Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 03:56 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times

Advertisements

If the percentage of people with severe food allergies is so small, why do we bother with labeling ingredients in food?

If the percentage of people with wheelchairs is so small, why do we bother building elevators and ramps?

If the percentage of people who need working animals is so small, why do we allow service dogs (or other animals) in public places?

Anyhow, what is an acceptable threshold when we can start accommodating people? 5%? 10%? 20%? I mean, we could go back to the world where the left handedness was beaten out of people if you'd like, although maybe 11% is a high enough percentage in which to make accommodations.

I'm not sure what accommodations for LGBT people really affect you in any way outside of some of the gender identity stuff.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Certain fundamental rights of "minorities" were so important that our founders included them in the Bill of Rights. Also Congress and state legislatures are free to pass (and they do) laws protecting "minorities."

The point is "majority rules" is always subject to limits imposed by the Constitution or by law.

Just think, in 20-30 years, the white people will be in the minority. At that point, you'd be thankful your rights are protected from the new majority.

Mick

Old 06-02-2016, 05:46 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
And women should be protected from male perverts that will take advantage of the Transgender laws that Obama and many on the liberal left would see enacted.

Less then 1% of the population is Transgender but now you want to put 50% of the population in danger. Sure that makes sense.

There are already laws in place that protect the LGBTs from violence. Those laws apply to everyone. There don't need to be special laws in place.

Frankly, if you decide that you are not what nature intended you to be, than life will be (or should be) a little inconvenient until you remedy the situation (which should be your bill to pay, btw).

I don't have 20/20 vision. Should all signs be printed so that I can read them or should I be provided free glasses for the rest of my life.

I can't run a 9.5 second 100M dash. Should other runners be handicapped so that they are not faster than me or should I be given jetpacks or something.

Our right is a right to life, a right to liberty, and the pursuit of (but not the guarantee of) happiness. Liberty does not mean everyone else must bow to my demands. Liberty does not mean we all have equal land or equal $, but we all can work to change our circumstances for the better. Liberty means we don't live under an oppressive gov't and have access to courts for grievances.

Liberty does not mean that today I am a man, but feel like a woman, so I'm going to go walk into a woman's restroom. Sorry, that just isn't reasonable..

If someone is a Pervert, bathroom law or no bathroom law they are going to be a Pervert. The idea that this opens the door to anything other than Transgenders using the bathroom of the sex they changed into is nothing other than fear mongering.

What the law in North Carolina now does is it forces those who look and have the parts of one sex use the bathroom of another sex if that is what is on their birth certificate. Now that creates far more problems than allowing transgenders to use the bathroom of their current sex would.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:06 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Only the tyranny of the few in Federal Office make it thus.

States have repeatedly voted against it.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You would not consider a student body doing away with prom queen/king but instead introducing king/king as change or accommodating? I find this quite unfair to both the young boys and girls.

Step out of your immediate space and look around you. You are not the only ones in this world. There are millions of people that think differently than you.

Ever watch those comedy shows when the comedian takes a big ole red snapper fish off the plate and smacks the other person across the face with it? You get the picture.

Gender policy leaves school with two prom kings.

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/gen...360c2bb65.html
Having a prom king and prom queen are not rights afforded to us by laws or our constitution. They are just a tradition and traditions always change. FWIW, I'm an adult and am not and have never been all that interested in prom anyway.

Quote:
And women should be protected from male perverts that will take advantage of the Transgender laws that Obama and many on the liberal left would see enacted.

Less then 1% of the population is Transgender but now you want to put 50% of the population in danger. Sure that makes sense.

There are already laws in place that protect the LGBTs from violence. Those laws apply to everyone. There don't need to be special laws in place.

Frankly, if you decide that you are not what nature intended you to be, than life will be (or should be) a little inconvenient until you remedy the situation (which should be your bill to pay, btw).

I don't have 20/20 vision. Should all signs be printed so that I can read them or should I be provided free glasses for the rest of my life.

I can't run a 9.5 second 100M dash. Should other runners be handicapped so that they are not faster than me or should I be given jetpacks or something.

Our right is a right to life, a right to liberty, and the pursuit of (but not the guarantee of) happiness. Liberty does not mean everyone else must bow to my demands. Liberty does not mean we all have equal land or equal $, but we all can work to change our circumstances for the better. Liberty means we don't live under an oppressive gov't and have access to courts for grievances.

Liberty does not mean that today I am a man, but feel like a woman, so I'm going to go walk into a woman's restroom. Sorry, that just isn't reasonable..

I am a woman. I think men should focus more on "protecting" us women from regularly dressed men who are perverts and who take advantage of women via raping them, harrassing them, and molesting them. I have actually known quite a few transgendered individuals via some volunteer work I did in college and all of them were kind people. I have been cat called mercilessly though on the street by men and when I didn't accept their advances they called me a b*tch. I have been molested by men dressed like men on the street who brush against or flat our grab my butt or breasts without permission and by guys who I didn't know. I have had a guy put his hand under my skirt when I sat next to him on a plane and I had to punch him in the eye. Women and girls (this harrassment started for me when I was 10 and got breasts for the first time) are constantly threatened by men in such a fashion and they don't have to dress up like women to be perverts.

IMO men are only now worried about "perverts" so they can denigrate other citizens in our country for being different. It is odd to me that you don't care about regularly dressed men perverts. They are very active in harrassing girls and women.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:21 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If someone is a Pervert, bathroom law or no bathroom law they are going to be a Pervert. The idea that this opens the door to anything other than Transgenders using the bathroom of the sex they changed into is nothing other than fear mongering.
Really? How so? I've asked several times, and NO ONE has yet been able to answer the questions... There's no definitive identification of who is or who is not transgender. What's the criteria to identify someone as such? Merely someone's "say so" about themselves? And who is monitoring access to girls'/women's multiple occupancy restroom/locker/shower room facilities to make sure that only those who actually ARE transgender are admitted to the facilities? Will there be guards at each entrance the entire time such facilities are open?

Any sexual predator male with an exposure fetish can now just stroll right into the girl's/women's multiple occupancy locker/shower room, strip down to nothing, and if he "says" he's "transgender," no girl/woman can do a thing about it except to submit to indecent exposure ...or leave. And what's to stop male voyeur sexual predators from watching girls/women undress under the same circumstances? All they have to do is "say" they're "transgender" and all's good; no one can challenge their right to be there.

Obama, liberals, and trans SJWs clearly did NOT think through the consequences of demanding such an idiotic policy.

But don't feel bad... the University of Toronto did the same thing and then had to backtrack on their policy because male students were caught videoing female students in the shower.

And a sexual predator who falsely claimed to be transgender and preyed on women at Toronto women's shelters was arrested and jailed.
Predator who claimed to be transgender declared dangerous offender | Toronto & G

What I don't get is how supposedly "smart" people like college administrators, Obama, etc., never thought through their "edicts" to these and the other inevitable consequences of predators taking advantage of the ability to "claim" to be "transgender" to have much easier access to their victims. Do they have NO common sense? WTF?

Old 06-03-2016, 07:30 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:

You realize though that transgendered people have ALL been using the bathroom they associate with for decades and decades and no one has said a word and it's fine. They're just trying to pee.

It's only now that for some reason people who don't know what's going on realized this and decided to make laws to "fix" things and are actually screwing everything up and making it very awkward for everyone now.

These straight perverts who are going into the women's restrooms to "protect" them are really the only impact that these laws are having.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:54 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Funny you should mention that. See, we used to ban Blacks, Jews, Asians etc. from swimming pools, locker rooms etc. And it worked fine! Then, all of a sudden, a bunch of SJWs got busy and - to borrow the OP's phrase - a "vast, VAST majority of people should inconvenience and go far out of their way and completely change/dismantle the way things have been".
I was just mentioning how politics works. Politicians go after who they feel can contribute the most money.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
you people just refuse to get it, smh

all they want, ever wanted, is to have the same rights as any other tax paying American citizen.

are they not HUMAN??

Old 06-03-2016, 08:05 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
you people just refuse to get it, smh

all they want, ever wanted, is to have the same rights as any other tax paying American citizen.

are they not HUMAN??
Not when they allow sexual predators to exploit them and their needs to have easier access to their victims.

They should have thought that through. It's damaging the gains they've made in gaining sympathy for their cause among the general public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies