Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 05:45 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that admission was entirely merit-based.
Agreed.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:59 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Michelle's comment was very specific after she was accepted into an ivy: "Some of her teachers told her she didn't have the grades or test scores to make it to the Ivies."

Michelle is either lying or she is not. If she was being modest, she would say something along the lines of: "the best student at the majority of high schools in America can not get into Harvard, so we had our back up plans, but it worked out great."

Anyone is a fool if they don't think Malia Obama has a massive leg up in life based on the accomplishments of her father, which includes acceptance into college.

Now people who are making it about race are off the mark and being unfair. It is about political elites getting their kids in to elite colleges. Just like liberals correctly pointing out that George W Bush got into ivies based on who his dad was and not who he was.

Good luck to Malia, I hope she makes the most of it!
Michelle was talking about herself in that quote and how she got into Princeton. Michelle is the one who said some of her teachers said she didn't have the grades or scores to get in. I'm saying she was being modest about herself.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:19 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
In which case you lost the argument from the get go with your personal attacks on Malia Obama. Thanks for pointing this out for us all.

What sort of wondrous things have you achieved with your high ACT scores? President of any super power?
I'm not attacking Malia, just pointing out that every university in the country (especially Harvard) have highly racist admittance requirements and that Malia is able to take advantage by simply marking 'Black." It's a guarded state secret what Malia got on the SAT and Obama told her not to tell anyone....if she had scored as high as white or Asian applicants, it would be made known.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's a guarded state secret what Malia got on the SAT and Obama told her not to tell anyone....
How do you know what Obama says to his children in private? If you read this somewhere, provide a link to the source.

Quote:
if she had scored as high as white or Asian applicants, it would be made known.
Since you think that Malia's SAT score is not known because of her race, do tell us the SAT scores of all the children of the previous 10 presidents. Since they are all white, according to you, their scores should be public record. Provide a link to your sources.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
I'm not attacking Malia, just pointing out that every university in the country (especially Harvard) have highly racist admittance requirements and that Malia is able to take advantage by simply marking 'Black." It's a guarded state secret what Malia got on the SAT and Obama told her not to tell anyone....if she had scored as high as white or Asian applicants, it would be made known.
Why on earth should you get to know her SAT score?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
My kid knew a half black kid with SAT score less than her and he got into every Ivies and Stanford. He was not accepted to UCLA.
Katie Couric's kids got accepted to Yale and Stanford. I'm sure the the celebrity factor has something to it.
Now personally, I like Obama and his kids. They look smart and wonderfully raised. However, I don't like his policies period. Having said that, a black kid with high SAT score and a father as a President is a shoo-in. Not something to brag about. It has nothing to do with racism.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:57 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
My kid knew a half black kid with SAT score less than her and he got into every Ivies and Stanford. He was not accepted to UCLA.
Katie Couric's kids got accepted to Yale and Stanford. I'm sure the the celebrity factor has something to it.
Now personally, I like Obama and his kids. They look smart and wonderfully raised. However, I don't like his policies period. Having said that, a black kid with high SAT score and a father as a President is a shoo-in. Not something to brag about. It has nothing to do with racism.
Maybe that kid had a higher GPA and/or a better essay. Maybe that kid also took tougher classes. You never know.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:59 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Yes she got selected because she the daughter of a black president , black elite privatages
She's the daughter of a white and black President

Old 05-05-2016, 03:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,871 times
Quote:
Malia is there because she's probably very smart also. She attends a very elite private school in DC so I'm sure she's getting a much better education than the average high school student.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Maybe that kid had a higher GPA and/or a better essay. Maybe that kid also took tougher classes. You never know.
She just marked black and got a 450 point bump on her SAT. My next door neighbor has kids my age, he's a Surgeon and black and his kids half white/black. His kids had lower grades and SAT than my kids but got far greater admittance and scholarships because they were part black. Malia gets that same advantage and it's a huge advantage in admissions....450 points for being part black and another 200 for being daughter of the President....which might not qualify her for a local community college if she were Asian girl with no connections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies