Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 07:03 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,774,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I was curious because the news does not give details. They try to neatly package the information for everybody.

Anyway; thank you!

There isn't anything confirmed regarding HIB being in the autopsy. Suzy is getting her info from an alternative news source, one that she would normally not trust at all called Health Nut News. There is nothing about an official diagnosis coming form the Prosecution's expert witness from any news accounts covering the trial pointing to any definitive diagnosis of HIB. Nothing at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have seen this with litters of stray cats. The weak, runt of the litter cannot nurse. His bigger, stronger litter mates will push him out of the way to nurse from their mother. This cat will get weaker, and weaker until the the mother will eat him. Food for the mother and the other kittens. I saw this as child. My Aunt, who grew up on a farm said this, as you said, the strong kittens will nurse, thrive, and grow up to pass on their healthier genes to their offspring. How nature intended the species to survive.

As I have mentioned before, my Great-Grandma had 5 children and only one survived to adulthood. My Grandma had 4 children and every one survived to adulthood.

Everyone on here keeps talking about that 1918 Flu Pandemic. My Grandma was pregnant with my Dad during the 1918 Flu Pandemic. Yes, a PREGNANT woman. She also had 3 other young children alive during that Pandemic. Pregnant woman and young children. The most vulnerable members of society?

So we get back to that "litter" and the runt. Grandma was the only one of her siblings to reach adulthood. She, my unborn Dad, and all of her other 3 children survived that Pandemic. Natural order of life?

Someone on here said it was the "healthiest with the strongest immune systems" who were dying. I do not believe that for one minute. So I suppose my pregnant Grandma and her 3 young children under 10 survived because they were weak? Precisely the opposite, just as it in the animal kingdom.

Humans are part of the animal kingdom too. I don't want to sound callous here, but sometimes I feel we are upsetting the natural balance of life. Sad as it might be, not every baby was meant to survive to adulthood. Sad as it might be, not all elderly were meant to live to longer and longer ages,

We are going to pay the priced some day for trying to create "healthier" and "healthier" people artificially.
Your first paragraph may be true about animals, but human beings, throughout history, and in every society, have tried to do what they can to help their newborn babies survive, even if born under less than ideal circumstances. That is why we have all these herbal and folk medicines and remedies. People weren't willing to just let each other die, without trying to intervene.

Whether you believe that flu killed people with strong immune systems or not is irrelevant. It happened. suzy_q2010 gave you a link. It's nice to think that your family was pre-destined to survive but really, it was a matter of luck. You've said before no one in your family had that pandemic flu. They lucked out. So did mine. I never heard any family stories about that pandemic, and the way my family liked to tell these stories, I'm sure there'd be some if it happened.

I'm sure you'd feel much differently about this "survival of the fittest" if we were talking about one of your family members.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There isn't anything confirmed regarding HIB being in the autopsy. Suzy is getting her info from an alternative news source, one that she would normally not trust at all called Health Nut News. There is nothing about an official diagnosis coming form the Prosecution's expert witness from any news accounts covering the trial pointing to any definitive diagnosis of HIB. Nothing at all.
The family gave an interview to "Health Nut News" and said this is what the autopsy said. This has been covered before. The working diagnosis, that is, the best assessment by physicians present and caring for the child, was meningitis. As has been said numerous times before, viral meningitis is seldom fatal, or even very serious. The ME said the child had meningitis. The most common form of meningitis in kids of Ezekiel's age is Hib. There are some presumptions there, but they're not in the category of "SWAG" (Scientific Wild A**** Guess).

Old 05-13-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
The family gave an interview to "Health Nut News" and said this is what the autopsy said. This has been covered before. The working diagnosis, that is, the best assessment by physicians present and caring for the child, was meningitis. As has been said numerous times before, viral meningitis is seldom fatal, or even very serious. The ME said the child had meningitis. The most common form of meningitis in kids of Ezekiel's age is Hib. There are some presumptions there, but they're not in the category of "SWAG" (Scientific Wild A**** Guess).

Do you know that the info came from the family? I read a statement from the family regarding the autopsy on their FB page and they did not mention HIB but did say that the autopsy kept talking about vaccines even without that definitive diagnosis which worried them because they thought that the case was going to be turned into a vaccine issue. They did not say that the autopsy pointed to any specific strain of bacterial meningitis. This is a news source that you would normally not believe a word that they said. Why now?

As we know, there was serious disagreements among experts as to the cause of death and even with the type of meningitis (bacterial vs viral). So to act like it was a definitive HIB diagnosis as Suzy continues to insist, is wrong.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Do you know that the info came from the family? I read a statement from the family regarding the autopsy on their FB page and they did not mention HIB but did say that the autopsy kept talking about vaccines even without that definitive diagnosis which worried them because they thought that the case was going to be turned into a vaccine issue. They did not say that the autopsy pointed to any specific strain of bacterial meningitis. This is a news source that you would normally not believe a word that they said. Why now?

As we know, there was serious disagreements among experts as to the cause of death and even with the type of meningitis (bacterial vs viral). So to act like it was a definitive HIB diagnosis as Suzy continues to insist, is wrong.
I said the parents were quoted as saying it was hemophilus. The source is the best we have.

I disagree with the statement in bold. I have not heard any expert say there was any disagreement, let alone serious disagreement, about the diagnosis. Even the "nurse" who examined Ezekiel for the mother has been quoted by the parents as saying it might be viral meningitis, in some sources. In others, she just says "meningitis". The mother did her due diligence (/s) and did a Google search and decided it was viral, thus giving her an excuse not to seek out medical care. The child's diagnosis at the hospital was bacterial meningitis and he was treated with antibiotics. No physician there had any disagreement.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I said the parents were quoted as saying it was hemophilus. The source is the best we have.
They were not quoted in the Health Nut News article as saying that. The article was a summary and who knows where the writer got that tidbit. I'm thinking she got it from their FB page and it doesn't match up to some of the points in the article, including the statement about HIB.

Quote:
I disagree with the statement in bold. I have not heard any expert say there was any disagreement, let alone serious disagreement, about the diagnosis. Even the "nurse" who examined Ezekiel for the mother has been quoted by the parents as saying it might be viral meningitis, in some sources. In others, she just says "meningitis". The mother did her due diligence (/s) and did a Google search and decided it was viral, thus giving her an excuse not to seek out medical care. The child's diagnosis at the hospital was bacterial meningitis and he was treated with antibiotics. No physician there had any disagreement.

Did you even read the article covering the testimony of the Former Chief Medical Examiner that we went over just a few days ago who came to a very different conclusion regarding the cause of death and the type of meningitis that the boy had? Did you forget about that expert testimony already? You've never heard any expert say there was any disagreement? Really?

Old 05-13-2016, 09:06 AM

Did the former chief examiner even look at the child, in life or death? Please respond before going further.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Did the former chief examiner even look at the child, in life or death? Please respond before going further.

The former chief reviewed all of the evidence including physician's reports, x-rays, labs, autopsy report, everything in the boys file. She was fully qualified based upon that information to giver her expert opinion.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
The former chief reviewed all of the evidence including physician's reports, x-rays, labs, autopsy report, everything in the boys file. She was fully qualified based upon that information to giver her expert opinion.
So she didn't examine the patient?

Old 05-13-2016, 10:23 AM

794 posts, read 820,440 times
Well, anyway, thanks again for being the willing test subjects for the pharma cartels. Better you than me.

Call me when they decide to remove the free rider status from the pharmaceutical companies (you know, the liability shield enacted as law back in the late 80s), as well as the revolving door between those who work at the cdc and the private companies they are supposed to regulate. We'll talk more at that time.

Till then, ha ha, my children are 100% unvaccinated and there is nothing you can do about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies