Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 02:14 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,586,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did you get tired of reading all of those Affirmative Action posts you made?

This one is the most telling:

This is what proves my point that it is your belief that no woman or non-white person can EVER be greater than a white male.

Of course, you want to abolish Affirmative Action, so as long as it is law you will automatically KNOW (hehe) that someone was chosen because of it.
I see you do have the problem understanding the difference!

Old 04-22-2016, 02:17 PM

39,244 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That poster is a Chinese woman? Hahaha, I've got a bridge to sell you.
I don't want to point it out, but she should have realized that black folks have fought for all minorities.

I don't think Andrew Jackson should be replaced, but seriously, Harriet Tubman should be honored. There are two arguments,

1. should Andrew jackson be replaced - absolutely NOT in my opinion.

2. Does she deserve to be honored? Yes. If somebody believe that she should be honored by being on dollar bills, it doesn't really bother me.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,658,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
All people must be judged based on merit not their gender or race. That's what I advocate. only racists and sexists would have problems with that!
Harriet Tubman was chosen based on merit.

The 10 year old girl had a list of several women, including Eleanor Roosevelt; I don't remember the others.

So, according to you, if Eleanor Roosevelt had been chosen (or, indeed, ANY woman) it would have been sexist.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Harriet Tubman was chosen based on merit.

The 10 year old girl had a list of several women, including Eleanor Roosevelt; I don't remember the others.

So, according to you, if Eleanor Roosevelt had been chosen (or, indeed, ANY woman) it would have been sexist.
Please read post 443. It's clearly said the reason to choose Tubman was because of her gender. I even quoted the part for you.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Easy to see who has no respect for this country's heritage.

Look at the arguments. "Bout time a women and black..." What BS. Something a ghetto rat feminist would say. Or a SJW with guilt complex or maybe someone like Rachel Dolezal and cash in on black grievances.
This country's heritage? What does that mean? Tubman was an AMERICAN. HERO.

Aren't you Hispanic?

The only people who are saying "Bout time a woman and black..." are people who are pulling the race/affirmative action card.

Quote:
Only racist and sexist people, who have not accomplished enough and can only rely on affirmative action to "advance", would support that.
Lol, so only racists and sexiest support Tubman being on the $20 bill?

This thread is a complete dumpster fire.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:27 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,092,041 times
Quote:
Post 362, 369, 443. How many times do I need to prove this?

Don't care whom is chosen as long as the process is merit based.
And yet, you seem determined to believe that under no circumstances could a black woman possibly be chosen based on merit. This, despite the many achievements of Harriet Tubman.

There is a person in this thread who is basing her argument solely on race and gender and not merit, but if you want to know who it is, you need only look in a mirror.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This country's heritage? What does that mean? Tubman was an AMERICAN. HERO.

Aren't you Hispanic?

Lol, so only racists and sexiest support Tubman being on the $20 bill?

This thread is a complete dumpster fire.
Only racists and sexists would support a system that is based on gender and race. Is that crystal clear to you?

Old 04-22-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And yet, you seem determined to believe that under no circumstances could a black woman possibly be chosen based on merit. This, despite the many achievements of Harriet Tubman.

There is a person in this thread who is basing her argument solely on race and gender and not merit, but if you want to know who it is, you need only look in a mirror.
Did you even read the posts? It's clearly said she was chosen because of gender.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:31 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,658,860 times
Quote:
Post 362, 369, 443. How many times do I need to prove this?

Don't care whom is chosen as long as the process is merit based.
You are the only one who is stating that she was not chosen by merit.

You seem to be basing your stance on something a 10 year old girl wrote to the president; that she would like to see a woman on currency.

That's really, really weak. Where's that spreadsheet???

Old 04-22-2016, 02:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
Quote:
Only racists and sexists would support a system that is based on gender and race. Is that crystal clear to you?
Do you not understand why AA was created in the first place? As a woman and a minority yourself?

What I think you're effectively saying is any woman and/or minority who has accomplished any great thing did so because of affirmative action.

Is that what you're saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies