Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 12:17 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I suspect the very last thing a man who identifies as a woman is going to do is call attention to his penis and let it all hang out in a public environment.
You'd be wrong. That has already happened, with 13-, 14- year-old girls present...
Quote:
"One woman, speaking during the public comments portion of Thursday's regular Dist. 211 board meeting, and who is also a member of the D211 Parents For Privacy group, told the board of an alleged incident she had just learned of. A female student preparing for swim class two years ago in the girls bathroom at Fremd supposedly saw a male, who had requested access to use the female locker rooms due to being transgender, without clothes on. The female student was said to have been greatly disturbed by the incident.

“This female student came forward to say that back in 2013, ‘Student A’ (the transgender student) violated rules by entering the girls swimming locker room, got completely naked, exposing his male genitalia to her,” parent Barb Wilson told the board. “Exposure is a form of sexual abuse.”

Wilson continued: “The OCR (Office of Civil Rights) report dated Nov. 2 backs this up. The report clearly shows a pattern of breaking the rules over and over again. What leads our board to think this pattern of behavior won't continue? Why would they put children at risk knowing this pattern? How many other victims are there and how many more will there be?”
Parents Speak Out Over District 211 Transgender Issue - Journal and Topics Online: News

Old 04-16-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
No evidence has been uncovered showing that such fears are warranted. Several states, school districts and corporations have adopted their own policies affirming transgender people’s right to use the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity and have not reported problems, opponents of bathroom bills say. Progressive media watchdog Media Matters called up the 17 largest school districts governed by such policies and asked them if they had experienced any incidents of harassment or inappropriate behavior; they reported none had.
I just posted one. Dist 211 in Illinois.

Here's another: PA university expells FTM trans who is still anatomically female after MALE students complain about her/him using the men's multiple occupancy locker rooms/shower rooms/etc. Federal court upheld the expulsion:

http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

Old 04-16-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Transgender issues are not new to suburban area schools:

Transgender students aren't a new issue for suburban schools

My own school district is managing this at the elementary, middle and high school levels.

For the most part it's a non- issue in this conservative community. Girls, and boys who identify as girls, use stalls.
Not all schools have adequate private changing/shower stalls for every student. In IL Dist 211 schools, the example I posted, each school would have to have a minimum of 100 private changing/shower stalls each in the girls' and boys' locker rooms and shower rooms to accommodate all the students every P.E. period. These are 2,000+ student schools. Clearly, they don't have 100 private stalls.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That's why it's so weird to me that we are suddenly seeing legislation on the state level concerning this issue. I agree that most people don't care. Why has this become such a big issue all of a sudden? Where is the push coming from? And why?
The USDoE. As of late 2015. The landmark example is IL Dist 211, the example I gave. The USDoE threatened to withhold all of District 211's Title I, etc., federal funding if they didn't allow the MTF tans student with a penis to continue unrestricted use of the girls' locker room and shower room, even after young teen girls complained about him exposing his penis in the girls' facilities.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:21 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obviously, you're not an athlete.

School/university locker/shower rooms? Guess what? Multiple occupancy and open; no private stalls. State park shower facilities (for campers, etc.)? Multiple occupancy and open; no private stalls. I could go on and on about the multiple occupancy public facilities that have no private stalls in which nudity is a frequent and expected state...

Keep penises in the men's facilities and vaginas in the women's.
I was a high school and college athlete. 1989-1998.

Never had to get naked in front of anyone.

Not one time.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I was a high school and college athlete. 1989-1998.

Never had to get naked in front of anyone.
You never changed or showered in school locker/shower room facilities? I call BS. Any other school athlete would, as well.

To wit: the MALE university students who complained about the FTM trans student with female anatomy using the university's men's restroom/locker/shower room facilities. The university expelled the trans for doing so. Federal court upheld the expulsion.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
You never changed or showered in school locker/shower room facilities? I call BS. Any other school athlete would, as well.

To wit: the MALE university students who complained about the FTM

Yes, I did shower and dry my hair and dress in high school and college. Athletics was 0-1st period in HS and then you showered and dressed for school right there and slammed down some breakfast.

Never once did it require public nudity. Not one time.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did shower and dry my hair and dress in high school and college. Athletics was 0-1st period and then you showered and dressed for school right there and slammed down some breakfast.

Never once did it require public nudity. Nit one time.
Not all schools have the "luxury" of having ALL their students scheduled for P.E. in 0-1st period, especially schools that have thousands of students. Break out of your limited experience bubble and understand that in HS District 211, a student with a penis exposed his genitals in the girls' restroom/locker/shower room facilities multiple times. Some of the girl students unwillingly subjected to the exposure were as young as 13.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Not all schools have the "luxury" of having ALL their students scheduled for P.E. in 0-1st period, especially schools that have thousands of students. Break out of your limited experience bubble and understand that in HS District 211, a student with a penis exposed his genitals in the girls' restroom/locker/shower room facilities multiple times. Some of the girl students unwillingly subjected to the exposure were as young as 13.
My bubble? MY bubble?

How about you people drag yourself out of the puritanical hypersexualized crazy pants bubble you live in and calm the eff down?

If you people actually spoke out when women were truly victimized and cared then instead of only caring when it's part of some homophobic agenda, then maybe you'd have some credibility.

Old 04-16-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
My bubble? MY bubble?
Yes, your very limited experience bubble.

Let's hear what actual YOUNG female students who have actually been subjected to this have to say...
Quote:
"One woman, speaking during the public comments portion of Thursday's regular Dist. 211 board meeting, and who is also a member of the D211 Parents For Privacy group, told the board of an alleged incident she had just learned of. A female student preparing for swim class two years ago in the girls bathroom at Fremd supposedly saw a male, who had requested access to use the female locker rooms due to being transgender, without clothes on. The female student was said to have been greatly disturbed by the incident.

“This female student came forward to say that back in 2013, ‘Student A’ (the transgender student) violated rules by entering the girls swimming locker room, got completely naked, exposing his male genitalia to her,” parent Barb Wilson told the board. “Exposure is a form of sexual abuse.”

Wilson continued: “The OCR (Office of Civil Rights) report dated Nov. 2 backs this up. The report clearly shows a pattern of breaking the rules over and over again. What leads our board to think this pattern of behavior won't continue? Why would they put children at risk knowing this pattern? How many other victims are there and how many more will there be?”
Parents Speak Out Over District 211 Transgender Issue - Journal and Topics Online: News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies