Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama's edict was specifically addressed to our country's schools.

So again... What IS a transgender? Has Obama defined exactly who/what is a transgender so we know who to let into multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms in our children's schools? Has the federal government provided the funding to make sure only authentic (whatever that means) transgenders are admitted to school multiple occupancy restroom/locker/shower rooms that contradict their anatomical genitalia?

This has nothing to do with Schilling and ESPN.

Now if your asking me about the Obama Directive on Trans in schools, I think he over-reached a bit. What I would of liked him to do is instruct schools to accommodate transgender students by providing single toilet restrooms and single unit shower stalls. I can certainly understand a parent not wanting their daughter standing next to an naked individual with a penis, but at the same time mandating that a trans individual must use the room of the sex that do not identify as is discrimination. I do not think many parents would approve of their sons standing next to a naked person with a penis and breast implants or breast growth from hormone therapy.

As far as what identifies a transgender on a legal basis? That is a topic all in itself and one that would cause great debate. In my humble opinion physiological counseling and determination should be required but sexual re-assignment surgery should not be required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
There is a different set of rules that Schilling is held to as a public figure and someone with a public persona. Since I'm no public figure, my boss don't really care what I post on social media, yet I'm still smart enough to not cross any boundaries that deliberately would offend some particular group (except for maybe ISIS). It's how I roll.

Yet if I was a public figure I would be doubly careful of what I posted. Schilling is a tool, and always has been. A leopard can't change his spots.
There is no legal definition of transgender and they are not a protected class, but women in some ways are. So how is stating men should use the men's room crossing boundaries? Is it crossing boundaries to say male prisoners shouldn't be housed with women prisoners, that women fleeing domestic violence should haven't be forced to stay at halfway houses with men, or that children shouldn't be let into sex toy store shops or adults shouldn't have sex with children? If biology doesn't exist for gender then it shouldn't exist for age either, right?

Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, that's not true. A FTM trans with a vagina was expelled by a PA state university for repeatedly using the men's multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms on campus. The male students complained in that case. Federal court upheld the expulsion in 2015:
http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

You mean to tell me, precedence has been set in this whole debacle?

Old 05-18-2016, 05:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And? Are they required to in this private matter?

Has Schilling filed for wrongful termination?

Has Schilling went back on Twitter and disclosed his own contract?

Now run along.

With the levels of money that were/are at stake for Schilling, you can bet your bottom dollar that IF he thought a lawsuit could be successful, then there'd be a lawsuit.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:06 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
This has nothing to do with Schilling and ESPN.
Yes, it does. Schilling posted about self-identifying transgenders using facilities opposite to their anatomical genitalia.

Quote:
Now if your asking me about the Obama Directive on Trans in schools, I think he over-reached a bit. What I would of liked him to do is instruct schools to accommodate transgender students by providing single toilet restrooms and single unit shower stalls.
The IL school district offered that solution. Both the trans with a penis and testicles AND the Obama Admin REJECTED that solution and INSISTED that the trans with a penis and testicles be given unrestricted access to and use of the girls' multiple occupancy restroom/locker/shower room facilities.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:09 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You mean to tell me, precedence has been set in this whole debacle?
Yes. But Obama and his Admin have ignored it. Anyone surprised? They ignore immigration law, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies