Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,839,723 times

Advertisements

As they should be!

https://news.vice.com/article/these-...-their-toddler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 10:14 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,549,150 times
not too sure i agree with it, it gets on the slippery slope of are by standers guilty of crime to for seeing something and not doing something to stop it

they werent "withholding" treatment, they just did it wrong. they were dumb but that isnt a crime.

can we criminalize parents for their fat kids because obesity kills in that it lowers life expectancy?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
not too sure i agree with it, it gets on the slippery slope of are by standers guilty of crime to for seeing something and not doing something to stop it

they werent "withholding" treatment, they just did it wrong. they were dumb but that isnt a crime.

can we criminalize parents for their fat kids because obesity kills in that it lowers life expectancy?
I get the slippery slope argument but one thing we know without a doubt is that vaccinations prevent diseases. Children died in the past of diseases that today are totally preventable. Take smallpox for example. Smallpox Vaccine: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Vaccinations have all but eradicated this horrible disease from the earth. Smoothies and herbal concoctions are totally ineffective.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
This is in Canada so really, I don't have much say. I will say that if I was on a jury here I would not have found for guilt. At least not jail time.

They were doing what they believed to be best. They had no intentions of harm.

If a doctor had been treating the kid and did what he thought was best, even if he made an error and that treatment lead to a babies death we do not send them to jail.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is in Canada so really, I don't have much say. I will say that if I was on a jury here I would not have found for guilt. At least not jail time.

They were doing what they believed to be best. They had no intentions of harm.

If a doctor had been treating the kid and did what he thought was best, even if he made an error and that treatment lead to a babies death we do not send them to jail.
IMO, not having your children vaccinated is negligence. They endanger their children's lives and the lives of others. If parents refuse to have their children vaccinated, so be it, but that entire family should be required to remain quarantined. They live in a society, it is not just them anymore.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I get the slippery slope argument but one thing we know without a doubt is that vaccinations prevent diseases. Children died in the past of diseases that today are totally preventable. Take smallpox for example. Smallpox Vaccine: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Vaccinations have all but eradicated this horrible disease from the earth. Smoothies and herbal concoctions are totally ineffective.
again, we know a lot of things that people do that arent healthy...
say, like gun control? smoking?

didnt see it was in canada, but same arguments on slippery slope.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:30 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,149,005 times
I support the parents. OP obviously isn't familiar with the argument against injecting poisons into children and the possible outcomes. I have seen it in more than one child and know what the results look like.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I support the parents. OP obviously isn't familiar with the argument against injecting poisons into children and the possible outcomes. I have seen it in more than one child and know what the results look like.
The real poison is bacteria and viruses. I have no idea what you think you saw but take a look at what this looks like!

Figure 1 - Should Remaining Stockpiles of Smallpox Virus (Variola) Be Destroyed? - Volume 17, Number 4

Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
IMO, not having your children vaccinated is negligence. They endanger their children's lives and the lives of others. If parents refuse to have their children vaccinated, so be it, but that entire family should be required to remain quarantined. They live in a society, it is not just them anymore.
but they werent negligent, they didnt withhold treatment, they just choose the wrong one.

you cant "force" treatment upon people that you think is right

what about that news story of "forcing" gays to get treated? just because you believe something doesnt mean it is right to force things on everyone

Old 05-02-2016, 10:43 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Thy weren't charged because they didn't get him vaccinated, They were charged because he was sick and dying for two weeks and they refused to take him to a real doctor, instead "treating him with natural remedies like smoothies with hot peppers, garlic, onions, and horseradish," even "after a family friend, who is also a registered nurse, told the couple Ezekiel likely had meningitis."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies