Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times

Advertisements

It obvious to anyone with half a brain, that this is a complete misrepresentation.
A 2014 Stormfront article re-appears with a few added snippets that was originally based on a poorly translated italian interview. Of course Brietbart and other houses of deceit, have no problem presenting this dribble, and you have no problem with passing it on.

Dalai Lama in Italia: "I vostri immigrati sono troppi, bisogna avere il coraggio di dire basta"

What he has said, in many interviews, over the years:

Quote:
"But then you have to think, it is impossible for [everyone outside] Europe [to] come to Europe, impossible.
“They are taking care about these refugees, a small number, but ultimately we have to think how to reduce this killing in their own countries.
“And the way to reduce [that] is not using force ... in certain cases maybe but generally using force never solves these problems.”
He said that only education, dialogue, and personal contact could resolve conflicts in the long-term.
“So taking care of several thousand refugees [is] wonderful, but [in the] mean time you have to think about long-term solutions, how to bring genuine peace and genuine development, mainly through education, for these Muslim countries,” he said.
Dalai Lama: real answer to Europe’s refugee crisis lies in Middle East - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Do some research on what Dalai Lama said about Katrina hurricane victims, that'll give you a clearer picture of his racial "proclivities".
Maybe you should do a little research, and stay away from soundbytes.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Larry King, revisited the old why-God-lets-horrible-things-happen problem on a recent show, trotting out the Dalai Lama and Christian evangelist Joel Osteen to “explain” Katrina. The interesting thing was that both seemed to agree: stuff just happens.

KING: Your Holiness, how do you explain someone who believes in a higher being allowing this to happen to good people?

DALAI LAMA: Of course, from the Buddhist viewpoint, every event, every experience (UNINTELLIGIBLE) such a disaster, which is very, very painful, unspeakable sort of experiences. Are these things also, is it due to our own past karma or actions? And that is, I think, main causes, and the conditions the world climate conditions is changing, that also one factor.

Fine, but this is subject to misinterpretation. He does mean, doesn’t he, that the causal actions in question are generic, not some recent acts of evil on the part of the residents of the Gulf Coast that they are getting punished for, as some commentators, amazingly, have contended?

King continues: “But it doesn’t cause you, your Holiness, to question faith?”

DALAI LAMA: No. Of course, there—I think, for me, as a Buddhist, the real belief of all causality causes conditions, causes an effect, go like that [moving hands in a large circle]. Of course, the—even Buddhist own time, in the very eyes of—in front of Buddha’s own eye, is some people to suffer. That means things happen due to their own previous action of karma…

For the Christian answer, King moved to Osteen, asking “How do you respond to that same question? The Buddha said it’s the natural evolvement of things. What does the pastor say?” (Was Larry calling the Dalai Lama “the Buddha”? And is there really a word “evolvement”?) Osteen’s answer was almost indistinguishable from the Dalai Lama’s, although he omitted the causality twist and focused on God helping you make it through just after He destroyed your entire city:

OSTEEN: Well, Larry, what I believe from the Christian faith is that, you know, God is control. We don’t understand why all these thing happen. I think some of them are just natural disasters and you know, I think that when we come out of this we know that God is right there with us, the he’s the God to comfort us and, I don’t think we can explain this. So, we don’t try to get bogged down in that, we just try to—try to remind ourselves that God is a good God and, he’s on our side and he’s going to bring this through—bring us through these times of difficulty.

KING : Why not question it? If he’s a good God and he’s on your side, why did he flood New Orleans, something he could have prevented?

OSTEEN: You know Larry, I don’t think there’s an answer to all that. I mean you could go and figure out—and try to figure out why are babies born abnormal and why did this happen, that happen? I don’t think you can figure that out, Larry. I mean that’s, the Bible says, “God’s ways are not our ways, he works in mysterious ways,” and so, I don’t—I think that’s where a lot of people get hung up. But you know, part of trusting God is having faith in the tough times. And I think that’s what we—that’s what we do as Christians right now.

Dalai Lama encourages hurricane Katrina victims to not lose hope - www.phayul.com

Dalai Lama says Katrina victims need determination

Old 05-31-2016, 10:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Dalai Lama > Pope Francis

Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
But not quite what he said:

Quote:
Refugees forced to flee their countries could be helped by governments that intervene to create a better society so people can stay safe at home, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama said Thursday.

...Italians, and the Sicilians in particular, are proving to have a big heart but to solve the refugee problem it is necessary to intervene in those countries, make efforts to overcome wars that are causing the exodus, said the Dalai Lama.
He wants you and me to go to those countries and help solve the problems over there. Considering who he is, it makes perfect sense.

[do you volunteer?]

Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
But not quite what he said:

He wants you and me to go to those countries and help solve the problems over there. Considering who he is, it makes perfect sense.

[do you volunteer?]
It doesn't matter what he actually said. The 'white nationalist' site told them what they wanted to hear and they will gladly trumpet it as fact.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Why doesn't the Dalai Lama live in HIS own country? SMH

Forget that dude.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Forget that dude.

Following the failed 1959 Tibetan uprising, the 14th Dalai Lama sought refuge in India. The then Indian Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, allowed in the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government officials. The Dalai Lama has since lived in exile...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

Old 06-01-2016, 02:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Following the failed 1959 Tibetan uprising, the 14th Dalai Lama sought refuge in India. The then Indian Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, allowed in the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government officials. The Dalai Lama has since lived in exile...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama
Quote:

Forget that dude.
Dude, you could have done a simple search to understand why he doesn't. Do you understand that when a person is exiled they have no choice, or are you saying he should go back to his country (which I'm sure he longs to do) and face certain assassination?

--------------

1959: The Dalai Lama, fleeing the Chinese suppression of a national uprising in Tibet, crosses the border into India, where he is granted political asylum.
Dalai Lama begins exile - Mar 31, 1959 - HISTORY.com

--------------

I find it disconcerting that some people in here who claim to be part of the tolerant herd are also directing hate toward the arguable leader of the Buddhists, which is regarded as the most peaceful of all religions, simply because they disagree with his common sense PoV.

Clue: If you hate people for having differing opinions, YOU are not tolerant AT ALL

Old 06-01-2016, 02:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Dude, you could have done a simple search to understand why he doesn't. Do you understand that when a person is exiled they have no choice, or are you saying he should go back to his country (which I'm sure he longs to do) and face certain assassination?

--------------

1959: The Dalai Lama, fleeing the Chinese suppression of a national uprising in Tibet, crosses the border into India, where he is granted political asylum.
Dalai Lama begins exile - Mar 31, 1959 - HISTORY.com

--------------

I find it disconcerting that some people in here who claim to be part of the tolerant herd are also directing hate toward the arguable leader of the Buddhists, which is regarded as the most peaceful of all religions, simply because they disagree with his common sense PoV.

Clue: If you hate people for having differing opinions, YOU are not tolerant AT ALL
Point is that others are leaving their countries for the same reason he left his.

As to him being the top dog of the Buddhist faith, whatever. To me he's just another fakir. The world has a bunch of 'em.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:58 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Point is that others are leaving their countries for the same reason he left his.

As to him being the top dog of the Buddhist faith, whatever. To me he's just another fakir. The world has a bunch of 'em.
That is your opinion, and thank God there is still a Constitution which protects your ability to voice it.

Point is that these people are NOT pro-western culture. THEY have no intention of assimilating whatsoever.

WHY are NO Muslim countries offering them asylum? WHY, just like Palestinians, are these countries which align with the immigrants totally ignoring the immigrants?

Why are we, the evil Satan, the ones on the hook to solve their problems?

Please, answer that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies