic relations between the two countries.

Turkey: US and Israel warn of 'imminent' attack threat - AJE News

Interesting, it just seems to me, that we go "bat-chit" here over just the THREAT while there are literally thousands of people TOURING where acts of terrorism are FAR more likely and common. Again, not that terrorism is in any way acceptable anywhere, but we can't let terrorists control our way of life with fear either.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It seems that there is a severe problem with assimilation in Europe and the media compounds the problem by more often than not point blank lying about the reality of it.
In another thread, I asked another poster of Jewish faith why he felt that Jews had trouble assimilating, and the answer was, "religion and national pride." So I asked why would religion and national pride necessarily keep people from assimilating? I asked if he was suggesting that Jews are the only ones with strong faith and/or pride?

Never really got an answer, but this assimilation problem is an interesting one, no matter who we might be talking about. A bit as to why I started that religion thread today...

Old 04-09-2016, 11:52 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
In another thread, I asked another poster of Jewish faith why he felt that Jews had trouble assimilating, and the answer was, "religion and national pride." So I asked why would religion and national pride necessarily keep people from assimilating? I asked if he was suggesting that Jews are the only ones with strong faith and/or pride?

Never really got an answer, but this assimilation problem is an interesting one, no matter who we might be talking about. A bit as to why I started that religion thread today...
Even in Europe though, Jewish people are more likely, statistically speaking, earn a wage above average, be college educated, stay out of prison...less likely to be on the welfare rolls, they have assimilated enough.

You don't see polls in Europe where most young Jews feel that the West is out to destroy them, that using violence is acceptable if someone insults Abraham, etc...

Jews seem to be doing fine in Europe as a group, they are far more along on the assimilation scale. In fact, the biggest threat facing Jews in Europe, is arguably the rise of anti-Semitism....from the growing Muslim populations.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:41 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Previous poster calling it Antisemitism is weird as a large portion of Middle Eastern Muslims are Semites and their descendants.

The thing about no go zones I don't doubt their existence but I have been to Great Britain and France several times and a quarter of my family lives there, I have been to several "Muslim"* predominant areas, and no one has told me or my mom or the drunk British girls wearing short skirts to get the hell out. I have never witness a rape, in fact the most dangerous situation I have been in was when two British hooligans in their late teens tried to break into my uncle's neighbors house, who just happened to be Muslim and the woman started screaming at them trying to chase them out as at worst in Britain they will have a knife. These guys then sprinted out to where my uncle went outside after hearing the screaming.

* Most areas of Britain were minorities live are pretty diverse as their are very few large minorities and like the Muslim population of the U.S, only have a few areas were the Muslims are the majority.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How can you rationale this statement about vigilante groups when at least 36 of you EVERY SINGLE DAY are being killed off without even causing a ripple of concern?

Guns Kill An Average Of 36 People Every Day, And The Nation Doesn't Even Blink

I don't get the thought process that would ignore far more you dying yearly every single year killed by each other but get your panties all in a twist over a few deaths by muslims, even when those deaths are by American converts to the religion.

What is the genetic disconnect that occurs to totally ignore hundreds of thousands of your fellow citizens having died needlessly but go bat-chit over incidents of insignificance by comparison?
your post makes no sense at all, and is short on facts. as i recall there are only about 30,000 TOTAL gun related deaths in this country each year, and a big percentage of those are suicides, and another big percentage of those are gang related. as i recall something like 35% each, thus 70% of the total can be lopped off the top right away.

but lets assume that there are 30,000 gun related deaths each year, and we let in a lot of muslim terrorists who are willing to blow themselves up just to take out as many americans as they can. what would you say when the number of dead americans more than triples due to terrorist attacks?

in the end however this thread is about refugees, and the possible entry of terrorists into this country under the guise of being refugees, its not about gun control. if you want to do a gun control thread, then start one yourself, dont try to hijack this thread.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Even in Europe though, Jewish people are more likely, statistically speaking, earn a wage above average, be college educated, stay out of prison...less likely to be on the welfare rolls, they have assimilated enough.

You don't see polls in Europe where most young Jews feel that the West is out to destroy them, that using violence is acceptable if someone insults Abraham, etc...

Jews seem to be doing fine in Europe as a group, they are far more along on the assimilation scale. In fact, the biggest threat facing Jews in Europe, is arguably the rise of anti-Semitism....from the growing Muslim populations.
Again, I find this issue or question about assimilation very interesting, and I wonder if there isn't a good deal more to consider, because you can take your comments as they relate to blacks in America who "statistically speaking" are the same as you are suggesting of Muslims. What might that suggest of these groups of people we are talking about? Is it a question of who is smarter? Kinder? Harder working? Genetics?

Religion?

Or a good deal something else perhaps?

PS: your comment that Jews have assimilated enough in Europe is in stark contrast to the views of the person I was asking the question who felt strongly that Israel was necessary for Jews, as a place of refuge, because of the problems they have assimilating elsewhere.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
The United States can handle the diversity. We have the land, we have the infrastructure. Europe should dispel all refugees when the war in Syria is over and they should look hard at deporting all Muslims. They just don't seem to be fitting in well over there and the European, Christian, Caucasian culture has a right to survive.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The focus needs to be on the countries generating refugees, not those aiding them.
Might take another look there, because I think there is plenty of "focus" on those countries generating refugees. The problem is what to do about them. The problem is lack of solution, and also of course how to deal with the refugee problem that goes with. If ONLY it were so easy to fix the problems in the Middle East, but that's going to take generations of slow progress that will require millions and millions of people to get fed, sheltered, protected from violence, provided a better life rather than poverty. Something other than corruption, desolation and violence all around them, maybe then get them better educated so that religion becomes less a tool of radicalization.

None of that is happening anytime soon...

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-10-2016 at 07:42 AM..

Old 04-10-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Previous poster calling it Antisemitism is weird as a large portion of Middle Eastern Muslims are Semites and their descendants.

The thing about no go zones I don't doubt their existence but I have been to Great Britain and France several times and a quarter of my family lives there, I have been to several "Muslim"* predominant areas, and no one has told me or my mom or the drunk British girls wearing short skirts to get the hell out. I have never witness a rape, in fact the most dangerous situation I have been in was when two British hooligans in their late teens tried to break into my uncle's neighbors house, who just happened to be Muslim and the woman started screaming at them trying to chase them out as at worst in Britain they will have a knife. These guys then sprinted out to where my uncle went outside after hearing the screaming.

* Most areas of Britain were minorities live are pretty diverse as their are very few large minorities and like the Muslim population of the U.S, only have a few areas were the Muslims are the majority.
The charge of anti-Semitism is very typically "weird," especially in these threads, but all that aside..., I too have been to Europe several times, and it has always been a wonderful experience. Hard to imagine that changing as we might all fear if these terrorists multiply to any more significant a presence.

Again regarding refugees, however, and again comparing our paranoia about refugees here as compared to the many people still touring in areas where Muslim refugees are far greater in number, vetted no better than here in the United States, how is it we have that sort of "comfort" on the one hand when traveling but not so much when it comes to allowing refugees here in America?

Or is it that some Americans have a higher level of fear about becoming victims of terrorism over others? Or is it a matter of competing faiths?

No doubt a bit of all things...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies