Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yep, exactly.
She is depending on the stupidity of her base.
Disgruntled and hopeless is where the Dems want their voters so they can claim to be the saviors to make it all better.

They have been pulling this stunt for over half a century now.
Not any different than Sanders, Cruz or Trump.

The oldest guy in the race appeals to the youngest voting demographic and it's all about us versus the 1-5 % and it's all about taxing the wealthy to give everyone else free stuff.

Cruz, a marginal regional candidate, perpetuates the notion that Christians in the US are being persecuted and he is going to protect them and their values.

Then there's Trump who is going to make it all better by magically creating jobs and making the masses wealthy. All we have to do is round up 12 million illegals, ban Muslims and impose tariffs on imports, never mind that tariffs are reciprocal and will hurt US businesses.

Every POTUS fails to keep promises. Sometimes Congress will not play ball and sometimes they don't try.
The people become disappointed. Every 4-8 years the cycle starts all over and and the masses convince themselves this time will be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do Presidents normally endorse a candidate during the primaries?
No, not really. I think most voters, of any party, would see that as meddling.

Obama will endorse the nominee, and will do for the campaign whatever seems to be the most helpful. Whatever his personal feelings happen to be, he doesn't want an R president.

Last edited by jacqueg; 04-27-2016 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-27-2016, 07:17 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't listen to her.

Her voice is like fingernails scratching on a chalkboard.
And if that weren't bad enough, we have to listen to her cackle. Then bark. Then cough.

One day, she'll dissolve like the witch she is. We should be so lucky.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:22 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Do Presidents normally endorse a candidate during the primaries?
Obumbler has his bloody hands full meddling in global affairs. And besides who'd listen to his advice? well excepting the dozen or so blind, deaf and dumb posters here on C-D that always rush to his defense (no offense meant to the truly blind, deaf and dumb amongst us)

Old 04-27-2016, 07:25 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obumbler has his bloody hands full meddling in global affairs. And besides who'd listen to his advice? well excepting the dozen or so blind, deaf and dumb posters here on C-D that always rush to his defense (no offense meant to the truly blind, deaf and dumb amongst us)
That comment really added to the discussion

Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
That comment really added to the discussion
What did I say that wasn't true? Maybe it needed a trigger warning?

Old 04-27-2016, 07:29 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,915,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Hillary picked up the wrong speech............
It's funny you say this part, as I had thought maybe she picked up one of the republicans talking point speeches. It just did not make any sense at all for someone running in the same party currently in office.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Not any different than Sanders, Cruz or Trump.

The oldest guy in the race appeals to the youngest voting demographic and it's all about us versus the 1-5 % and it's all about taxing the wealthy to give everyone else free stuff.

Cruz, a marginal regional candidate, perpetuates the notion that Christians in the US are being persecuted and he is going to protect them and their values.

Then there's Trump who is going to make it all better by magically creating jobs and making the masses wealthy. All we have to do is round up 12 million illegals, ban Muslims and impose tariffs on imports, never mind that tariffs are reciprocal and will hurt US businesses.

Every POTUS fails to keep promises. Sometimes Congress will not play ball and sometimes they don't try.
The people become disappointed. Every 4-8 years the cycle starts all over and and the masses convince themselves this time will be different.
I agree 100% with you. I will not be voting for any of the final four. But I still find Hillary's doom & gloom talk perplexing, when it is her guy in office. Does she really hate him that much?

Old 04-27-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
And if that weren't bad enough, we have to listen to her cackle. Then bark. Then cough.

One day, she'll dissolve like the witch she is. We should be so lucky.
When she talks at normal volume and off prompter, I find her easier to listen to and more genuine. But when she goes in script and starts trying to rallying the troops, I find myself wishing I could put both fingers in my ears.

And that cough. I am actually concerned about that. That sounds like she has a serious problem there.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:42 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I was just listening to one of the democratic candidate's victory speech and she made it sound like everything in this country is god awful. This is bad, that is bad, people don't have a fair chance, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, women not being treated as fair as men in the workplace, people's income down, people's hopes for the future down, people's trust in national security down, etc etc etc.

Then she kept saying that if she and her side are elected, all these things will be addressed and corrected.

Okay, I am a "No Party Affiliation" voter as I cannot stand either party and I think we would be better off if people had to vote for candidates without party ID's, just for the person themselves.

I do not claim to be the brightest bulb in the box, BUT, if she is saying everything stinks now and she and her party will fix it if elected..........well, ummmm......haven't they been the one's in charge the last 7.5 years, at least the main man? And they had both the House & Senate for years, plus a super majority for a period with the (I's) that go with them.

So what am I missing with what she is saying? Is she actually really saying that Obama and the people he put in place did a horrible job or did she forget what party she is in?

This is crazy. How can you possible say to someone "The democrats screwed everything up, so elect democrats and we will fix it". That does not make sense, unless she is trying to stick a knife in Obama's back. I know they can't stand each other, but WOW!
Uh, ok. You do realize that EVERY presidential candidate does the. exact. same. thing, right? They ALL promise to fix things. This is nothing new. At. All. And by the way, congress is dominated by the right, not the left, regardless who is president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies