Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:51 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
What's the national guard going to do? Most of the murders happen in an instant and then people scatter.

It's not like squadrons of murderers are rampaging down the street at the same time.
This is very true. Rep to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 09:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Where is East St Louis, Illinois? That city is Number 1: Top 30 cities (population 25,000 or more) in the U.S. with the highest murder rates 2016

Also in the Murder Top 10:

2 Chester, PA
3 St. Louis, MO
4 Gary, IN
5 Detroit, MI
6 Camden, NJ
7 New Orleans, LA
8 Riviera Beach, FL
9 Trenton, NJ
10. Wilmington, DE

The Top 30 Cities With The Highest Murder Rates: 2016 are here:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

The 2016 Safest City (population 25,000 or more) is Ridgefield, CT.

The other 99 safest cities (2016) are here:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 06-15-2016 at 06:33 AM..

Old 05-29-2016, 12:12 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Explain these cities: Lincoln,NE;Madison,WI;San Jose,CA;St.Paul,MN;Denver,CO;Portland,OR;Seattle,W A;San Francisco,CA;Boston,MA;Minneapolis,MN;

Those are very liberal cities and their murder rates are markedly lower than the cities I mentioned. I know you live in the state of Washington, where Seattle is located. Very liberal city, ran by Democrats. I know despite its reputation in the past, Tacoma has a low murder rate too. Has Democratic mayor.

I seriously doubt voting Democrat is the issue.
All predominantly White. Not pleasant to talk about, but it is the elephant in the room. I often catch White progressives bragging about Vermont, New Hampshire, Oregon & Minnesota, while mocking MIssissippi, Alabama, South Carina and Louisianna. They don't even realize how racist they're being.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:37 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
All predominantly White. Not pleasant to talk about, but it is the elephant in the room. I often catch White progressives bragging about Vermont, New Hampshire, Oregon & Minnesota, while mocking MIssissippi, Alabama, South Carina and Louisianna. They don't even realize how racist they're being.
Please tell me how labeling something as racist changes the facts?

Old 05-29-2016, 01:08 PM

811 posts, read 551,139 times
I will copy/paste exactly what I said in another thread just because it is just that factual. Read the link at the bottom, it's a school in Chicago that reinforces what I'm saying.

Stop letting black children be raised by women. A lot of the messed up ones that grow up to be the shooters, drug dealers, teenage mothers etc. come from single-mother households with no male figure in the home. The most violent, misogynistic, reckless ones are more often than not raised by women. Fathers will keep the shotgun and work to prevent their daughters from boys getting them pregnant. Not mothers. Mothers also send their sons to their fathers when they're acting out because fathers discipline and set things straight.

I swear, growing up in the hood in brooklyn so many of my peers didn't have dads and these boys conducted themselves like females. Emotions over logic, no responsibility/accountability for their actions, and displayed catty behavior. Men raise kids to understand accountability, which is why we say "Real men take responsibility for their actions". Not women, which is exactly why these idiots that get involved in shootings and dumb nonsense will blame everyone but themselves. "It's white supremacy that made me do it!". I know grown men around my way that actually have problems with another grown man from petty nonsense from years ago. "I don't like that dude, he fake. He lost my basketball and never gave it back". Just like little girls. It's hilarious too seeing how these rappers today love talking about fashion and bragging about expensive brands...just like women. Grown men are sagging their pants exposing their behinds that comes from prison culture to bring advances from other men...just like women.

Case in point what happens when you let boys be raised by men and you remove the influence of women. This is an all boys school in Southside Chicago that has an astounding college acceptance rate:
Chicago’s Urban Prep Does it Again: 100 Percent College Acceptance – The Root

Old 05-29-2016, 01:28 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who would walk to a Blue Line station, right? Apparently, there's one there for no reason.
Yeah, you and thousands of other people leaving at the same time are in terrible danger. Wait, weren't you the one who touted that as the safest route out in a previous post? You seem confused. Maybe you should stick with subjects you know something about.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:32 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Yeah, you and thousands of other people leaving at the same time are in terrible danger. Wait, weren't you the one who touted that as the safest route out in a previous post?
In a locked car, not walking. Go back and read my post.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:35 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
With Black lives mattering, this is one thing no one is talking about. The one place it does not matter is in the court room. Yes, Black men make up a majority of the murder perpetrators in this country. Guess who is the victim of Black murderers 90 percent of the time? Black men. Over the past 40 years, 75 percent of all executions involved someone who killed a White person. Black men are less likely to get the death penalty if the victim is Black. Actions speak louder than words. When it comes to Blacks being murdered, the amount of justice dished out is less.

This might play a role in why murders keep taking place. Black on Black murder isn't taken as seriously in the eyes of the court system.

Old 05-29-2016, 01:55 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
It's noon Sunday, what's the score?

Old 05-29-2016, 02:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
I will copy/paste exactly what I said in another thread just because it is just that factual. Read the link at the bottom, it's a school in Chicago that reinforces what I'm saying.

Stop letting black children be raised by women. A lot of the messed up ones that grow up to be the shooters, drug dealers, teenage mothers etc. come from single-mother households with no male figure in the home. The most violent, misogynistic, reckless ones are more often than not raised by women. Fathers will keep the shotgun and work to prevent their daughters from boys getting them pregnant. Not mothers. Mothers also send their sons to their fathers when they're acting out because fathers discipline and set things straight.

I swear, growing up in the hood in brooklyn so many of my peers didn't have dads and these boys conducted themselves like females. Emotions over logic, no responsibility/accountability for their actions, and displayed catty behavior. Men raise kids to understand accountability, which is why we say "Real men take responsibility for their actions". Not women, which is exactly why these idiots that get involved in shootings and dumb nonsense will blame everyone but themselves. "It's white supremacy that made me do it!". I know grown men around my way that actually have problems with another grown man from petty nonsense from years ago. "I don't like that dude, he fake. He lost my basketball and never gave it back". Just like little girls. It's hilarious too seeing how these rappers today love talking about fashion and bragging about expensive brands...just like women. Grown men are sagging their pants exposing their behinds that comes from prison culture to bring advances from other men...just like women.

Case in point what happens when you let boys be raised by men and you remove the influence of women. This is an all boys school in Southside Chicago that has an astounding college acceptance rate:
Chicago’s Urban Prep Does it Again: 100 Percent College Acceptance – The Root
That IS harsh even tho you're on to something IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies