Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama an intellectual and chief?
Yes 31 36.90%
No 53 63.10%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 08:21 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Obama does not even make the top 28 of highest IQs. Bush, who the libs deride, has a higher IQ

The Most Intelligent Presidents in U.S. History | InsideGov
From the link:

Quote:
1 of 27 John Quincy Adams
IQ: 168.8
College: Harvard University
Quincy Adams, who lived 100 years before IQ tests were invented, has his IQ is determined to decimal point accuracy? LOL!

Most presidential IQs are unknown, including Obama's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 08:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Think about this. All the people voting "No" are basically saying that their party got beaten soundly by someone who is not a intellectual or chief.
sounds like the 8 years democrats spent complaining about the 'idiot' bush jr.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
From the link:

Quincy Adams, who lived 100 years before IQ tests were invented, has his IQ is determined to decimal point accuracy? LOL!

Most presidential IQs are unknown, including Obama's.
Behavioral Scientists are able to calculate IQ's of noteworthy people (J.S. Bach for example: 165) by writings, accomplishments, accounts of others. J.S. Bach died 17 years before Adams was even born, and they are able to estimate his IQ. Imagine that. When the same assessment is performed on Obama with a lot higher degree of accuracy, since there is far more recorded and written evidence of his functional intelligence, the result is 172, and that is higher than Clinton's (145). I am simply baffled by all this teleprompter furor. I cannot think of a recent president who has had to do as much impromptu public speaking as Obama. He does not at all embarrass himself. Some of you should try it. Donald Trump is one of the most facile public speakers I've ever seen. Oh he will make a fine president! Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat at the prospect, and then I remember that my wife has EU citizenship. Whew!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Please, he gets $400K a year FOR LIFE, not to mention the increase in speech fees he will get for the rest of his life. He can write memoirs that will earn him millions of dollars. It's a good gig if you can get it, especially if the media is on your side and doesn't vilify you and your family at every opportunity like they did to Mitt Romney.

"Former presidents receive a pension equal to the pay that the head of an executive department (Executive Level I) would be paid, as of 2015 $203,700 per year. The pension begins immediately after a president's departure from office."

Old 06-01-2016, 09:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Behavioral Scientists are able to calculate IQ's of noteworthy people
(J.S. Bach for example: 165) by writings, accomplishments, accounts of others. J.S. Bach died 17 years before Adams was even born, and they are able to estimate his IQ. Imagine that. When the same assessment is performed on Obama with a lot higher degree of accuracy, since there is far more recorded and written evidence of his functional intelligence, the result is 172, and that is higher than Clinton's (145). I am simply baffled by all this teleprompter furor. I cannot think of a recent president who has had to do as much impromptu public speaking as Obama. He does not at all embarrass himself. Some of you should try it. Donald Trump is one of the most facile public speakers I've ever seen. Oh he will make a fine president! Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat at the prospect, and then I remember that my wife has EU citizenship. Whew!
That's ridiculous. Through what bogus method did what hack behavioral scientist arrive at that number?

Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's ridiculous. Through what bogus method did what hack behavioral scientist arrive at that number?
That's above my pay grade to know. But I suspect if the hack behavioral scientist has arrived at that number for Ronald Reagan you would have had no trouble believing it.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
The only "tendencies" that Buck Obama possesses are narcissistic tendencies.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
What difference does it make? We don't evaluate performance by what they know but by what they do.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What difference does it make? We don't evaluate performance by what they know but by what they do.
Exactly. And objective assessments of what Obama does place him at the top of intelligence rankings and not at the bottom like Conservatives insist upon doing ad nauseum.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Barack is an ideologue, not an intellectual. People who grew up "in a daze" from drugs think everything they say is profound or meaningful.

Newt Gingrich has published many books about policy, healthcare reform, and such. Barack wrote a book about himself. Barack does not belong in the same conversation as Gingrich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies