Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
And many won't, especially trans men.

But who or what says that's a requirement? Makes for a endless debate.
Why should those with a penis be allowed in girls'/women's multiple occupancy restrooms/changing/locker/shower/etc. rooms (and vice versa) where MINORS may be present and various stages of undress are normal and expected behavior? After all, that's exactly the purpose of those facilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 06:30 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
What I really can't stand is the double standards and hypocrisy in regards to saying offensive things and getting fired. That's why I said Schilling was a victim of the "politically correct thought police".
It wasn't that he said something offensive, it's that he said something offensive targeted to the wrong group or person!

Kenny Mayne also works at ESPN, tweeted this a few years back and there was no outrage, he wasn't fired and it's 10x worse than what Schilling tweeted...

"almost rammed car with palin bumper sticker. with intent.. held up..coulda been kids in car."
https://twitter.com/kenny_mayne/stat...76974363852800
https://twitter.com/kenny_mayne/stat...76974363852800

"ESPN, Mayne's employer, has not released anything official concerning his message. But would you even expect them to?"
The Sports Rocker: In Case You Missed Kenny Mayne's Dig at Sarah Palin

So, let's just STOP pretending this is about tolerance and civility. It isn't!
If you are a member of the "wrong" political ideology or the wrong group, you won't see much tolerance or civility from the politically correct.
"What I really can't stand is the double standards"

And it has been going on for YEARS.

I could cite MANY cases.

Most of he media is liberal.

MANY in the media are *****. (I'll bet this word gets changed to a bunch of stars which is why I used it yet, Teabaggers is NOT changed to stars ) which only proves my point.

No ONE is MORE racist the sharpton. The things he says are out and out RACIST, yet NBC hired him.

The liberals make all kinds of "insensitive" comments about the right and NOTHING is done.

Only when something is said about the left does the media do anything.

Has anyone ever watched The View"? Why is it that THEY don't get fired or at the least censored?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:39 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why should those with a penis be allowed in girls'/women's multiple occupancy restrooms/changing/locker/shower/etc. rooms (and vice versa) where MINORS may be present and various stages of undress are normal and expected behavior? After all, that's exactly the purpose of those facilities.
In the case of schools, it should be mandated that special arrangements are provided for trans individuals, which is usually what is being done anyways.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the NC law only pertains to government public facilities and not commercial or privately owned?

Old 04-25-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
In the case of schools, it should be mandated that special arrangements are provided for trans individuals, which is usually what is being done anyways.
That was done in the IL public school district. Both the MTF trans with a penis AND the US DoE REJECTED that solution and INSISTED that the MTF trans with a penis be given unrestricted access to and use of the school's multiple occupancy girls' restrooms, locker rooms, and shower rooms. The US DoE threatened to withhold millions of dollars of federal Title I, etc. funding if the IL school district didn't comply.

Parents Speak Out Over District 211 Transgender Issue - Journal and Topics Online: News

Old 04-25-2016, 09:53 AM

More on the IL school MTF with a penis transgender case:
Quote:
"Superintendent Daniel Cates remains adamant that the district is not in violation of the law and warned that the Obama administration's position "is a serious overreach with precedent-setting implications."

"The students in our schools are teenagers, not adults, and one's gender is not the same as one's anatomy," Cates said in a statement. "Boys and girls are in separate locker rooms — where there are open changing areas and open shower facilities — for a reason."
Palatine district violated law regarding transgender student, authorities say - Chicago Tribune

Old 04-25-2016, 10:03 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No ONE is MORE racist the sharpton. The things he says are out and out RACIST, yet NBC hired him.
What does the subject have to do with race?

What has Sharpton said that was racist?

Curt was free to make a comment knowing the nature of it could get him fired and chose to do it anyway. He needs to get over himself and take responsibility for his post. Men don't open mouth amd say things they know could get them in trouble and then get angry when they loose their job.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:03 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
Bill Maher's solution makes lots of sense. "If you look like a woman then use the ladies room. If you look like a man then use the men's room. If you're a bearded man wearing a dress, hold it till you get home!"

Old 04-25-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Bill Maher's solution makes lots of sense. "If you look like a woman then use the ladies room. If you look like a man then use the men's room. If you're a bearded man wearing a dress, hold it till you get home!"
That strategy fails when it comes to public facility multiple occupancy changing/locker/shower/etc. rooms as I've already posted. It immediately becomes obvious that someone is sporting a penis when they change into and out of their swimsuit for swim class in the girls' locker room AND in the presence of minors.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:13 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
I honestly don't care what anyones view is.

what I do care about is when people lose their jobs because of their political beliefs.

that's sick. that's disgusting.

that's what progs do. they destroy those that don't do what the progs tell them to do.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
77% of the public, agrees with Curt Schilling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies