Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM

117 posts, read 72,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, a black family moved into my parents all white neighborhood. Both husband and wife work full time, they are quiet and keep their house and yard nicely cared for, nice people, they still live there. I lived in an area where retiree's lived. They said they downsized. They took care of their homes and yards, they were neighborly, nice people. They eventually passed away and trash, moved in. The neighborhood began looking like a war zone, then there were the drunks and up all night parties. I moved out.
Classism is almost always confused as racism, especially in today's for-profit, "everything's racist" culture. Almost no one has a problem living in the same neighborhoods as Black folks, or their kids attending the same schools, playing on the same sports teams, dating, etc. It's poor Black, ghetto people that no one wants moving into their neighborhood or schools. Successful Black folks who live in the suburbs don't want the Section-8 crowd moving into their areas either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Note to self... make sure the next suburb you pick does not have public transportation.
They'll sue to get it.

Obama collecting personal data for a secret race database | New York Post

Old 05-09-2016, 08:37 PM

117 posts, read 72,257 times
I'm looking into my crystal ball and here's what I see: Poor, ghetto, section-8 Blacks are moved into affluent White suburbs. Five years later politicians will scratch their heads and wonder why there's a gap in test scores, graduation rates, suspensions, arrests and employment. The answer racism. The solution, eliminate standardized test scores, everyone graduates, force schools to stop suspending Black kids, tell the police to stop arresting Blacks and demand employers hire unqualified Black applicants. Employers will not value the HS degrees these people receive, schools will see rampant violence and drug dealing take off, people will accuse the cops of racism for NOT arresting Blacks and employers will hire Blacks from Africa or the Caribbean to avoid hiring US ghetto Blacks. Then Whites move back into the city, to the neighborhoods they escaped from 50 years earlier and we start all over again. It's all just a big game of political cat 'n' mouse. The civilized, successful, well educated people (blacks included of course!) will always find a way to stay a step ahead of the permanent underclass.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:40 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3001 View Post
I'm looking into my crystal ball and here's what I see: Poor, ghetto, section-8 Blacks are moved into affluent White suburbs. Five years later politicians will scratch their heads and wonder why there's a gap in test scores, graduation rates, suspensions, arrests and employment. The answer racism. The solution, eliminate standardized test scores, everyone graduates, force schools to stop suspending Black kids, tell the police to stop arresting Blacks and demand employers hire unqualified Black applicants. Employers will not value the HS degrees these people receive, schools will see rampant violence and drug dealing take off, people will accuse the cops of racism for NOT arresting Blacks and employers will hire Blacks from Africa or the Caribbean to avoid hiring US ghetto Blacks. Then Whites move back into the city, to the neighborhoods they escaped from 50 years earlier and we start all over again. It's all just a big game of political cat 'n' mouse. The civilized, successful, well educated people (blacks included of course!) will always find a way to stay a step ahead of the permanent underclass.
That's it in summary. That goes for the Barrios too.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
We live in a suburban area because it is beautiful, it is right on the Gulf coast of Florida, our neighborhood is on the banks of a large lake, we have a county park to our south and a HUGE nature preserve to our east. We have our own neighborhood area Y, shopping, dining, retail, banking, doctors, etc area and we have a business district 5 miles to the south. We can be on the white sands of the gulf beaches in several minutes anytime we want to, we have great schools, low crime and tons of activities available.

The question is, why on earth WOULDN'T we want to be here?

We had the choice to live anywhere in the country back in 2012 and this is the number one spot we chose. If we had wanted to live in some awful concrete jungle, we would be living there now. No thanks. We will just take the suburban white sand beaches, awesome indy restaurants and all kinds of protected nature, thank you very much.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:46 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
We live in a suburban area because it is beautiful, it is right on the Gulf coast of Florida, our neighborhood is on the banks of a large lake, we have a county park to our south and a HUGE nature preserve to our east. We have our own neighborhood area Y, shopping, dining, retail, banking, doctors, etc area and we have a business district 5 miles to the south. We can be on the white sands of the gulf beaches in several minutes anytime we want to, we have great schools, low crime and tons of activities available.

The question is, why on earth WOULDN'T we want to be here?

We had the choice to live anywhere in the country back in 2012 and this is the number one spot we chose. If we had wanted to live in some awful concrete jungle, we would be living there now. No thanks. We will just take the suburban white sand beaches, awesome indy restaurants and all kinds of protected nature, thank you very much.
That sounds awesome.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:18 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I need threads like this just to remind myself that there are still racist idiots out there who think they know how everyone else lives. I love to listen to losers who need anything they can to feel superior to someone.
That's not nice to call your president a racist.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
white flight, I moved to the subirb because i got tired of my car being broken into, zero crime in suburbs the last 17 years.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Another Section 8 re-boot because the Clinton's social engineering programs did not fail badly enough.
Maybe Castro should move all the section 8 folks into his neighborhood and at the same time drop his government security protection...

Obama’s last act is to force suburbs to be less white and less wealthy | New York Post
I am sure the poor section 8 victims just love being forced to move to an area they know nothing about, separated from friends & family and not knowing a single person. What a stupid thing to do to them.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Suburbs are one of America's best examples of economic segregation. Most will accept a minority family if that family can pay the cost of living there. Many suburbs are now being occupied by slightly wealthier urban minorities that can afford to move out of the city. The original occupants of these places are moving to Florida, nursing homes or the grave.
Hey now. We are the evil top 10%'ers and we CHOSE to move to the burbs in Florida to enjoy living in a quaint gulf coast town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies