Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Yes, that's correct. Men are the repressed ones in our society. It's tragic, and it's no joke when you start talking about children suffering, families suffering, and people dying.

The question is, where your moral compass at that you would poke fun of oppressed people?

Do you also belittle and ridicule rape victims?

Reminds me of the quote: "When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Credit to for the above quote to my friend Ms.Mathlete ( don't know where she saw it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 06:54 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
[quote=dysgenic;43937170]
I'd like to say a few things to you, and I'm going to ask that you consider them- please.

Quote:
Does it bother you that if you were to ever get a woman pregnant, that she could keep the child from you and the law would support her?
And consider for every woman who petitions the court to keep you from seeing your illegitimate kid there are over 1000 guys who have no interest in ever seeing their child much less care about its welfare. And there is nothing a mother or the courts can do about that.

Quote:
That even if you spent thousands of dollars on a lawyer (the cost is often in the tens of thousands of dollars, btw) to obtain rights, that you would go get to see your kid only every other weekend, and even then if the mother wouldn't let you see your child, that the police would do nothing.
Please consider the heartbreak of suffering children that need relationships with their dads, yet the system actually supports the child being estranged from their dads.
You know even rapists have gotten parental rights so it stands to reason its not that difficult for a man to get parental rights to his child. Visitation is complicated and depends largely on things like parental involvement and ability to care for the child properly. The "heartbreak" situation depends on the prior involvement with the father. I guess you feel just because you had sex your entitled to take product of that when the mood strikes and just do whatever suits you at the time?

Quote:
Are you married? Does it bother you that at any moment, for any reason, your wife could put you out on the street by claiming that she is afraid of you? That you could be left homeless, 50-70% of your income gone to pay for your wife to live in your house, with your children, and there would be virtually nothing you could do about it.

If neither of these scenarios apply to you, I trust that you have loved ones that face the threat of this very predicament even now.
Again, the courts act in the best interest of the child. There is usually a reason your wife is afraid of you. If there is evidence or history of violence, then yes a judge can make you leave the family home so the kids have a safe place to live. This is normally a temporary fix until the terms of divorce are finalized or there is a safe place for them to go. (and this just for clarification: basic child support obligation is established using a percentage of income. The percentage of income reflects the portion of family income the given number of children would have received if the family lived together. The support obligation is 18% to 24% of net income for one child, 28% to 37% for two children, 35% to 46% for three children, and up to 46% or 61% for six children.

Now how would you have it? Any man who deposited sperm should have 100% rights and access to his offspring regardless of his parental involvement or ability to care for those children, be able to take them at anytime he wants, not be required to contribute to their financial support and force them to stay in an unsafe and abusive environment. Is that what would make you happy.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,981 times
Men and women need to support each other a lot more. If we are serious about the fight for gender equality, we must work towards addressing all inequalities – rather than just the inequalities that impact our own genders. A divide is counterproductive.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Men and women need to support each other a lot more. If we are serious about the fight for gender equality, we must work towards addressing all inequalities – rather than just the inequalities that impact our own genders. A divide is counterproductive.
This is true.
If men and women had been working together there would never have been fighting for equality in the first place. So apparently there are more people against equality than for it.

I am all for addressing all inequalities but when these inequalities are legitimate, as in being true and supported. When you have groups that make untrue, unsupported, vague, biased claims, take rare, isolated, one sided cases and tout it as thought is the norm you lose credibility and true inequalities that should be addressed are buried so deep in some faux oppression pity party whitewash that people become indifferent if not totally turned off by the cause.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:22 AM

169 posts, read 111,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You forgot to add that men commit 90% of the crimes and cause 90% of the problems in the world.

Women raises those criminals mostly by single moms. Look at the black community where over 60% of the mothers are single mothers.

The Real, Complex Connection Between Single-Parent Families and Crime - The Atlantic

Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
A female president would not change anything, Congress has to approve the President's orders. If Hillary does win, she has to prove to men that she's not a feminist president that only cares about female benefits.
Then in 2020, the opposing party will make a spectacle out of how she did not lift women out of poverty and life will go on.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Then in 2020, the opposing party will make a spectacle out of how she did not lift women out of poverty and life will go on.
For every women leader that gets appointed, more men are needed to carry out orders.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:33 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times
I'm back. I had to take a break from this thread, the male hating and abusive posts were upsetting me. I'll try to respond to all threads over the next couple of days.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
[font=Verdana]

Why would a unmarried father have default custody? He didnt gestate the baby, he didnt give birth to the baby,he isnt breastfeeding the baby. .

He should have default custody for the same reason that unmarried women have default custody- because he is the child's parent.

Quote:
If that unmarried father wants to be involved in his child’s life he petitions the court.
Again, why should he have to, when unmarried moms don't have to?

Quote:
The courts still do what is best for the child, theoretically anyway.
They don't do what's best for the child, that's the problem. See my original post. Can you really argue that its best for the child for ⅓ of all men in the USA to not have custody of their children?

Quote:
Child custody is not black and white, cut and dried.
I beg to differ. When it comes to unmarried parents, it's absolutely cut and dried. Custody is determined solely based on gender in this situation. When parents are married, again, custody is usually determined by gender. That's not right.

Quote:
If that father just knocked up some chick, was not there and supportive thru the pregnancy and birth, did not show interest in the child why do you feel he should just, what walk up and take the child whenever he pleased. Factually, if a father wants rights to his child it can be granted thru court, even full custody. But no its not a natural right because you had unprotected sex with someone and it shouldn’t be.
Wow. This is a strawman argument and a red herring argument. I could just as easily make the same argument, throwing all kinds of general disparaging accusations against random women, but I will not stoop to that level.

Quote:
Normally, you first have to fall 2K behind then you are summoned to court, judge normally gives you 3 months to pay, no, summoned to court again, you many go to jail, my get more time. This all depends on the judge. I know guys who are still not paying, or still behind 20 years after their kids become of age. As with most anything that goes to court, its highly dependent on the judge, even on what mood the judge is in that day. Blanket statements don’t apply.
It may be highly dependent on the judge, but what you are trying to pass off as 'normal' is not.

Quote:
No, just no. Many women never seek CS, many never pursue it. If the party does not make a complaint the courts do not pursue it under most circumstances. Child support enforcement is not gender based. Men who are awarded rarely pursue CS.
This is untrue. Men who are awarded almost always pursue, but the state does not assist them. Read: gender discrimination at its most poignant.

Quote:
[font=&quot]Look it up honey. It is based on income. In most states both custodial and non custodial parent income is taken into consideration as well as insurance premiums etc.. It has been calculated and documented, the average CS payment is around 430/month.
A minimum wage earner pays almost that much, you are incorrect.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am neither making fun of or ridiculing anyone. I just have no sympathy for men like you who rail against an entire gender because one or two did them wrong.
I have not railed against women whatsoever in this thread. I defy you to quote me saying even one disparaging thing about women.

Quote:
It sounds like you got a raw deal in your divorce, but instead of blaming a flawed system ( which btw was instigated mostly by your male counter parts back when the balance of power was, and mostly still is in their favor), you choose to blame women and their fight for equality.
I defy you to show me where I blamed women or even referenced women's fight for equality in this thread, or anywhere else.

Quote:
As long as men like you could keep your thumb on us it was fine... Give us a little power of our own and .... The sky is falling! Double standards! It's not fair! Men are being repressed!
This is ridicule and it's an abusive ad hominem attack.

Quote:
As a matter of fact... I was party to a rape ( notice I didn't say "victim", more on that to follow).
Quite a brutal rape it was, which included a vicious beating that caused bone fractures, stitches and physical scars that will remain with me forever. After all was said and done I didn't feel like "All" men are rapists, nor that all men were at fault for the actions of one. I blamed the guy who actually did the rape and beating.
I wasn't a victim... I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. When I got out of the hospital I drove to the spot where the rape occurred, parked, got out of my car and walked around. I wasn't about to let the actions of "one" guy steal my thunder, or one man sour me against ALL men. If you want to wallow in self pity forever because you feel like you got screwed... I really couldn't care less.
I am very sorry that you experienced such a terrible crime. That does not make it ok for you to demean others, specifically accusing me of "wallowing in self pity" is an ad hominem attack, unfair, and untrue.

Quote:
When you look at your post it seems like your entire argument is based solely on the screwing that you got from a system that men like you instigated from pretty much the get go.
If you want to take your ball and go home... Rock on dude.. I am gonna go get my nails done.
More ridicule and personal attacks, and not even close to relevant based on anything that I've posted on this thread or anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies