Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 06:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Bill Clinton is the reason the economy tanked by his action years before Bush took office and 9/11 never would of happened if Billy took out Osama when he had the chance when the Saudi prince was hunting with him in Afghanistan.Billy was too busy playing with young naive lil girls and left a mess on their dresses....
Actually it was Reagan that started the Economy ball rolling downhill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 06:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama: "Next year someone else will be standing here in this very spot. And it's anyone guess who she will be.

Obama really shines at these things. He has a great sense of humor and impeccable timing.
Of course, somebody else writes his speeches.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Oh, my, Grumpy!
Thanks to Obama, I've been able to have affordable health care for the past three years. I hate that sort of destruction of America!
Affordable health care -- at whose expense?

Old 05-02-2016, 06:19 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama: "Next year someone else will be standing here in this very spot. And it's anyone guess who she will be.

Obama really shines at these things. He has a great sense of humor and impeccable timing.

You have to admit, Obama actually has a great sense of humor and timing. Loved the line about "This is my last, and, probably THE LAST, dinner !" He might have had help writing those lines, but he had to deliver them, and he did great.

He is one man I would love to sit down with and share a cold brew.

Don

Old 05-02-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
very sharp reading jokes his writers wrote for him....why not make Jimmy Kimmel the President, he is very sharp delivering jokes his writers make up for him.

I wish Obama was this sharp running the country because that is his main job.
The only thing Obama is good at is reading speeches written by other people off of a teleprompter.

And he's not even very good at that. His pauses are too long (complete with little frowns), and he goes on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise as his comedic act started about the time he was nominated for Nobel Peace prize and continued on for the next 7 years uninterrupted.
Yeah, the joke's been on us for the last 7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Then get out your check book because the writers only present Obama with an array of many, many jokes and HE decides which ones he likes and doesn't.
How do you know?

And why can't he come up with his own jokes?

Quote:
His delivery is all him, too, and he has great comedic timing according to people in the business.
Well that settles it. He deserves to be President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Actually it was Reagan that started the Economy ball rolling downhill...
Wrong.

It was the Democrats who destroyed the economy.

Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo ordered Fannie and Freddy to buy $2.4 trillion in sub-prime loans over a ten year period starting in 1999.

Clinton also signed off on the repeal of the Glass Steagle Act, which had restrained banks from speculation.

And Clinton's NAFTA sent millions of good jobs overseas.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I really thought they'd go after Trump a lot harder than they did....

Obama was pretty funny, Larry Wilmore? Not so much. What was with that Cruz / Zodiac Killer thing going on for like ten jokes? He should have cut it down to once or twice.

I also thought Wimore was very disrespectful to Obama, and the office iof the presidency in general. This isn't the comedy central roast, you shouldn't use such derrogatory language, I don't care what race you or the president is, HE'S THE PRESIDENT!!!!

Then again, I'm a white Conservative male, so Larry Wilmore probably couldn't care less what I think...
Wilmore last comment was speaking to the many people not there and not represented much in America beyond a few Dems.... Black youth. It was not disrespectful to the President, it was typically misunderstood by politicians and haters.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
So... Obama has joke writers give him stuff to say and that's supposed to impress people? His joke about Bernie and the million dollars was weak. Had he said " Hillary you look like a million bucks, or in a term you'd be familiar with, you look like two speeches at Goldman Sachs", THAT would have been far funnier.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:17 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Every time they show that dirty bastard on TV I change the channels, I can't stand to see or hear a man who has destroyed America.
There is nothing at all funny about him, he is the scum of the earth, so no, I didn't watch it and wouldn't even consider doing so.
What other blacks do you not like?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
What whites do you not like?

Old 05-02-2016, 08:20 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Did anyone insinuate bigotry as a motive when you criticized Bush? (or more recently Trump)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies