Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:21 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Just shows that discrimination is conservative wide. Only Georgia and Virginia have shown that they are not bigots.
Conservatives are having a hard time adjusting to the 21st century. They're kinda stuck in the 19th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 04:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
did you read the law??????

says you go to the bathroom that matches the parts you are equipped with.....how may transgenders do you thinkl there are in NC? That's offensive enough to boycott NC???????????????????????????????

they are about .001 of the total lgbt pop of 3 %.

there are so many other miniscule segments of the population larger than the transgenders that never get legislation sponsored for their cause.

To do otherwse will invite crime and lawsuits....

Anyone boycotting NC needs counseling for being so sensitive it interferes with their functioning.
Did you read beyond the first paragraph?

It also removes city ordinances regarding discrimination based on sexual orientation, and removes the right to sue for any form of discrimination in state courts.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Good for Bruce. Hopefully other musicians will follow suit.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:34 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
If government can force a baker to bake a cake for someone they don't want, why can't they force a musician to perform a concert where they don't want?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post

This isn't Rocket Surgery.
Few things are. The Apollo program certainly wasn't rocket surgery.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:36 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No, it just makes him part of the coalition of people and businesses that are ultimately going to send the North Carolina legislature & governor scurrying to undue the damage they've done.

But cheer up! You've always got the Motor City Pedophile in your conservative corner!

Don't flatter yourself. I lived in NC for 18 years. Trust me when I tell you that the people of NC couldn't care less what people from outside the state think of their laws. Your little social justice crusade is going nowhere.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:37 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If government can force a baker to bake a cake for someone they don't want, why can't they force a musician to perform a concert where they don't want?
That baker is free to move to a state that applauds discrimination, just like a musician is free to not play in a state that applauds discrimination.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:37 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
This...

Old 04-08-2016, 04:38 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Quote:
Don't flatter yourself. I lived in NC for 18 years. Trust me when I tell you that the people of NC couldn't care less what people from outside the state think of their laws. Your little social justice crusade is going nowhere.
We'll find out in November what the people of NC care about. McCrory is up for re-election.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:39 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,206,868 times
Quote:
It makes him look like a moron because he is following PayPals lead on this... His products can be purchased with PayPal. But he seems unaware of the fact that PayPal does business with Saudi Arabia (and similar Middle eastern countries)... a place where you can be EXECUTED for being gay. Yet THAT is perfectly fine. No boycotts about that... It's hypocritical as hell.

And the law has ZERO to do with Christianity.

This isn't Rocket Surgery.
Get a clue. Most people in this country have accepted that gays, lesbians, and transgender people have the right to be treated just like heterosexuals. Only the Right wing bigots have not.

I KNOW this law has nothing to do with Christianity, which is why I said "alleged Christianity" because most people I know who profess some form of Christianity are NOT hateful, homophobic bigots.

BTW, the phrase is "rocket science", not "rocket surgery".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies